PDA

View Full Version : Best song

addy_gwith
05-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I think that this is easily the best song on the CD. I like em all but this one definitely sticks out for me. One of the better Tool songs I've heard.

oogabooga
05-05-2006, 11:10 PM
I appreciate your opinion.

However, the "best" song depends on the mood and state of mind you're in at the time of listening.

Jon08
05-06-2006, 08:29 AM
no it isn't. better than 10000 days? rosetta stoned? right in two? no

Steventh
05-06-2006, 08:30 AM
I think The Pot is actually one of the weaker songs on the album. It's good, but not the best.

smeefsmeef
05-06-2006, 08:56 AM
I don't think it's the best song, but it's definately Nard's most impressive vocal performance to date, imo.

Drozz
05-06-2006, 06:29 PM
no it isn't. better than 10000 days? rosetta stoned? right in two? no

o·pin·ion
Pronunciation Key (-pnyn)
n.

1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
4. The prevailing view: public opinion.
5. Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

AlltheteainChina
05-06-2006, 08:12 PM
I too like (the) pot.

Psilo
05-07-2006, 12:17 AM
I wouldnt call it the best, but it definitely is 'one' of my favorites

TurdEye13
05-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Not the best IMO, but up there. The best for me personally, would have to be either "Wings For Marie (Pt 1)"/"10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)" or "Rosetta Stoned"........possibly even "Right in Two."

Amethyst Believer
05-08-2006, 04:41 AM
I LOVE this song. Not as deep as some of the rest of the album, but fantastic.

The rhythm and feel of "you must have been high" and the last line of each verse ("with the innocent", "ask the government") are spot on.

Some of the tightest work between Justin and Adam as well, in my opinion.

I just LOVE this song!

sandmac69
05-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Though I have yet to decide which is my favorite song, I find this one really stands out. In a simple word, I think this song is "Neat!!!" (exclaimed overzealously with a child-like tone). I have never heard Maynard sing like this before (at least with Tool anyways... I don't follow APC as closely). The style is really different. I find it almost sounds like they got a guest vocalist from some other band. But, you can still tell it's MJK (if that makes any sense). I just have to say "Bravo!!!" for the successful paradigm shift.

4degrees_under_fire
05-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Though I have yet to decide which is my favorite song, I find this one really stands out. In a simple word, I think this song is "Neat!!!" (exclaimed overzealously with a child-like tone). I have never heard Maynard sing like this before (at least with Tool anyways... I don't follow APC as closely). The style is really different. I find it almost sounds like they got a guest vocalist from some other band. But, you can still tell it's MJK (if that makes any sense). I just have to say "Bravo!!!" for the successful paradigm shift.

I must agree with initially thinking it wasn't MJK singing The Pot. I've never heard him go quite that high at the beginning of a song before, so it had me momentarily confused. I think the only reason I realized it was MJK was because of the thought, 'Wait... They've never used a guest vocalist before. Why would they suddenly start with that now?' Ruling out that possibility, and hearing the rest of the song, it's kinda hard to miss that, as usual, it's 'just' Tool. IMO, I would be quite surprised if the did bring in a guest singer for one of their songs.

Systolic
05-08-2006, 06:58 AM
I love The Pot. Its my favorite in subject matter, in style, in technical skill, and in manifestation of songwriting ability. It really seems like Tool just had fun with this one.

Shomino
05-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Yes, definitely my favorite song on the new album. I love the rhythm, every time I hear this song I can't help but start head banging (I know, old skool but that's me).

Maynard's vocals are extremely inventive, and like nothing I've heard from him before. Love the lyrics, their double (and possibly triple) meanings.

The entire band just grooves on this song in a rock and roll fashion, I dig it.

savelints8
05-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey! No one here mentioned the awesome bass line at the beginning. I nearly choked on my Mountain Dew when I heard it for the first time.

Dashel
05-09-2006, 04:42 PM
^werd

bradpeterson
05-09-2006, 07:54 PM
+1