PDA

View Full Version : Chills the soul

MartyV
05-05-2006, 02:54 AM
I don't know about you, but everytime MJK gets to the Line 10,000 days in the fire is long enough. Your going home. The minute he gets to home, the hair on the back my neck stands up and I get a chill that doesn't stop until the song ends. The song is just a fantastic work of art that causes me to forget about anything else going on at the time. The entire LP is excellent, took me a while to come to that conclusion though. A few listens, anyone else feel that way, does this song have a physical affect on you?

jackgt
05-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Literally makes my hair stand on end, especially when he gets to the part about her standing at the gates and screaming. Very powerful stuff.

win
05-05-2006, 07:13 AM
I don't know about you, but everytime MJK gets to the Line 10,000 days in the fire is long enough. Your going home. The minute he gets to home, the hair on the back my neck stands up and I get a chill that doesn't stop until the song ends. The song is just a fantastic work of art that causes me to forget about anything else going on at the time. The entire LP is excellent, took me a while to come to that conclusion though. A few listens, anyone else feel that way, does this song have a physical affect on you?

Definitely the whole song for me. Although I do love that part, the peak for me is jsut a little later. Try listening and not just singing along in your head but feeling the words as he says 'its time now! my time now! give me my- give me my wing!" It gets me every time with out fail.

PS I think it is intersting that people get different emotional climaxes in their songs. I think it is a testament to their complexity

denzel__x
05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
oh i know i'm emotional but this song makes me cry.....

the rain, the thunder, the sadness of the "fibbers" in the congregation not being able to even hold up a candle to her.....

i don't know but this is a really powerful song and certainly has a strong impact on me....

"high is the way but our lives are on the ground"

don't you find it so amazing that they don't even have to repeat lines to make the impact they do.

"10,000 days in the fire is long enough"

once was enough.

chills the soul indeed.

anfisechka
05-08-2006, 06:02 PM
when he gets to the part about "set as i am in my ways and my arrogance" -- that's it for me. damn. he just seems so fucking honest.

rogerdoger
05-08-2006, 06:05 PM
I think this is one of the most emotionally powerful songs I have ever heard. I feel drawn into it, almost like it becomes more of a physical object than a song.....it's amazing.

Mya
05-08-2006, 09:23 PM
I think this is one of the most emotionally powerful songs I have ever heard. I feel drawn into it, almost like it becomes more of a physical object than a song.....it's amazing.

I whole-heartedly agree with you there... This song is right up there with Pushit - Salival in my opinion.

But i find that i have to listen to Wings for Marie Part 1 and 2 in its entirety to fully appreciate the song. f i go straight to Part 2 (10 00 days) it doesnt quite have the same effect.

MJstones
05-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Its true, these songs complement each other so much, you really need to listen to both together in order to get the full experience. Its so emotional, I absolutely love it. I listened to it lying in bed in the pitch dark at 2am and my mind went absolutely wild. I was so completely focused on the music and the words. The rhythm of the guitars with the thunderstorm building in the backround, combined with those powerful lyrics "should you meet your Maker..." It just makes you feel so alive...