PDA

View Full Version : jesus

tool_greece
05-05-2006, 01:06 PM
is maynard reffering directly to jesus or is he just uses the hole concept as a metaphor to all the wannabe leaders?

thoughts...

Windir
05-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Bill Hicks.

tool_greece
05-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Bill Hicks.
i dont think it is reffering to bill hicks
mjk was a great admirer of him
the song has a critical and ironical feeling
it doesnt make much sence

Cabra
05-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Eulogy is about MJK's disdain for L. Ron Hubbard

(( kairos ))
05-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm sure Maynard doesn't believe in any kind of religion, but what does he believe in????

snakeeyedhawk
05-09-2006, 09:08 AM
I think the song applies to all false martyrs.

And for fuck's sake, it's not Bill Hicks.

XyuTe
05-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Eulogy is about MJK's disdain for L. Ron Hubbard

But why the hell would he miss him?

snakeeyedhawk
05-09-2006, 09:58 AM
I believe the whole "we'll miss him" thing is supposed to be cynical and sarcastic.

Rosette feasted
05-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Bill Hicks.
thats stupid and don't makes any sense.

Patroels
05-13-2006, 04:28 AM
It seems to me that some people in here are afraid of placing the lyrics upon Jesus. Okay, allright, so there was a carpenters son who had a different look on the world around him. That's not always popular, m'kay?

Lafayette Ron Hubbard did not live nor die as anything resembling a martyr. He was just a sci-fi writer who had an idea on how to make money on other peoples weakness. A bit like Catholiscism. "Oh, we'll... Sorry, HE'LL forgive you. If you'd care to contribute to my... Sorry again there... If you'd care to contribute to the building of our heavenly fathers new church , I'm sure all will be forgiven".

Most religions need the pacification of their believers, telling you mostly how (not-) to behave. But then again, that cannot belittle the strong emotions of an individual who FEELS something. Sentient beings, you know?

So feel away, guys. In my own personal view "eulogy" IS about Jesus. But it's also about the next guy who's able to put words on his (or hers) own thoughts. With those thought mainly being about justice between people (Thou shall not...).

But hey, I'm probably just as puzzled as the next guy about this: If JMK wrote this as an accusation against Jesus, why does some of the lyrics on "10.000 Days" read like he's become (overly) religious all of a sudden?

Ah well...

Windir
05-13-2006, 04:29 AM
thats stupid and don't makes any sense.

I could've easily said Rosette feasted then, couldnt I?

Drawn Under
05-15-2006, 05:06 PM
One thing is true i must agree that it is not about Jesus. I realized something about tool, is that they mention jesus a lot but it is never truely negative. He is usually mentioned as an analogy or to help alomh an allusion. Its true in many songs, obvious Eulogy being one of them. Also Sober mentions "Jesus wont u fucking whistle" this isnt necessarily negative it just means Maynard is possibly looking for a miracle, this is an allusion to a miracle. Sometimes people may think tool is against Christianity and stuff but i dont think they are against it so much as just having mixed thoughts about religion in general. It is sort of the whole different strokes for different folks. Just a little more incite i suppose