PDA

View Full Version : most euphoric Tool moment ever

reflection11
05-05-2006, 07:06 PM
The whole "Overwhelmed as one would be..." till "but I forgot my pen" part of this song might be the most euphoric part of any Tool song, in my opinion. The ending of pushit and the grudge come in close, but just something about the way Maynard sings in this song is amazing.

So what is everyone's most euphoric Tool moment ever?

Satival Tributary
05-05-2006, 07:21 PM
That moment is definitely one of mine as well.

Also, "Gonna wait it out...be patient..." from The Patient.

And, of course, "Lateralus". The entire song.

mattw
05-05-2006, 07:28 PM
I agree with the two posts above:

1) "Overwhelmed as one would be..."

2) Lateralus, especially from "... and still be a human" onwards - the song is brilliant!

3) I really like the "I'll... keep... digging..." moment from Stinkfist, especially live, as well as the "I don't mind" part from H.

4) The whole Wings For Marie/10,000 Days epic has many euphoric moments so its hard to pinpoint one... and Right In Two has some special moments...

5) Forty Six & 2 towards the end where Danny goes nuts and Maynard comes back in with the vocals - beautiful!

I could keep writing but I'm sure there are many many moments that everyone loves etc.

Stev
05-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Completely agree. One of my big ones is 'Staring down the hole again' from Pushit.

reflection11
05-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Completely agree. One of my big ones is 'Staring down the hole again' from Pushit.

yeah, from "staring down the hole again" onwards is fuckin amazing... listening to that loud and on good speakers is almost better than sex.... almost

Blanket_509
05-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Most climactic moments...

(I know Maynard's transcription is different, but this is how I hear it on the album)

"Staring down that hole again
Hands are on my back again
Survival is my only friend
Terrified of what may come.
Remember I'll always love you
As a I tear your fucking throat away
It will end no other way."

"So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
Just let the light touch you
And let the words spill through
And let them pass right through
Bringing out our hope and reason ...
before we pine away."

"So good to see you once again
I thought that you were hiding from me.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing a trail of smoke and reason."

"Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance,
Burden of proof tossed upon the believers.
You were [the / my] witness, my eyes, my evidence,
Judith Marie, unconditional one."

The end of Rosetta Stoned comes after those 4, IMO.

chickenweasel
05-06-2006, 12:24 AM
My TOP Tool moment is definitely the extended bit they've added into Stinkfist live in the past, (the part that would lead in to the "I'll, keep, digging..."). I used to wish for a studio version of it but then realized that part of why I loved it SO MUCH (besides that fact that it's just awesome) was because I didn't get to hear it whenever I wanted to (I'm not much of a bootleg listener). It was a special treat that meant, yeah, here you are again, at a Tool show. I was a bit crestfallen when they didn't play it that way last night in Oakland as it's been a long time since they played the standard album version at a show that I've been at.

The Rosetta Stoned moment in question is DEFINITELY up there as well. I love that part.

desdin0va
05-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I agree with everything said thus far... but I think we're all forgetting the "FUCK YOUUUUUUUU!!!!" at the beginning of Hush. I also love everything after "hold your light" in Jimmy, and when the music gets heavy again after the interlude in "Ticks and Leeches".

CelestialRender
05-06-2006, 09:21 AM
This one in Rosetta.
"You are the voice that's been callin me back HOME!" from Jimmy.
The section at the Gates in Wings.
"crucify the ego" Reflection.
"And if there were no rewards to reap..." The Patient.
"So glad to see you once again..." Third Eye.

And tons more...but that's some that come right off the top of my head.

hbynoe
05-06-2006, 09:41 AM
wow tool is really reallly fucking good aren't they

champion
05-06-2006, 09:43 AM

Hilarious post.

Seoman
05-06-2006, 09:49 AM

(I know Maynard's transcription is different, but this is how I hear it on the album)

before we pine away."

I totally agree and got nothing to add here! These are, for me also, exactly the most beautiful and intense parts that always make me think: "Ohh yes, this is why I love TOOL!"

Culb
05-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I agree with everything so far. But I have to add in the "I must keep reminding myself of this" from "The Patient". It's just so amazing when Adam kicks in with that riff, and Maynard's vocals are absolutely flawless and appropriate for that part.

Snakedragon
05-06-2006, 10:18 AM
i loe that part. Maynard shines like a beacon on that part, best climax to a song ever

jsn
05-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Flood

Here comes the water. All I knew and all I believed are crumbling images that no longer comfort me. I scramble to reach higher ground, some order and sanity, or something to comfort me. So I take what is mine, and hold what is mine, suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine. Soon the water will come and claim what is mine. I must leave it behind, and climb to a new place now. This ground is not the rock I thought it to be. Thought I was high, and free. I thought I was there divine destiny. I was wrong. This changes everything. The water is rising up on me. Thought the sun would come deliver me, but the truth has come to punish me instead. The ground is breaking down right under me. Cleanse and purge me in the water.

pseud0
05-06-2006, 11:52 AM
shit the bed again, typical

kidnappedbassist
05-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I agree with the two posts above:

1) "Overwhelmed as one would be..."

2) Lateralus, especially from "... and still be a human" onwards - the song is brilliant!

3) I really like the "I'll... keep... digging..." moment from Stinkfist, especially live, as well as the "I don't mind" part from H.

4) The whole Wings For Marie/10,000 Days epic has many euphoric moments so its hard to pinpoint one... and Right In Two has some special moments...

5) Forty Six & 2 towards the end where Danny goes nuts and Maynard comes back in with the vocals - beautiful!

I could keep writing but I'm sure there are many many moments that everyone loves etc.

to add one more to this list... the live version of Pushit on Salival. "There's no love in fear"

Loveboat Captain
05-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I would say lateralus. the "with my feet upon the ground" part of that gives me chills. But I love the one in Rossetta stoned because it sounds so emotional yet he's singing "I forgot my pen, shit my bed again". XD

WitlessLiar
05-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Oooh...

The lines stated above in Reflection (starting from "So let the light touch you...")

H. - "And as the walls come down/And as I look in your eyes/My fear begins to fade/Recalling all of the times I have died/And will die/I don't mind/I don't mind"

Pushit (live) - "There is no other way... there is no other way"

Jimmy - "You were the voice that's been calling me back home"

Stinkfist - "How can this mean anything to me? My brain don't feel a thing at all[or whatever]"

But my favorite comes in three places in 10,000 days... "Only you can shake your fists at the gate, sayin 'I have come home now.'" "It's time now, my time now, give me my, give me my wings" and the end of the song.

05-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey man, thanks for this thread. I just relived why I love Tool so much.

tool25
05-06-2006, 03:47 PM
wierdly enough witless, i was goin to list all of the same songs u did and the same parts (except reflection). steal my LIST!!!!!!!!:)

_sularetal01
05-06-2006, 03:55 PM
man..suprises me that no one has said sober. I like the part where it slows down as maynard says "I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile..etc. then Adam comes in and Maynard screams WHHHYYY can't we not be sober?

highrowglifix
05-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Crazy how much we agree on these. I've never seen so much consent in a thread :)

Personally, I agree with "It will end no other way.... It will end no ooothheeer waaay!!!"

Also "I wanna see it go down. Bring it down. Suck it down. Flush it down!!!..."
Then the whispers, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!"

But of course, the ones on this album "It's my time! Give me my wings! Give me my wings!!"
And not forgetting this one we're all posing on :)

Culb
05-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I also have to add that starting at 4:12 of "The Pot" is one of the most euphoric, and extremely perfect Tool moments ever.

awaking
05-06-2006, 07:58 PM
I dont really know if it's been mentioned but the ending of Aenema is really bad ass. this is my faviorite part in the song.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.; from here on the backround bass and guitar are awesome;
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

reflection11
05-06-2006, 08:36 PM
I know I started this thread about the lines in Rosetta Stoned and other Tool songs, and I know this isn't really Tool related, but I had to mention the "Gotta get away, clear away...", completely and wholy beautiful part in Orestes. Maynard is amazing. Thanks for all your insights.

Dubya
05-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Who could forget that amazing high ntoe that Maynard hits at the end of Pushit? "I must pursuade you another WAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!"

And also the last "Cut it all Right in Two" gets me choked up every time.

And That Massive scream after "Shit the Bed" in Rosetta Stoned

And the whole end section of The Patient starting at "I must keep reminding myself of this

And the end sectionof Ticks & Leeches from abut 5:55 to the end.

Oh God, I could go one forever.

pivotal digit
05-06-2006, 08:43 PM
I have to get in here , i agree with all of the moments and then some , and with this album some more, it's very beautiful and has great depth and texture and subtle beauty.

awaking
05-06-2006, 08:45 PM
All of Rosetta Stoned is euphoric

The middle of The Grudge is great. The breakdown in The Patient is awesome

Aenima has so many moments.

Jimmy- Till one and one are one..

Eulogy- Tou've claimed all this.." The ending is the best.

Pushit- "I'm alive when you're touching me.." the ending too . the whole song

At the end of Vicarious when James yells Vicariously I, is really good too

martyr_02
05-06-2006, 08:52 PM
H. I DON"T MIND!!!!!

Seethus
05-06-2006, 09:03 PM
(ignoring 10,000 days for a second)
'I must, keep,reminding, myself of this!' on The patient.
Unbeatable

and no eggs
05-06-2006, 09:34 PM
I would say that my fav include, but are not limited to, they seem to change about monthly would be

Prison sex: "I have found...."

Ticks & Leeches: the entire end section

Eulogy: the end scream, which I think is the best scream in the history of music, and still gives me goose bumps every time i hear it....

making myself stop here.

Wonko The Sane
05-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Flood

Here comes the water. All I knew and all I believed are crumbling images that no longer comfort me. I scramble to reach higher ground, some order and sanity, or something to comfort me. So I take what is mine, and hold what is mine, suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine. Soon the water will come and claim what is mine. I must leave it behind, and climb to a new place now. This ground is not the rock I thought it to be. Thought I was high, and free. I thought I was there divine destiny. I was wrong. This changes everything. The water is rising up on me. Thought the sun would come deliver me, but the truth has come to punish me instead. The ground is breaking down right under me. Cleanse and purge me in the water.

I second that. On a personal level those are probably the most uncomfortably relatable lyrics I've ever heard.

Wonko The Sane
05-06-2006, 10:27 PM
And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping.
The moon tells me a secret. My confidant.
As full and bright as I am, this light is not my own
A million light reflections pass over me
It's source is bright and endless.
She resuscitates the hopeless
Without her we are lifeless satellites dreaming dreams.

Beautiful - i love it.

Sporkk
05-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Eulogy, at around 6:30. "You claimed all this time..."

Wonko The Sane
05-06-2006, 10:33 PM
H. - "Venomous voice tempts me, drains me, bleeds me, leaves me cracked and empty. Drags me down like some sweet gravity."

elevation
05-06-2006, 10:34 PM
And as I pull my head out
I am without one doubt
Don't wanna be down here
Soothing my narcissism
I must crucify the ego
Before it's far too late
I pray the light lifts me out
Before I pine away...
So crucify the ego
Before it's far too late
To leave behind this place
So negative and blind and cynical
And you will come to find
That we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined
And all conceivable
Bringing out our hope and reason
Before we pine away...

The way this song builds and peaks is just incredible. Adam's guitar just blows my mind every time, and it is Maynard's most surreal, overwhelming lyrical and vocal accomplishment.

Wonko The Sane
05-06-2006, 10:36 PM
End of Jambi, "Silence legions, save your poison. Silence Legions, stay out of my way." I would love for that to extend a little longer and for Maynards voice to be mixed a bit louder in that section. Very intense moment though I think.

Wonko The Sane
05-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I would say lateralus. the "with my feet upon the ground" part of that gives me chills. But I love the one in Rossetta stoned because it sounds so emotional yet he's singing "I forgot my pen, shit my bed again". XD

I concur. I don't thing anything has ever given me chills like the last half of Lateralus. From about 5 minutes on it is just perfect. That is hilarious the way Maynard sings that section of Rosetta Stoned. He sounds so strained and burdened genuinely concerned about his inability to share with the world the apocolyptic message of the ET. Great stuff.

Wonko The Sane
05-06-2006, 10:43 PM
And No Eggs - lol, love the handle.

Zaxang
05-06-2006, 10:55 PM
The whole "Overwhelmed as one would be..." till "but I forgot my pen" part of this song might be the most euphoric part of any Tool song, in my opinion. The ending of pushit and the grudge come in close, but just something about the way Maynard sings in this song is amazing.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel the exact same way.

ArizonaBay
05-07-2006, 06:41 AM
"Dont just call me pessimistic, try and read between the lines. I cant imagine why you wouldnt welcome any change my freind"

"Overwhelmed as one would be...."

"Thers something kind of sad about the way things have come to be, desensitised to everything, what became of subtlety?"

"So glad to see you, ive missed you so much"

"to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be human"

JE Mack
05-07-2006, 06:52 AM
I love all the parts you've all be posting plus some parts from the songs Undertow and 4 degrees. I was listening to the new tool while having my heart rate monitored at the hospital last weekend and found out that my heart rate actually drops really low (low 40's) when I hear the parts you've mentioned (in Rosetta Stoned and others). I figured it would make it go up, because those parts make me feel so much more alert but I guess those parts actually relax me. Weird.

silerwen
05-07-2006, 06:55 AM
gets the shivers.... whew

champion
05-07-2006, 07:01 AM
I'd have to say the end of The Grudge and the last half of Lateralus will be unbeatable. The last minute of Jambi is gaining on them, though. The end of Pushit is there, too.

Negatorie
05-07-2006, 10:33 AM
reflection at the end gets me, the guitar and vocals from 9:00 - till the end. Are amazing

agree with everything esle especially pushit. I swear that song gets me choked up at the end as well.. amazing, and lateralus as well

Amethyst Believer
05-07-2006, 11:12 AM
I have to say, I enjoyed this thread more than I am Rosetta Stoned.

mantra mouse
05-07-2006, 11:14 AM
"10,000 days in the fire is long enough, you're going home"

rochey-o
05-07-2006, 11:15 AM
1. stinkfist - "something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be"
2. rosetta stoned - the part mentioned
3. aenima - "praying for rain"
4. lateralus - whole song
5. schism - cold silence
6. swamp song "why dont you get out while you cannnnnn"
7. prison sex "i have found some kind of temporary sanity"
8. 10000 days "give me my wings"

mrhubof
05-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I sink into my chair when i listen to "4 Degrees". It brings me to places i have only been when i was not in my own mind. Damn i sound nuts.......

Sinking deeper, it brings me closer.

cynicis
05-07-2006, 11:27 AM
#1 of all TOOL songs, "I'll keep digging til I feel something."
#2 "there's no love in fear"

The rest in no particular order:
Eulogy... "To ascend you must die...good bye!"

Bottom... "I'm dead in-siide!"

Aenema... "Time to bring it down again...flush it down"

Third Eye... "so good to see you...prying open my third eye"

Opiate... (probably the most underrated) "My god's will...to rape you"

Grudge... "Saturn comes back around...choose to let this go"

Ticks and Leeches... everything after the soft interlude

10000 Days... "You're the only one who can hold your head up high...Judith Marie unconditional one"

Asprinbah
05-07-2006, 11:33 AM
I dont know, for me the "most euphoric moment" would have to be stretched out to cover an entire song, and that would probablly be the beginning of parabola as it transitions from parabol. Or, all of Third Eye.

Amethyst Believer
05-07-2006, 01:21 PM
I sink into my chair when i listen to "4 Degrees". It brings me to places i have only been when i was not in my own mind. Damn i sound nuts.......

Sinking deeper, it brings me closer.

... to anal sex.

Sorry.

Asprinbah
05-08-2006, 04:09 AM
Hahaha!

ppurcelljr
05-08-2006, 04:46 AM
I love all of these. Great thread!

How about in Schism "between supposed lovers"

Asprinbah
05-08-2006, 06:17 AM
How about the section near the end of Aenema when Maynard starts to sing "Cuz I'm praying for rain"? That whole section is amazing, but when he sings "Mom please flush it all away" it gives me goosebumps, and its so awesome to hear someone speak of nature that way.

PatBateman
05-08-2006, 01:21 PM
"I embrace my desire to
I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired to fathom the power, to witness the beauty,
to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
to swing on the spiral
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human"

my 2 cents

profundo giallo
05-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Eulogy, at around 6:30. "You claimed all this time..."

Agreed! My personal favourite Toolgasm "dont you fucking lie!"

Triple Six Mafia
05-08-2006, 01:42 PM
The Patient

imatoolhed
05-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh so many...

One i really like though is near the end of stinkfist. How the vocals and music just complement each other ... espeically the drums, seems to have emotion them selves.

"Somthing kind of sad about ..."

Chillz. :)

ChrisFist
05-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Who could forget that amazing high ntoe that Maynard hits at the end of Pushit? "I must pursuade you another WAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!"

Completely agree! The entire song is my "most euphoric Tool moment ever", but the line "I must pursuade you another WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY" stops me dead in my tracks every fucking time.

I also like the deviation in verse they take in "fetch me the spirit, the son and the father" in 10,000 Days.

I also feel the line "Judith Marie, unconditional Oooooonnnnnneeee" from 10,000 Days is up there on the euphoria meter.

jstock2000
05-08-2006, 02:27 PM
God I needed this. I'm now as excited as could be after reading this thread. I completely agree with everything everyone has posted especially "Cuz I'm praying for rain..." part in aenema. I think the end part of Bottom where he screams

"Dead INSIIIIIIIIIDE!!!"

and follows with

"Hatred, weakness, and guilt keep me alive
at the bottom"

takes the cake for me.

Max T.
05-08-2006, 02:33 PM
My favorites

Pushit towards the end when Maynard sings,
"If when I say I might fade like a sigh if I stay, you minimize my movements anyway, I must persuade you another way" (and Danny does those sweet fills in between the phrases)

Rosetta Stoned
"Strapped down, my bed, feet cold--eyes red" (badass vocals)

Third Eye (Salival)
"So good to see you once again....."
and when he yells the "We came out to watch you play, WHY'RE you running away?"

those moments give me goosebumps, the epitome of an inspiring song.

Hagbard
05-08-2006, 02:35 PM
The coda of Lateralus always leaves me shivering.

Goodwin
05-08-2006, 02:53 PM
I also like the deviation in verse they take in "fetch me the spirit, the son and the father" in 10,000 Days.

BARELY BEAT ME TOO IT! I realized this part of the song riding home in the car today. Its fucking incredible. It like made me get goose bumps like crazy and tear up a lil. For some reason I have a feeling it took Maynard real guts to say this. I can't descrive why... Its just incredible to realize the power behind these words. It by far is my favorite Tool quote of all time. Period

Turner
05-08-2006, 06:23 PM
... "overwhelmed..."

fucken oath! in my opinion, the best part of the latest album, although i've only given it a superficial listening at this stage...

One moment that i dont think has been mentioned, which i think is very climatic.. Parabola"

"chance to be, alive and breathing.."

I reckon thats one of the most important lines of Lateralus.. the emotion he pours into that.. gets me everytime.

magnolia
05-08-2006, 06:29 PM
a few of mine:

"must keep reminding myself of this" - when the high backup vocals come in
"i'm praying for rain... i'm praying for tidal waves"
"swing 'round the spiral of our divinity and still be a human"
"46 and 2 are just ahead of me"

and of course "between supposed lovers... between supposed brothers"

burning bridges
05-08-2006, 06:35 PM
The end of Parabola.

magnolia
05-08-2006, 06:35 PM
really cool thread, btw

Dashel
05-08-2006, 08:11 PM
The climax on Crawl Away. H comes close.

bitter_enigma
05-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Yah, dat is good.

seanpiece
05-08-2006, 09:11 PM
My favorite is the instrumental in Lateralus. Bass enters in a 3/4, drums counter the rhythm in 5/4. Vocals follow the guitar with slurring intervals and both vocals and guitar in 4/4. I enjoy honing in on just the drums. During the 5/4 part, when he switches to the open hat and bass drummmmmmmmmmmmm. yeah.

Matt888
05-08-2006, 09:17 PM
So what is everyone's most euphoric Tool moment ever?[/QUOTE]

Standing in Knee deep mud at Easern Creek in 95 for the Alternative Nation Festival. Front and Centre with my 3 best mates seeing Tool for the first time.

Hands Down.

jsn
05-08-2006, 09:22 PM
transition from intermission to jimmy.

"you lied" you liiiiiiieeeeeeeeeddd!!

maynard's dick.

the end of "no quarter" is awesome too.

reflection11
05-08-2006, 10:10 PM
another one has to be the part around 8:14 in 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) where maynard sings "you are the light the way that they will only read about" along with the high and lows of the rhythm is fuckin incredible. the changes and matches of his voice with his other band members is perfection defined. and the part that follows only takes you higher...

rock on.

Elgyn
05-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Great thread, it may just send me on a Tool listening spree!

I'll try and add some which haven't been mentioned.

Vicarious - "Stare like a Junkie, into the TV, Stare like a zombie.." - Adam's guitar kicks in, and when Maynard sings Zombie, he adds some sweet backup vocals.

Again, in Vicarious - Just after "Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been", The last line of the bar before Maynard goes in to "We all feed...", when Adam goes to a few higher notes on the guitar. (The part I'm talking about is at around 6:20).

The Pot at about 4:12 (already mentioned).

Rosetta Stoned - "Can't remember what they said... to... me...."

Aside from that, pretty much everything has been covered.

Them Bones
05-09-2006, 04:02 PM
so many tool songs have them, my favorite would have to be at the end of pushit, but i havent seen any1 mention opiate, as in "we both want to rape youuuuu" that part creeps me out every time

moneyisevil
05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
way too many to posts

kyyuulle
05-09-2006, 05:36 PM
must
keep
reminding
myself
of
this

Goodwin
05-09-2006, 08:23 PM
STRAP DWON, MY BED
FEET COLD, EYES RED
IM OUT, MY HEAD
MY LIFE, IM DEAD
CANT REMEMEBER WHAT THEY SAID
GODDAMN, SHIT THE BED.

trickma
05-09-2006, 10:50 PM

Right on the money :D

eL dong
05-10-2006, 12:00 AM
before we pine away."

Mozeley
05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
I dont really know if it's been mentioned but the ending of Aenema is really bad ass. this is my faviorite part in the song.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
Mom please flush it all away.; from here on the backround bass and guitar are awesome;

Yep, thats my fave part of any Tool song ever

rembrandt_q_einstein
05-10-2006, 12:57 AM
dont if this has been posted or not but this is mine

"i was wrong...
this changes everything"

flood as a whole is my favorite TOOL moment

A.S.H
05-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Tool have plenty of those moments. It's what cathes your ear first and drags you deeper into their songs. Here are my favourite "euphoric" Tool moments

Swamp Song - The epic part where Maynard sings "Suffocate...Why don't you get out, while you can"
4 Degrees - The quiet section with Maynard singing "Take it all, take it all higher, 4 degree now"
Stinkfist - "I'll keep digging until i feel something"
46 & 2 - The climax where Adam does the harmonics and Maynard starts "see my shadow changing, stretching up and over me"
jimmy - "Where the hell have I being..."
Pushit - Adams guitar solo has a lot of moments, but none better than Maynards climax "I must pursuade you another way"
Aenima - "Cuz I'm praying for rain, I'm praying for tidal waves I want to see the ground give way" The video clip captures this moment perfectly
Third Eye - "Chasing a trail of smoke and reason"
The Grudge - Maynard yelling in harmony at 3:03 "Saturn ascends through one but 10" and again at 4:37 "Saturn comes back around, lifts you up like a child"
The Patient - The climax of the song betwen 6:12 and 6:32
Triad - 5:32 until the end of the song. Especially the keyboard line that follows and then replaces the guitars chords
Ticks and Leeches - "Suck me dry" after the quiet part
The Pot - "Weeping shades of indigo, trapped without a reason" my favourite part from 10,000 Days
Rosetta Stones - and of course "Overwhelmed as one would be..."

Each of these moments is what makes Tool one of the greatest guitar based bands in my opinion. It's a spiritual as music gets.

RosettaStoned
05-10-2006, 03:10 AM
HIIIIIIIIJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASomething kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?

HIIIIIIIIJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASlipping back into the gap again.
I'm alive when you're touching me,
Alive when you're shoving me down.

I like Maynard's HIIIIIIIIJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA's

ZeroPointEther
05-10-2006, 03:47 AM
satelites........driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiifting

Snakedragon
05-10-2006, 06:22 AM
The grudge- maynard's 30 second roar

Vecromatica
05-10-2006, 06:31 AM
The singing at the end of "Rosetta Stoned" sounds golden, if that makes sense. I visualize music, and I see gold when I hear that part. It's beautiful. I think that's what made the song for me, and it's possibly my favorite part on the album right now.

Loveboat Captain
05-10-2006, 07:12 AM
The singing at the end of "Rosetta Stoned" sounds golden, if that makes sense. I visualize music, and I see gold when I hear that part. It's beautiful. I think that's what made the song for me, and it's possibly my favorite part on the album right now.

There is an "illness" were people would literally see colours when they heard music. Composers would say to their orchestrea "make it a little more blue" and the musicians wouldn't have a clue what they were talking about.

Do you have that. I would say thats a pretty damn good gift.

HARDTOOL
05-10-2006, 09:56 AM
As the old Biology abb. goes, TNTC (too numerous to count).

Niall111
05-10-2006, 11:04 AM
the amount of times i've gotten goosebumps reading the posts in this thread is ridiculous. So many great moments, and even just silently singing those parts to myself.... amazing.

blaksun
05-10-2006, 11:16 AM
prying open my third eye.

Garguantua
05-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Like the original poster, I absolutely love that part in Rosetta Stoned. The way it builds and then Maynard's melody over that bluesy chord progression. The lyrics make it even better.

Other fave Tool bits include:

"...but for one...sweet, moment, I am whole" over the Prison Sex riff is so fucking amazing.

"...so glow, child, glow...I am heading back home."

"All you know about me is what I sold you, dumbfuck..." great lyric, great bass riff.

"The really heavy part of Schism just before the slow midsection where Justin is playing counterpoint to Adam's riff. Fucking gold, that one.

Geez...so many awesome moments.

Also:

"Shit adds up at the bottom"

quasiperiodica
05-11-2006, 10:16 AM
my most euphoric tool moment is when H. turns into that second set of chords. That and 46 & Two.

SonOF
05-11-2006, 03:05 PM
H. - "And as the walls come down/And as I look in your eyes/My fear begins to fade/Recalling all of the times I have died/And will die/I don't mind/I don't mind"

^^^ I'm a grown man, and that little verse almost brings me to tears, EVERY TIME.

Also (as mentioned):

"I'll...Keep...Digging..." -stinkfist

"To ascend you must die, you must be crucified, for our sins and our lies...GOODBYE." -eulogy

"I must keep reminding myself of this..." -The patient

"Shine on benevolent sun/son" -jambi

"Saturn comes back around..." - The Grudge

"Spiral out.." -Lateralus

"Eu--Phor---I---A---" -undertow

centaur
05-11-2006, 03:13 PM
1. the grudge (the whole rhythm section)
2. prying open my third eye
3. the whole 10kdays track
4. beginning of rosetta stoned
5. vocals of maynard at the beginning of pot

split_the_sky
05-12-2006, 04:52 AM

I do agree about the Lateralus part. Amazing.

You say he sounds emotional in Rossetta Stoned but he isn't actually singing emotional lyrics but then again remember that the character has learned something (or imagines he has) that he must share with the world that could save them all and he went and forgot it... Pretty emotional moment for him. What a burden lol.

Also for the list:

"Give away the stone, let the oceans take and trasmutate, this cold and fated anchor... Give away the stone, and let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold". - The Grudge

"Come down, get off your fucking cross...." - Eulogy

I also agree that the quiet interlude in Ticks and Leeches melts and soothes everyones soul and then brings everything crashing down like an epic tidal wave when the drums/distortion/vocals kick in again.

And last but not least... MY ULTIMATE, EPIC, TOOL MOMENT. I think Lateralus is overall a better album than Aenima but only because it's more evolved. I love all the songs from Aenima but theres one moment that makes the album for me:

Excuse these lyrics coz I believe I always thought it's mayhem but apparently it's rain so here goes:

"I'm praying for mayhem (or rain), I'm praying for tidal waves...". THat whole vocal section makes me cum in my shoe. And it only gets better with the "Don't just call me pessimist, try and read between the lines...".

IC
05-12-2006, 05:01 AM
"Overwhelmed as one would be..etc." Rosetta Stoned

"dead, in,SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE" I guess the last dead inside lyric in Bottom. Good god do i love that.

"Set as i am in my...etc." 10000days

"it will end no other way" pushit

"jesus christ why dont you come save my life" live versions of opiate where he goes all gosple like.

"I'm praying for or rain, I'm praying for tidal waves...". "Don't just call me pessimist, try and read between the lines..." <- yeah man. everything about it..something about the recording even. its so warm and UGH. love it.

Alistair_Carson
05-12-2006, 07:21 AM
"Don't wanna be an AMERICAN IDIOT"

"Wake me up when September ends"

Oh wait. Shit.

driverfred
05-12-2006, 08:41 AM
"if when i say i might fade like a sigh if i stay"
"i must keep reminding myself of this"..."and i still may"
"give me my, give me my, give me my wings"
"so good to see you once again"
"lier, lawer, mirror for ya whats the difference?"
reflection 7.56ish
"i dont mind"
"so shut up and buy..."
"watch you flush it all away..."
"sense of compasion............."

Intensi0n
05-12-2006, 10:03 AM
You're all forgetting:

"... I KNOW THE PIECES FIT! .. I KNOW THE PIECES FIT! .. I KNOW THE PIECES FIIIIIIIIIT!!"

And who could forget:

"PRY. ING. OP. EN. MY. THIRD. EYE!" ... (silence)

This whole song makes me high but these parts stand out...

"So alive... in this way... like an apparition you had me cryin' out --"

"And he looked right through me, with somniferous almond eyes, don't even know what that means, must remember to write it down..."

"But I forgot my pen..."

05-12-2006, 10:27 AM
I love all the parts you've all be posting plus some parts from the songs Undertow and 4 degrees. I was listening to the new tool while having my heart rate monitored at the hospital last weekend and found out that my heart rate actually drops really low (low 40's) when I hear the parts you've mentioned (in Rosetta Stoned and others). I figured it would make it go up, because those parts make me feel so much more alert but I guess those parts actually relax me. Weird.

I have experienced the same thing. Im not in a "trance" but im as close to it as I can get, I am totally engulfed in the music. My heartrate goes down too, its weird/badass. I love Tool.

jack_shit
05-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Take what is mine... The end of Flood is it.

ppurcelljr
05-12-2006, 11:04 AM
"Such a heavy burden now to BEEEEEEEEEEE the one!"

Oh my! Live show Friday the 19th.

bradpeterson
05-12-2006, 11:29 AM
"So glad to see you once again..." Third Eye.

Same here.

"I have missed you soo much...".

scorpioali
05-12-2006, 01:22 PM
HIIIIIIIIJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASomething kinda sad about
What became of subtlety?

HIIIIIIIIJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASlipping back into the gap again.
Alive when you're shoving me down.

I like Maynard's HIIIIIIIIJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA's

Dear God, yes.

I am also a fan of Third Eye when the bass kicks in around 2:11. So fucking sweet. Other than that, I agree with just about everyone in this thread about their special Tool moments.

OK_Lateralus
05-12-2006, 03:09 PM
"It's getting colder.....It's getting colder.....

.....locked in a place where no one.... GOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS"

Koan
05-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Most euphoric Tool moments?

The chorus of The Patient where the lines are being sung over a repeated 'I must keep reminding myself of this'.

In Aenima, from 'and I'm praying for rain...'

The last chorus of Vicarious.

The 'give me my, give me my, give me my own wings...' in 10,000 Days.

Parabola, the entire song.

LabRat404
05-12-2006, 06:09 PM
The entire Aenima album playing into my headphones as I linger between sleep and consciousness, in an extreme dilerium in which the album sounds like God speaking himself, experiencing a state of mind in which I feel I know everything there is to know, I know everything, every question I ever had is answered in that moment, and everything is good and perfect. I am eternal. The universe is loving and nothing could ever bring me down...Then I wake up...damnit

LabRat404
05-12-2006, 06:28 PM
To give specific moments:

Disposition. Great song to meditate to.

"I could have cried then.
I should have cried then."
Not exactly euphoric, but very touching.

"I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human."

"I'LL - KEEP -- DIGGING
TILL I - FEEL - SOMETHING"
not exactly eophoric, but it sets me off.

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illlusion" (at end of song)
only Adam's next riff could top this.
euphoric by definition.

vagina patterson
05-12-2006, 06:31 PM

before we pine away."

Damn dude, we think alike... totally agree

Dubya
05-12-2006, 06:51 PM
I almost cried when I heard the heavy part in Wings For Marie starting with:

Vacant, broken
Fell at the hands of this moment so that I wouldn't see
It was you who prayed for me so
What have I done
To be a son to an angel?
What have I done
To be worthy?

The till the end of the heavy section.

Koan
05-13-2006, 07:57 AM
This is what defines a great band. There are so many moments that lift you up in all of their songs.

Blanket_509
05-21-2006, 07:44 AM
"It's getting colder.....It's getting colder.....

.....locked in a place where no one.... GOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS"

ah yes, that would be in my top 3 if it were a Tool song. I'll make my #3*.

champion
05-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Pretty much every Tool song has waves of euphoria.

Boof
05-21-2006, 07:59 AM
I totally agree and got nothing to add here! These are, for me also, exactly the most beautiful and intense parts that always make me think: "Ohh yes, this is why I love TOOL!"

hah you guys have good taste:P those are exactly my favorite moments too... I almost always get shivers down my spine when i listen to those songs.

champion
05-21-2006, 08:00 AM
By the way, has anybody brought up the sweet riff from Adam and "shit. adds. up. shit. adds. up." in Bottom?

bluefire
05-21-2006, 08:17 AM
-adam's final guitar solo in 3rd eye
-the part towards the end of no quarter where it starts back up again after the song has seemingly ended
-the really heavy part in the grudge right after the final "let go"s where danny just goes apeshit
-adam's triple tracked solo at the end of bottom
-adam's solo at the end of h., where he goes nuts on the wah pedal
-adam's solos that cut through reflection's hypnotic beat
-adam's 4 degrees solo that seems to come out of nowhere
-mayard's "its time now, my time now" from wings for marie
-justin's whammy bass on "with my feet.." from lateralus

^hard to pick - one of those.

bitter_enigma
05-21-2006, 08:41 AM
"...before we piiiiiiiiine away... Deow-neow-neow...neow...deow..."

vexi
05-21-2006, 09:17 AM
The intro to reflection (especially the drums)

Slipping back into the gap again
alive when you're shoving me down

the guitar part right after 3:50 in intension - most beautiful moment of any tool song

the entirety of schism

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-21-2006, 11:25 AM
I know I started this thread about the lines in Rosetta Stoned and other Tool songs, and I know this isn't really Tool related, but I had to mention the "Gotta get away, clear away...", completely and wholy beautiful part in Orestes. Maynard is amazing. Thanks for all your insights.

whilst on the subject of APC i love Gravity "catch me, heal me, lift me back upto the sun.........I choose to live". get me every time

Jon08
05-21-2006, 02:27 PM

the ending of Third Eye starting with "so good to see you once again." all of 10,000 days. and from six minutes on in RS.

djp4516
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
prison sex - the first release in sodomy, for one sweet moment i am whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooole

the grudge - 3:00-5:00

lateralus - push the envelope, watch it bend + buiildup

YouSirAreAnIdiot
05-22-2006, 06:09 AM
Let go
let go
let go
let go

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-22-2006, 06:12 AM
"Celebrate this chance to be
Aliiiiive and Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeathing"

Elite
05-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Let go
let go
let go
let go

Yes.

tbrent21
05-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Euphoric moments. The truly special ones. Where you are transported to another dimension.

Undertow: Best abbreviated moment: "I HAVE FOUND some kind of temporary sanity in this..." in Prison Sex. Best extended moment: the whole end of Bottom after the spoken word part, climaxing with - "guilt keeps me alive at the bottom!!!" Perhaps a tie with the intro in Flood leading into where you can first hear Paul's bass line.

AEnima: Best abbreviated moment: Hard to beat "I'll keep digging!" Best extended moment: my favorite is when the intro in Eulogy finally ends and the wall of guitar sound erupts, along with the "So loooooong!"

Lateralus: Best abbreviated moment: I love the guitar riff in The Grudge during the "defining . . confining . . sinking deeper" part. I also like the second chorus in Parabola where Maynard kicks it up an octave. Best extended moment: NO F***ING CONTEST here, the whole end part of Lateralus, mindblowing. Cannot be put in words, so why try.

New album: Hard to say because I need this to sink in a few years of listening to really pick favorite parts. But right now, and this will probably all change tomorrow, but I'm thinking Rosetta Stoned all the way. The "Overwhelmed as one would be . . . . I forgot my pen, shit the bed again, typical" climactic segment is glorious.

Sorry to leave out Opiate, I love that album but I don't think of it in terms of euphoric moments.

Lazman1010
05-23-2006, 07:36 PM
I dont think that it is humanly possible to name the most euphoric tool moment. In my humble opinion every moment is euphoric. The best thing about Tool is that they dont have moments, they have albums. And every minute and second is absolutely amazing.

FortySix&Two
05-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey man, thanks for this thread. I just relived why I love Tool so much.

Agreed.

And I pretty much agree with all that have been listed so far (except the guy that put rosetta's climax at number 4 ;))

Damn TOOL fucking rocks.

Shaz
05-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Dont know if anyone listed this, i read most opinions and agree with em, but for me, at a live show... if i hear the heavy breathing before aenima...

... i jizz like a ninja high on wasabi coke.

peace.

pjfan
05-31-2006, 06:29 AM
i couldn't agree more with this thread and made a similar thread actually wishing for more. i guess if i got my wish it wouldn't have the effect it does. "such a heavy burden to be the one......"

æmoeba•°·.
05-31-2006, 10:33 AM
every Tool song is brilliant in its own way, so i would agree with you on best Tool moment evr on every song...

The_Flood
05-31-2006, 02:17 PM
"You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I have come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now!
My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings!"

Give me my wings!

You are the light and way, that they will only read about."

lemonlateralus
05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Oh man...well there are just so many spine-chillingly euphoric moments.
I'll have to have another listen tonight and write tomorrow in full...However,
Opiate="Fuck you..."
Undertow="I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this..."
Aenima=Solo to Third Eye/Aenima finale
Lateralus=Whole of "Lateralus" and ending (including 30sec scream) of "The Grudge"
10,000 Days=All of "Wings/10,000 Days" and "Overwhelmed as one would be..."

Till tomorrow...(",)

dean
05-31-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm very suprised that other people identify with that certain part of rosetta stoned......I know it is my favorite few instances of 10,000 days. There really is something very tangible about the song and the feelings, thoughts, and emotions associated with being the "chosen one."

Lily17
06-07-2006, 01:35 PM
must
keep
reminding
myself
of
this

I agree. The whole ending to The Patient when he's singing the two parts together. Beautiful.

tooltomus
06-07-2006, 03:00 PM
I liked Tool a lot after Undertow, but when I heard Eulogy and Pushit, (especially the parts we are talking about here) I was absolutely HOOKED forever after. Now that's what a euphoric moment is!

abrack29
06-07-2006, 03:41 PM
The only thing I can think of that hasn't been posted yet is the extra part of Prison Sex (O.R.T.M) live...

"Thought I could make it end
Thought I could wash the stains away
Thought I could break the circle if I
Slipped right into your skin
So sweet was your surrender
We have become one
I have become my terror
And you my precious lamb and martyr."

Other than that, I have a certain *moment* in at least half of tool's songs, maybe more. Although some are stronger than other's, it feels like a crime to leave one out, so I'll save you the trouble of reading more and me the trouble of typing and just say... there are a lot more.

4thman
06-08-2006, 01:02 AM
There was a moment during the Lateralus tour when they did a show in Brisbane. They played Stinkfist and around the middle where Adam does his "solo", Maynard just started singing White Lines. It fit so fucking well that you could almost swear it was part of Stinkfist. Beautiful stuff!!

TheTemperamentalGoat
06-08-2006, 02:09 AM
I love how this moment in Rosetta Stoned sounds so epic, like some of the other grand closing sections in Tool songs when all the tension is released and you just get lifted up by these soaring riffs and vocals, but then he sings "shit the bed again, typical..." and it goes right back into immediate tension and danger. It suits the ideas of the song beautifully, a great example of songwriting and song structure furthering an artistic idea. I find the moment humorous, but more powerful because of it.

37toolband
06-08-2006, 05:21 AM
H.

and the snake is drowned
and as i look in his eyes
my fear begins to fade
recalling all of those times
i coud have cried then
i should have cried then
and as the walls come down...

all the way to the end. amazing.

RS

overwhelmed as one would be...

schism

cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion...
to the end. its how i became a tool fan actually.

lateralus

the beginning build up into the jam
feel the rhythm...
with my feet across the ground...

the patient

i must keep reminding myself...

10,000 days

you're the only one who can hold your head up high, shake ur fists at the gates...
the "judith marie unconditonal" verse
its time now, my time now. give me my, give me my wingssss

vicarious

starting w/ "credulous at best your desire to believe in, angels in the hearts of men"
especially "VI CARI OUS LY IIIIIIIIII"

pushit (live)

hands across my back again... THERES NO LOVE IN FEAR

GreenBudsGreenTea
06-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow .......Some of my goose bump moments :

A) 46 and 2 towards the end with the crazy guitar solo into :

See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

B) Hooker -

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass
dirty
Dollar
So...Shut up and
Buy my new record
Send more money
Fuck you, buddy.

C) 4 Degrees :

If you knock me down I'll come back running,
I'll knock you down,
it won't be long now

D) Parabola :

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion.

E) Reflection - All of it !!!

F) Lateralus -

I embrace my desire to
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going

G) Jambi -

Silence Legion save your poison
Silence Legion just stay out of my way

H) 10k days -
You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
"I have come home now!
It's time now!
My time now!

Give me my wings!

You are the light and way, that they will only read about.

Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance,
You were the witness, my eyes, my evidence,
Judith Marie, unconditional one.

OK....I will stop now before I list almost everything

flip.sanchez
06-09-2006, 08:29 PM
I dont think that it is humanly possible to name the most euphoric tool moment. In my humble opinion every moment is euphoric. The best thing about Tool is that they dont have moments, they have albums. And every minute and second is absolutely amazing.

right on.

tool/rush/mars
06-09-2006, 08:51 PM
My TOP Tool moment is definitely the extended bit they've added into Stinkfist live in the past, (the part that would lead in to the "I'll, keep, digging..."). I used to wish for a studio version of it but then realized that part of why I loved it SO MUCH (besides that fact that it's just awesome) was because I didn't get to hear it whenever I wanted to (I'm not much of a bootleg listener). It was a special treat that meant, yeah, here you are again, at a Tool show. I was a bit crestfallen when they didn't play it that way last night in Oakland as it's been a long time since they played the standard album version at a show that I've been at.

The Rosetta Stoned moment in question is DEFINITELY up there as well. I love that part.

i absolutely agree with the sentiments expressed in this post.

Extended stinkfist live = best toolgasm

fallor
06-11-2006, 05:10 PM
I like the more subtle moments, I guess...
"Standing above the crowd, he had a voice so strong and loud and I swallowed his façade cuz I'm so eager to identify" The way he sings 'identify'

absolutpepper
06-15-2006, 06:11 AM
one of the most euphoric moments for me is the way parabol fades into parabola and it just explodes. Some really good stereo and headphones and a darkened room and a beer and that is just something amazing. I think the whole production on lateralus is phenominal and it makes the whole album euphoric.

duncang
06-15-2006, 06:13 AM
The pre-final chorus of Vicarious, when Maynard sings it higher.

madcrabs
06-15-2006, 09:38 AM
I agree with most of these. I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet; One of my favorite parts is in jimmy when he screams "Under a dead Ohio Sky, Eleven has been and will be waiting."

bluebird_john
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM

Cuz I'm praying for rain

This is my favourite moment.....
Saw them last week at the download festival (where they headlined)
the music broke down and maynard came in with the lines above, all mellow. the lights shone on the crowd. everyone swayed, and there was a tear in my eye.

another highlight live is at the end of lateralus where maynard sings spiral out, keep going over and over again at the end

mr. nikki jensen
06-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Slipping back into the gap again
alive when you're shoving me down

the guitar part right after 3:50 in intension - most beautiful moment of any tool song

agree, especially the Intension Guitar, so F@#kin atmospheric and beautiful
the riff itself is nothing special, just the atmospheric tone. gives me goosebumbs

Friamannen
06-18-2006, 09:02 AM
The Grudge:
"Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity.
Calculate what you will or will not tolerate.
Desperate to control all and everything.
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.
Wear the grudge like a crown.
Desperate to control.
Unable to forgive. And sinking deeper."
Sung in small prods (correct word?), therefore distinguishing itself from the other refrains.

And of course, the 23s scream and the "Let go"s in the end of the song. I get goosebumps when hell breaks loose after MJK's last Let go.

H.
"And as the walls come down, and as I look in your eyes
my fear begins to fade, recalling all of the times I have died, and will die.
It's all right. I don't mind."

This part rocks, it's one of my absolute favorite segments. MJK sings a little differently in this part.

The Patient
I certainly would have walked away, by now. (music fades into silence)
And I still may, I still may.
Be Patient.

Ticks & Leeches
The repeated SUCK ME DRY-screams after the softer part. MJK on a rage :) Also the rolling drums and guitars after his last "suck me dry" totally kicks ass.

Peaceful Moments
06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Right in Two guitar solo 'til the end.

Disp/Relf/Tri, pure beauty.

Ending of Lateralus.

The Patient.

Flood: "Cleanse and purge me in the water!!!!"

Ending of Third Eye.

Jambi: Damn my eyes if they should compromise 'til guitarsolo, love that part.

Ending scream of The Pot.

RS: High eye/ incredible percussion part/"Overwhelmed as one would be..."

...Oh God, I could go one forever.

WOW11
06-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Wings and Third Eye take me on the most beautiful and amazing music experience one could hope for!!

HelenA
06-24-2006, 02:29 AM

Yes - they really really are - a weird moment of honesty (in what can be the surreal intellectual journey of this forum).

We just HAVE to remember that Tool are just awesome and that the reason we all spend so much time thinking/talking/posting/lurking about them is because they are SO good.

I just remain ... grateful. Truly grateful.

flyingsoot
06-25-2006, 06:13 AM
The part in Eulogy where maynard says: "would you die for me? Don't you fucken LIE!" Always gives chills down my spine... damn those tool boys can do anythin!

systematicdecline
06-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Right in Two, when maynard sayis "RIGHT IN TWOOOOOOOO...right in two"
and on Flood
when he says " i was wrong, this changes everything"
Lateralus- "we may just go where no one's been"
and the little electronic beat in intension
OH YEAH...probably one of the most "euphoric" moments ever was when i heard the change in the bass line on 10,000 days. HOLY SHIT. amazing.

Boof
06-28-2006, 08:04 AM
I havent really got any euphoric moment listening to this song. I mean, I dont get chills down my spine and that like I get while listening to disposition, third eye and some other songs. To me the lyrics are real important and the lyrics in this one just arent "deep" enough. Sure its well written and funny as hell... but the chills aint coming.
I just laugh out loud everytime I listen to it.

sobriquet
07-02-2006, 12:37 PM
I agree about the "Overwhelmed..." bit, definately a highlight of 10,000 Days. It's like a big release that brings the whole song together. Awesome.

The crossover from Parabol to Parabola always gets the hairs on the back of my neck going, and is probably my favourite moment on any Tool album.

littlejason
07-03-2006, 03:17 PM
way to many to post so i'll just stick with where we started, for me it goes from "Overwhelmed as one would be..." all the way through until "...God Damn, Shit the bed."

eulogy508
07-03-2006, 04:05 PM
I like the "Overwhelmed as..." part, but it feels a bit forced and bland compared to some of their truly 'euphoric' moments in the past.
I'd choose the climax of Lateralus, or maybe the climax of Pushit (live or regular). A lot of good climaxes to choose from.

asdf25
07-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Damn you people. After reading this thread I couldn't help but spend 5 hours listening to practically everything Tool has made. And I know this has been said at least 5 times already, but the end of The Patient is the most mind-blowingly amazing section of any song ever. With the possible exception of "So let the light touch you...".

1350 Days
07-08-2006, 11:03 AM
For me:
Undertow:
"I'm back down...in, the undertow"...(and so on)

Aenema:
The end part, after the legato section.

Rosetta Stoned:
"Overwhelmed as one may be..."

Third Eye
The end part of the Aenima version.

Lateralus:
The whole thing

Ticks and Leeches:
Everything after the slow section.

Ahhh...Loveboat Captain, I think you are thinking of Synesthesia. It's not that common, and..yes I have it too. Pretty fun stuff, actually..

Lady Khaibit
07-08-2006, 08:27 PM
".....If there were no rewards to reap, no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path I've chosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now and I still may and I still may......"

"My warning meant nothing you're dancing in quick sand..."

" You believe me don't you, please believe what I just said......"

" How can this mean anything to me, if I can not feel a thing at all? I'll keep digging till I feel something...."

These are the ones I'm connecting with at this moment.... tomorrow is another story.

smeefsmeef
07-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Good-BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE

and no eggs
07-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Good-BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE

i defy anyone to find a better scream/yell in the history of recorded music....

because somebody will probably disagree and say 'the grudge' i think the scream in eulogy is better because of the note he hits and the sustain of that perfect note. damn.

undertoes
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
good thread, i agree with most points

10,000Wings
07-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Such a tough time deciding.... I think every Tool song means something different to me, and each one truly touches me in a unique way.

As far as most euphoric I have to go with Push It. There's something about those lyrics that just send me into another deminsion.

"I will choke until I swallow
choke this infant here before me
What are you but my reflection
who am i to judge or strike you down"

(self(other
08-03-2006, 02:11 PM
I'l go with most euphoric moment from each album...

Opiate:

Opiate- the second "jesus christ why dont you..." through "let me lay my holy hand upon you"

Undertow:

gee either Prison Sex- "i have found! some kind of sanity.." or Flood- "diiiieeee ??" through "ground breaks down..."

Aenima:

Jimmy- from the first "hold your light..." to the end of the song

Lateralus:

i could definatly agree with the end of patient, and reflection's "and as i pull my head out..." but the first thing that captured me in this album and to this day strikes me different than anything else Schism- "cold silence has..." through "between supposed lovers.."

10,000 Days:

im going with the thread starter... Roseta Stone is nuts, and that part is something holy

this is like having a few dozen kids and having to decide who lives

BlanketEffect
08-03-2006, 09:57 PM
With the possible exception of The Grudge, every song on Lateralus has spots that will make my eyes tear up. Depends on my mood but the common ones are

The entire ending sequence of The Patient

"Cold silence has....lovers/brothers"

Crossover from Parabol to Parabola

"Alive, I" and "Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing'

All of Ticks and Leeches after the slow part begins. Especially Justin's contribution.

"I embrace my... be a human" and the overall hemiola/polyrhythm thing going on there.

"So crucify the ego before it's far too late and leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical - and you will come to find that We are all one mind capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable So let the light touch you, so let the words spill through and let them pass right through bringing out our hope and reason'

And especially the very last 'before we pine away'

On 10K Days there are a couple thusfar

Wings 2 has it clinched with the way he sings 'Judith Marie' - those two words cause that whole stanza to explode. There's a *lot* of energy in the delivery.

Rosetta Stoned - "Got me seeing E-motherfucking-T" because I know how terrifying an experience like that can be. There's a desperation in his delivery. It's not just to be a clever sounding rhyme. The empathy I feel for the character at that point is enough to give me a chill.

Rosetta Stoned - The 'Overwhelmed..." part but at least as much for the guitar if not more for the guitar. From the last notes of the solo through the end of the climax Adam's guitar just builds and builds and builds... it's perfect.

t3h_Enemy
08-04-2006, 05:52 AM
The "Overwhelmed as one would be..." thru "but I forgot my pen" part in Rosetta Stoned,
the opening riffs in Flood, and probably the entire Jimmy.

Lysanderdarkstar
08-04-2006, 07:34 AM
The end of the stinkfist video from where the dust and grim are gone and you see him sitting at the table with the girl/thing rubbing against him to the end. that moment has made me watch the video SOOOO many times....i know it's the video but it's still a euphoric tool moment right?

Oh yea i almost forgot...
The part in the patient at the end
"I must keep reminding my self of this"

Every time his voice swells up Stink fist
"ahh-----I can help you change tired moments into pleasure "
^^^^^
RIGHT THERE...

the end of pushit
"There's no love in fear." To the end...
The begining of pushit II
when MJK greets the crowd...(it's just ... i dunno perfect)

There are more but i'm supposed to be getting ready for work :S

Lysanderdarkstar
08-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Oh and all of reflection

Thirdeye11
08-05-2006, 10:00 PM
The solo in ThirdEye between Adam/Danny/Justin from 11:51 to 12:17. I always tell everyone that's the most powerful 30 seconds I have yet to hear in any song.

Skull Island
08-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Hi. Long time reader, first time poster. I'm sure it's already been said, but i'm of the opinion that opiate isn't generally an album of 'euphoric' moments although there are plenty of gutsy exerpts that i can think of: the 'jesus christ why don't you come save my life' and 'i should play god and just shoot you myseeeeelf'. come to think of it, all the tracks on opiate with the exception of lotus have some pretty powerful bits.

But as for the other albums a few of my personal favourites that haven't already been compiled on this impressive list would be:

flood- 'this ground is not the rock i thought it to beeee'.

46+2- 'my shadow. Shedding skin. I've been pickin, my scabs again' (with the unison duh. duh. duh. duh.)

thrid eye- after the extended silence and scratching etc when the music builds and comes in with 'sooo glad to seee you iiii've missed you sooo much'

no quarter- the vocal ad lib bit early in the song is one that always gets my motor runnin (i'd just like to point out that while maynard has copied this ad lib almost completely from plants, the power behind maynards voice blows my mind and makes it much more effective. I guess this is generally true for the whole song).

also in the pot where just bass and vocals come in at 'steal, borrow, reefer save your shady inference' then when the crunchy-as-all-hell guitar comes in at 'kangaroo done hung the juror with the innocent'..... awesome :)

looking forward to a tour down here if ever one eventually comes.

cosmo
08-06-2006, 04:33 AM
the way intension leads into right in two,in fact these 2 songs together is fast becoming my favourite piece of tool music ever,blows me away every time.everything is perfect from the lyrics to maynards singing and dont get me started on the drumming.really hope they they play this in dublin in november,tickets should be here any day now

opiate-mark
08-06-2006, 06:21 AM

u hit it right on the head bro

without judgement
08-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Wander in and wandering. No one even invited you in. But still you stumble in stumbling. So suffocate or get out while you can. No one told you to come. I hope it sucks you down.

DeepDepth
08-06-2006, 07:26 AM

Cuz I'm praying for rain

Agreed, this part is incredible. Third Eye is also instense...they've all already been listed

DON IOTAE
08-06-2006, 07:35 AM

Right now, I can think of

"shoot it,
kick it,
fuck it,
shoot you in your fuckin HEAD!".

oh yea

christjohn
08-06-2006, 07:44 AM
"BUY BU-UY BUY
MYYYYY NEW RECORD
BUY BU-UY BUY
SEND MORE MONEY

FUUUUUUUCK YOU BUDDY!"

DON IOTAE
08-06-2006, 08:09 AM
wasnt it Reagan?

ruby
08-06-2006, 08:33 AM
The Patient:

" I must keep reminding myself of this.

And if there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may."

Schism:

"Between supposed lovers/brothers"

+ The new instrumental middle-part played on '06 tour. Amazing!

Reflection:

"And you will come to find that we are all one mind
before we pine away."

The Grudge:

"Give away the stone.
Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold."

Stinkfist:

"Something kinda sad about
What became of subtlety?

How can it mean anything to me
If I really don't feel anything at all?"

H:

"Without the skin,
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears
The walls came down.

And the snake is drowned and
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of those times.

I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.

And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind."

Forty-six & 2:

"See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me."

Third Eye:

Prison Sex:

"I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this
shit blood and cum on my hands."

Opiate:

"My God's will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you."

Lateralus:

"I embrace my desire to
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human."

and..

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going, going..."

Disposition:

The whole thing.

10,000 days:

"You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
"I have come home now!
It's time now!
My time now!

Rosetta Stoned:

"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and read you all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see."

Intension:

"Pure as we begin" ... cue guitar.

Right in Two:

"Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over your lie, over blood, over anything
Fight over love, over sun, over nothing
Fight till they die,
(Ahhh!) over what? for their ending"

A lot of people complain about the 10,000 days album, personally the only thing I think leaves something to be desired is the ending. Right in Two has some good parts, but there should be more after this! If they had just made one more Rosetta Stoned-esque song with a cool repetive structure, just building it up into psychedelic euphoria.. Because this band are masters at doing just this. :)

DON IOTAE
08-06-2006, 09:35 AM
^ wow

BlanketEffect
08-06-2006, 09:48 AM
^ wow

Yeah... I'm like... yeah...

DON IOTAE
08-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeah, no, that was a great summary of the best parts of each song...

I found myself smiling while reading it...

cheers ruby

BlanketEffect
08-06-2006, 10:01 AM
^^ Honestly, I got the chills/tingles/lost breath when I read each part of the post and conjured up the song in my head.

They're good examples, to be sure.

Big Rig
08-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Alive I

DON IOTAE
08-06-2006, 01:11 PM
^ I always thought (and still do) that it's just "Alive"

actually just ignore me, please.

Tintenfisch
08-06-2006, 05:13 PM
The section of discussion in Rosetta Stoned...Christ, man. It's orgasmic, for lack of a better word. The first time I heard it I nearly fell out of my chair. And it has armrests and all that.

DeepDepth
08-07-2006, 04:35 AM
Setting sun can't shine, now you're gone
Inside sleeping, my heart beating
You know that you tried to hide it
Couldn't you have said what you meant? Oh...

Time heals, time congeals around us
Endless hours of wasted moments
Understanding, not demanding
Your eyes tell what you feel inside

Setting sun can't shine, now you're gone
Inside sleeping, my heart beating
You know that you tried to hide it
Shouldn't you have said what you meant?

YOU LIIIIEEEED!!!!!!!

FTW

DON IOTAE
08-07-2006, 05:15 AM
The section of discussion in Rosetta Stoned...Christ, man. It's orgasmic, for lack of a better word. The first time I heard it I nearly fell out of my chair. And it has armrests and all that.
Please reread the first post.

Thank you.

finnegans wake
08-07-2006, 05:10 PM
there's a couple:

How can it mean anything to me
If I really don't feel anything at all? - Stinkfist (brings back beautiful memories of sitting around in my friends room, with some beers and a bong and listening to this album.)

on pushit after maynard sings "never want to see that place again" and adam comes in with some light harmonics (?) - incredibly beautiful

Give away the stone.
Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go. - the grudge (powerfully euphoric)

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the broken
Shine on 'til the two become one

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the severed
Shine on 'til the two become one - jambi (damn your incredible voice maynard!)

Tintenfisch
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Please reread the first post.

Thank you.

*Rereads*

Yes. Most euphoric moment. That part of Rosetta Stoned was it. Anything else?

DON IOTAE
08-08-2006, 06:09 AM
^ nah, nah, you misunderstand me, d00d.

the question is: would it be "on topic" on this thread to speak of your most euphoric Tool moment ever, even if it is not on Rosetta Stoned? I think the answer to the question is yes. Why? Please reread the first post.

Personally, I wouldn't like to dismiss ruby's last post here as "out of topic".

reflection11
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow, never thought my thread would take off like it has. Thank you all for your posts, as I have read them all and can't count how many times I've gotten goosebumps. I would just like to add another one of these moments that I recently have grown to love:

"What are they gonna do when the river has overrun, other than tremble incessantly"

The combined instrumental effort accompanying Maynard's "tremble incessantly" vocal part is magical. Never before have I heard instruments and vocals be in such a musical equilibrium. IMO, while very short compared to others, this moment portrays the vulnerability of the lyric and song in the best way imaginable.

DON IOTAE
08-09-2006, 08:28 AM
^ see Tintenfisch? Even the original poster is quoting other songs! I expect a reply from you...

*crosses legs and taps foot on floor*

DON IOTAE
08-09-2006, 09:31 AM
^ o_O

BlanketEffect
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
I do believe we have quoted evry lyric Tool has ever written! LMFAO!!!

That's because everything they write is goddamn euphoria-inducing!

DON IOTAE
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
^ yeah!

grady
08-10-2006, 05:14 AM

before we pine away."

Exactly! There's a couple others, but those four aree def what I would have said!

PlumpTiger
08-10-2006, 06:24 AM
"I'm praying for rain and I'm praying for tidal waves.."

reminds me of the calm before the storm

ktdude
08-10-2006, 06:42 AM
I haven't read this thread before and I just read it from start to finish. Gave me goosebumps, lump in my throat, the works. How the fuck can just thinking about Tool do that to you. It's amazing. All these parts are incredible, I'm not even going to single one out. Fucking awesome like.

eleventh minute
08-12-2006, 12:38 PM
alright, mostly repeats of what have been said.

try starting from the beginning

"all i know, all i believe...are crumbling images..."

"life feeds on life...."

"i have found some kind of temporary sanity"

the last verse in 42 and 2

"you claimed all this time, that you would die for me. ...to nail up the next full martyr"

"with out the skin, beneath the storm....I dont mind"

"all you read....fatass dirty dollar"

"under a dead ohio sky....awake and heading home"

"But i'd trade it all, for just a little peace of mind"

"cuz im prayin for rain,.....flush it all away"

all of "pushit" live

"give away the stone....let go"

"i still may *sigh*...i still may ....(all the way through) I must keep reminding my self of this:

"i embrace my desire .....keep going"

"leave behind this place....before we pine away"

"if i could id wish it all away, if i thought tomorrow, they'd take you away"

"you are the only one who can hold your head up high....give me my wings"

**"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and read you all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see.

But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical."**

"Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over your lie, over blood, over anything
Fight over love, over sun, over nothing
Fight till they die,
(Ahhh!) over what? for their ending"

eulogy508
08-12-2006, 12:41 PM
GOD DAMN SHIT THE BED

Gives me goosebumps every time...

HelenA
08-13-2006, 12:25 AM
You know, if you are the sort of person who periodically changes their msn name to great song quotes then THIS is the place to come!

BlanketEffect
08-14-2006, 09:34 PM
no - shit !