PDA

View Full Version : Rev 2:20

martyr_02
05-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Anybody else think that 'Nards vocals in this song sound extremely close to that of rev 220? I didn't really notice it at first, I was to hung up on the whole fetch the spirit son and father part, but now that i really listen to it, i think it sounds a lot like it. Even the storm in the background sounds like it belongs in a "non-tool" song. To be honest it made me like the song less. Rosetta stoned is now my fav.

Pillar of faith
05-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Revelation 2:20 (New International Version)

20: Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.

Ahhhh..... Na..... I dont think so mate. I think MJK would be pissed at you for saying that!!!

sinikal
05-06-2006, 02:06 PM
I believe he's referring to Rev 22:20..the Puscifer song that Maynard sang for the Underworld sountrack. He's saying that this song sounds less like a Tool song and more like a Maynard side-band..correct?

martyr_02
05-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I believe he's referring to Rev 22:20..the Puscifer song that Maynard sang for the Underworld sountrack. He's saying that this song sounds less like a Tool song and more like a Maynard side-band..correct?

yup that'd be it, forgot it was 22:20 though. I was refereing to his vocal style, not his lyrics.

xPOGOx
05-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Interestingly enough, that song is on the soundtrack to Saw II as well.

fugitive538
05-08-2006, 05:10 AM
btw: REV 22:20 really is on the Underworld soundtrack, and on Saw II there is a remix, called REV 22:20 (REV 4:20 mix). Both sound great, but quite different.
But i think too that the title refers to REVELATION 22:20.
Well, probably the vocal style is similar -though i dont feel it-, but why do you ignore the lyrics? they are as important in MJK's work as the vocals.