PDA

View Full Version : Quickly becomnig my favorite song on the album

prohibitedart
05-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Second time poster, long time Tool fan. Going on seven years now.

I was hesitant to listen to Wings For Marie/10,000 Days for awhile, mainly sticking to tracks like Jambi, The Pot, and Right in Two.
But now that I've listened to the song a few more times, I find there's something really special about it. It's very therapeutic.
The way the track creeps up on you and releases is amazing.

The whole album is brilliant; it's different. It's not predictable. And I must say I'm really impressed with everyone else's feedback concerning themes of individual songs and the album as a whole.

DON IOTAE
05-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah, it's a good one. My favourite still, by far, is The Pot. But marie is a great song. It does build up nicely, and the words are really a nice complement to the angry expressions of MJK in Judith...

rinia
05-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days are my favorite tracks on the cd, hands down.

fugitive538
05-07-2006, 09:17 AM
At the moment i consider the Wings pt1-pt2 combo as my favourite song on the album (it has got a really special atmosphere. Genius work.). But it will probably change, since the album is still quite unknown to me. i only have it for 6 days now. And a Tool-album takes a lot more time to understand and appreciate. So now my favourite is the wings for marie. But right now for example Jambi is cathing up fast...:-)

Loveboat Captain
05-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Jambi is probably my favourite now. It was my least favourite on the first few listens, but now its amazing.

I'm listening to wings now. It really is unpredictable.

Phineas Loudbottom
05-07-2006, 06:47 PM
It's the first song that caught my attention as having some musical sublimity, something which has since changed to include other parts of the album. I think it should have been 10,000 Days' opening track. It certainly would have set a contemplative mood.

First post. Toolshed's been around for ages and I didn't realize there was a forum...D'oh! :P

Spaceman Spiff
02-28-2007, 07:16 PM
"Wings For Marie" seems more and more superfluous the more I hear it. One of the weakest tracks onthe record, I think. Take it, and "The Pot," out and the album's better already. Replace them with something else and it'll be a solid record.

p.r.a.i.s.e.
08-12-2007, 05:03 PM
"Wings For Marie" seems more and more superfluous the more I hear it. One of the weakest tracks on the record, I think. Take it, and "The Pot," out and the album's better already. Replace them with something else and it'll be a solid record.

weakest? Wings, though the vocals are soft, is definitely a strong track. Its pt one of a memorial to his mother, & its my belief that its an extremely courageous thing to make such a dedication.
that, and I rather like The Pot.

Cheesegreater
08-12-2007, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't want a single song on this album replaced.

p.r.a.i.s.e.
08-13-2007, 12:56 PM
i couldn't agree with you more Cheesegreater

Hodge
08-13-2007, 01:02 PM
although the 6 minutes and 13 seconds taken up by Lipan/Viginti could have been put to better use

base metal
08-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Wings for Marie certainly deserves praise. One of my favorites on the album without a doubt.