PDA

View Full Version : How many of you

paraology
05-05-2006, 07:54 AM
think this song could have been done alot better? I hate to say it but I do. First off, the vocals and the basslines for this song are amazing, couldnt have been more perfect. However the drums seem almost non existent at times because they are so low in the mix. But what I think really pulled the song down was that adam plays that same X files sounding riff basically the whole song while the bass and drums are doing something different. I just find this kind of annoying. And I think the riff at 9:14 really hurts the heavier part in this song. It sounds like a green day or offspring riff. I am starting to like this song more though with each listen. I hope it continues growing on me.

win
05-05-2006, 08:02 AM
think this song could have been done alot better? I hate to say it but I do. First off, the vocals and the basslines for this song are amazing, couldnt have been more perfect. However the drums seem almost non existent at times because they are so low in the mix. But what I think really pulled the song down was that adam plays that same X files sounding riff basically the whole song while the bass and drums are doing something different. I just find this kind of annoying. And I think the riff at 9:14 really hurts the heavier part in this song. It sounds like a green day or offspring riff. I am starting to like this song more though with each listen. I hope it continues growing on me.

a lot of this CD is quite. the thunder and rain can be heard over it in this song for example. I think it has to do with the nature of the material. the vocals in many of the songs are very reserved for example, but once again I think it all has to do with some of the emotions being covered here. This is not 'fuck all the bigots' like in aenima or something. this is almost like a prayer for maynard's mother it is a whole nother deal. I personally find it all fitting and seamless, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

CaseLogic
05-05-2006, 11:20 AM
If Danny was going all out on the drums, it would totally kill the mood of the song... the drums are perfect for it