PDA

View Full Version : My Theory

jsn
05-06-2006, 11:06 AM
pure as we begin
move by will alone

our soul before it enters the physical....

spark becomes a flame
flame becomes a fire
for to blame the snake, the stranger
take whatever we desire

all these parts are about living and life in the physical...

leave as we come in
pure as light, return to one

after the spirit leaves the physical...

xPOGOx
05-06-2006, 11:10 AM
take whatever we desire
Biblical reference.

Bible blames the evil snake for tricking Adam&Eve into eating the fruit (despite God's warning). Here, MJK is really point the finger at simple human nature. We take what we desire.

But maybe by doing this, he's making a criticism on people today. Everyone just takes whatever they can in this world, which is very much so not how God intended Adam&Eve to live. For Adam & Eve, they had all that fruit they could taste, but love of God was supposed to be enough.

Dredg
05-06-2006, 11:50 AM
pure as we begin
move by will alone

our soul before it enters the physical....

spark becomes a flame
flame becomes a fire
take whatever we desire

all these parts are about living and life in the physical...

leave as we come in
pure as light, return to one

after the spirit leaves the physical...

This song is about the development of human consciousness and the begining of human evolution. Maynard brings up the first fire man ignited as well as discription of how the universe is a chaotic system. As he said in vicarious the universe is a hostile place and therefore, humans are a product of it. Maynard is illustrating the development of man into this chaotic reality, sort of as if this reality corrupted something that was pure. This song is an attachment to Right in two. Intension disscusses man's entre into reality and Right In Two discusses how man uses reality - the begining and the present.

You can not just grab at a few lyrics and say what the song is about, you need the whole piece to make an observation.

Dredg
05-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Biblical reference.

Bible blames the evil snake for tricking Adam&Eve into eating the fruit (despite God's warning). Here, MJK is really point the finger at simple human nature. We take what we desire.

But maybe by doing this, he's making a criticism on people today. Everyone just takes whatever they can in this world, which is very much so not how God intended Adam&Eve to live. For Adam & Eve, they had all that fruit they could taste, but love of God was supposed to be enough.

Adam and Eve was early man's guilt trip. A primitive answer to a complex question of "what is this reality about".

littlejason
05-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Damn, Dredg got to sound smart before i did. You and I had the exact same interpretation, which is good, now i don't feel like the world is filled with idiots.