PDA

View Full Version : Ascension -- Evolution -- Spirituality

IntendtoAscend
04-01-2003, 01:16 AM
The common theme running through Tool's art is Spirituality. I feel that Lateralus is the first time Tool, and indeed anyone has created what may be a "concept album" (to pigeonhole things slightly) based around the concept of Ascension. This is the idea that human evolution is coming to its conclusion, or at least its next step, and people are stepping up to the next level (46&2, the fifth dimension).

For me, Tool have synchronistically appeared in my life many times, and given me many answers and even more questions to contemplate. Their music has opened so many doors for me, and helped me to find a new way of living and thinking about existence, love and life, sprialling down a beautiful belief tunnel which is everchanging but always challenging, and something which is more beautiful than I could ever imagine.

Thankyou.
You were my alarm clock.
Set to 11:11.

stillclover
04-02-2003, 08:44 AM
the fifth dimension would be 50&2. 46&2 would be the third. theres much more to come.
i believe native american spirituality says that we are coming into our fifth creation, but im not entirely sure.
either way it is infinitely interesting and im glad to be here at this time in our evolution.
{tool is the reason i began to research in the first place}

IntendtoAscend
04-03-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by stillclover
the fifth dimension would be 50&2. 46&2 would be the third. theres much more to come.

Not to be pendantic, but the third dimension is the space we exist in. We are already there. The fourth dimension is time, thus hypothitecally the next step will be the firfth dimension.

dawn
04-03-2003, 12:22 AM
46&2 is just ahead of us...the land of the 4D...it's here..."can you see what I see?"...

stillclover
04-03-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by IntendtoAscend
Not to be pendantic, but the third dimension is the space we exist in. We are already there. The fourth dimension is time, thus hypothitecally the next step will be the firfth dimension.
46&2 and the three dimensional space that we exist in are quite different concepts. while im sure space and time will be affected, it is not the same. i must admit though, that your thoughts are interesting. since space and time create the those of the four dimensions, what then is the fifth quality?

IntendtoAscend
04-03-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by stillclover
46&2 and the three dimensional space that we exist in are quite different concepts. while im sure space and time will be affected, it is not the same. i must admit though, that your thoughts are interesting. since space and time create the those of the four dimensions, what then is the fifth quality?

Thats a very good question. For a hypothesis of what fifth-dimensional reality may be like, I would suggest reading James Redfields "Celestine Prophecy" series, in particular "The Tenth Insight", where Redfield gives his ideas of what the 5th dimensional "afterlife" reality may be like.

paraflux
04-09-2003, 07:33 AM
As much as I respect Redfield for what he has done, I think he may have dumbed it down a bit. Also, people can have different definitions of the dimensions and their qualities. What works best for me is that we live in the third dimension. We move through time, yes, but not the way we could, if we were immersed in the fourth dimension. I do perceive the next step to be into this fourth dimension, 46&2, heaven, shangri-la, whatever you wish to call it. For more insight like this I suggest Bob Frissel's famous book, "Nothing in this book is true..."

This is not the first concept album built on ascension. AEnema was actually built on ascension, although the aspect was more of a setting the stage, answering the question "what" and "how." Lateralus is more of a "why" to ascend in the first place. Showing by example what happens when the gap is traversed and ascension is now. There are others, too, I'm working on understanding the Fragile by NIN, I know that certain songs (i.e. The Great Below) are songs about ascension. Transistor by 311 is an album that explains what we are and how we can acheive happiness through unity and positivity. And I also feel Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is the same way.

George Bush Sr.
04-09-2003, 09:12 AM
What is 46&2 getting at?

It's actually 46 chromosomes and a X or a Y. That's what the 2 is about. Not nessarily 48 chromosomes. It's 46 and a X or a Y. Which would be 47. With 48, the other two Y's would be a horrible mutation. And it would not be 2 Y's. It would be bordering on hermaphrodite. hahaha...haha...drunken laughter.

Tool - Salival webcast

IntendtoAscend
04-09-2003, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by paraflux
[B]As much as I respect Redfield for what he has done, I think he may have dumbed it down a bit. Also, people can have different definitions of the dimensions and their qualities. What works best for me is that we live in the third dimension. We move through time, yes, but not the way we could, if we were immersed in the fourth dimension. I do perceive the next step to be into this fourth dimension, 46&2, heaven, shangri-la, whatever you wish to call it. For more insight like this I suggest Bob Frissel's famous book, "Nothing in this book is true..."

I definately agree that Redfield was perhaps too linear with his writing, presenting things more as "this is the way things are", rather than "this is a possibility of how things may be". Bob Frissels books are excellent.

Other writers i would recommend:

*Carlos Castenada's mind-bending halluconogenic journeys
*Neale Donald Walsch's Conversations with God series
*Hanneke Jennings Conversations with the Ascended Masters

Other bands which have themes of ascension:
*System of a Down ("Science", "Arials")

Please reccomend any other writers or musicians that may be of interest

:-)

paraflux
04-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Brad.

Brad is a band composed of members of Satchel, Pigoenhed, and Stone Gossard from Pearl Jam. The highlight of this band is the vocalist, Shawn Smith. I got to finally meet him late last year when Brad came to Houston. Very positive and spiritual stuff. Their first record, Shame, is just dope. They use drum loops in interesting ways, and when shawn opens his mouth, shit comes out and it is automatically music. Crazy how much he has gone unnoticed except for his cultish following.

www.bradcorporation.com

George Bush Sr.
04-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Writers

Ken Wilber
Terence McKenna
Aleister Crowley
Ram Dass
P.D. Ouspensky
The book "Dropping Ashes on the Buddha"
Peter Lamborn Wilson
Avi Da
Gurdjeif
Timothy Leary
Aldous Huxley
Israel Regardie
Lao Tzu

Artists

Robert Venosa
Mati Klarwein
Alex Grey
De Es Schwertberger
Ernst Fuchs
Me
Philip Rubinov Jacobson
HR Giger
Martina Hoffman
Wilfred Satty
Paul Laffoley
Grant Morrison

Music

Spiral Architect
Cynic
Hakim Bey
Ruins
K-OS
Peter Gabriel's Passion album
Ayahuasca Songs
Wicklow
Salival

Movies

Waking Life
Pi
Alien Dreamtime
Zardoz
Altered States
Kundun
Baraka
Why Has Bodhi-Dharma Left for the East
Donnie Darko

paraflux
04-10-2003, 08:01 AM
I forgot about Aldous Huxley. He was a british writer in the 50's who had incredible insight. His long essay books "The Doors of Perception" and "Heaven and Hell" are great. He describes tripping (on mescaline) better than anyone I have read or talked with.

IntendtoAscend
04-10-2003, 08:32 PM
I forgot about movies!! He he
Movies like Vanilla Sky and The Matrix have both managed to capture the current world atmosphere well, especially Vanilla Sky (despite the fact it starts Cruise and Cruz) which manages to make me weep just thinking about it.

Altered states is probably next on my "to-see" list. Looks a lot like Castenadaish.

George Bush Sr.
04-11-2003, 07:41 AM
Open Your Eyes is better than Vanilla Sky because it's the original version.

eyemaware
04-14-2003, 11:30 PM
Delve into the meta-physical realms my friends... and 46&2 shall be explained.