PDA

View Full Version : Ideas toward an explanation?

Christoff
05-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Rosetta Stoned. So many similarities to Thrid Eye.

The following have already been expressed...

Is this perhaps a near truthful account of a life-changing experience Maynard had with DMT?

The message: "All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves..."

Or maybe it is a imagined account of the experience Bill Hicks had with aliens?

Now, I am without doubt that it is an account of a DMT experience... DMT is a purgative, apparently quite an effective one at that, hence the line "Goddamn I shit the bed."

I would love to find out from whose perspective this song is written. Let's talk it through...

highrowglifix
05-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I know that it fits will in with the proceding track, Lost keys, which has the doctor questioning what is wrong with the patient, and then at the begninning of this track, the roaring barely intellegible voice, which I think is Maynard's criticism of lyric-less metal, might simulate the way a drug user hears themself with respect to the system demanding "How are You... you... you?!?!"

Also, the fact that the Rosetta Stone had three languages on it might suggest that a revelatory experience, perhaps one on DMT as you suggest, although cough syrup will equally make you shit your pants, has occured in the song. Note the comment I make on the whispers thread in Intension if you're interested in how the three voices might begin speaking at once at the beginning of the following track.

Just my 2c :P