PDA

View Full Version : Is tool done?

bloodydecember
05-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Let's face it, the boys from Tool are getting old. Will this be their last album?? I know that Maynard said in this month's issue of Revolver that Tool can always make money touring and that they really dont need the record company anymore. Do you think that they're going to call it good or will they keep kicking out more hits?

a788
05-04-2006, 06:56 PM
i dont know. thats kind of depressing.

TheHolyGift
05-04-2006, 07:02 PM
In a couple of recent interviews they talk about making more albums. So no.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 07:03 PM
I know that Maynard said in this month's issue of Revolver that Tool can always make money touring and that they really dont need the record company anymore. Do you think that they're going to call it good or will they keep kicking out more hits?
When he said that he was explaining why he's done with APC. He's tired of dealing with two different sets of record companies, two different sets of lawyers, etc. etc.
He also said that because he's done with APC, he can focus more on TooL. When I read that article in Revolver, I was actually thinking quite the opposite. TooL still has a couple albums in 'em.

grathrax
05-04-2006, 07:08 PM
When he said that he was explaining why he's done with APC. He's tired of dealing with two different sets of record companies, two different sets of lawyers, etc. etc.
He also said that because he's done with APC, he can focus more on TooL. When I read that article in Revolver, I was actually thinking quite the opposite. TooL still has a couple albums in 'em.

And also after that whole lawsuit mess post Aenima I believe they have a 3 album contract, therefore they have to make at least one more album.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
And also after that whole lawsuit mess post Aenima I believe they have a 3 album contract, therefore they have to make at least one more album.
The third one is coming out in about 5 weeks.

tool_fan
05-04-2006, 07:40 PM
I dunno...
there's something about 10,000 Days that makes me think the five yrs and the side projects have diluted what they had together too much to sustain another record. Since the day i bought the CD and gave it my first listens start to finish, i've developed a nagging fear that this will be their last.... But i don't know what their contract says.

I damn sure hope i'm wrong!!

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Third one is already recorded.

claytonious
05-04-2006, 07:52 PM
after listening to the album (all 65 times thus far :D) i cant help but get the feeling i want something more. Dont get me wrong, i know i'm prolly suffering from "Ungratefull Fanboy Syndrome" (or UFS for short) but unlike all the other albums i dont feel i'm mentally spent after listening to 10K days.

It just feels like they already know the next lot of material inside and out and have sent a CD out there with that 'i want more feeling' in it!

:D

amitface
05-04-2006, 07:53 PM
This topic has been discussed to death.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 07:55 PM
It just feels like they already know the next lot of material inside and out and have sent a CD out there with that 'i want more feeling' in it!

When System of a Down released the first half of their "one cd with two release dates" scam... they already had the material for the second CD recorded...actually, probably already completely done and the CDs all ready to go...

I bet the same is true for TooL...but the best way to avoid leaks is to release a decoy album like 10kd.

claytonious
05-04-2006, 08:05 PM
....but the best way to avoid leaks is to release a decoy album like 10kd....

HA HA HA HA!

gorzholio
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
System should have posted a dbl album that was bullsh!t!!! Tool Wouldnt do that.

bitter_enigma
05-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Don't you love it when a totally unrelated topic turns into a hoax thread?

bloodydecember
05-05-2006, 06:52 AM
Don't you love it when a totally unrelated topic turns into a hoax thread?

haha, very random indeed

It isn't a decoy album that's for sure. It's not their style. People are thinking too much into it.

ObliviousHypocrite
05-05-2006, 10:52 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but after listening to the album a few times, I couldn't help feeling that this is their last album. 10000 Days just seems to tie all the previous albums together.

xPOGOx
05-05-2006, 10:58 AM
System should have posted a dbl album that was bullsh!t!!! Tool Wouldnt do that.
No, System of a Down should've released ONE album. There's only 76 minutes of music between the two CDs.

Supposedly they wanted to "give you time to let the message sink in" or some bullshit...and then the second single on the Hypnotize is some pussy emo bullshit about having a lonely day...

Rotating_Energy_Field
05-05-2006, 11:14 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but after listening to the album a few times, I couldn't help feeling that this is their last album. 10000 Days just seems to tie all the previous albums together.

I'm not sure that I agree with that, some of the songs sound similar to older tracks but I don't think that it's intentional. For Example :

Vicarious :
Doesn't sound like anything they've ever done before, despite early interpretations saying that it sounds like Schism. The similarity beetween Vicarious/Schism could be because they used a similar scale and time signature for the riffs in both tracks, don't forget that they usually compose music which is in D minor. Maynard's lyrical approach is also different on this, he's written in a similar way with APC in the past but never with Tool, this signals a change of direction to me, not a copy of previous ideas or themes.

Jambi :
Again, doesn't sound like any older tracks. Maynard's lyrics are just as cryptic as they usually are but that's just about it. Adam's approach is also new here, he's never played a talkbox solo has he?

Wings For Marie/10,000 Days :
I don't even have to say anything about this. Completely new direction. Brilliant song.

The Pot :
This is the exception, this one does sound like the Tool of old. Definately has the Undertow vibe to it.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned :
The riff in Rosetta Stoned is similar to the one used in Third Eye, but for people to come out and say that this track as a whole is similar to Third Eye is inaccurate. Maynard explores new approaches to both his vocal technique and lyrical content. Again, definately a new direction.

Intension/Right In Two :
Same as Wings For Marie, completely new way of composing. The electronic elements during Intension are something that they have never done, especially the Aphex Twin style beats that Danny plays. Right In Two is also something new, I actually think that this is quite a mainstream APC-type piece and would be a good contender for the next single.

This new album isn't a rehash of older ideas, I am certain of it.

grathrax
05-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Please dont tell me that this "the album is coming out in five weeks" thing is just a continuation of that whole "fake album" theory. Is there any substantial information to say that there is something coming out soon?

xPOGOx
05-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Please dont tell me that this "the album is coming out in five weeks" thing is just a continuation of that whole "fake album" theory. Is there any substantial information to say that there is something coming out soon?
Yes. Something is coming out in 11 days. From Tool.

resonance.
05-05-2006, 10:59 PM

There is a wealth of information suggesting this is the case.

Azathoth23
05-05-2006, 11:03 PM
In a little article in spin magazine maynard said that tool might be done" sooner than later".

xPOGOx
05-05-2006, 11:16 PM
There is a wealth of information suggesting this is the case.
Who needs a wealth when you've got Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EPFPVU/002-1767301-7568058?v=glance&n=5174).

resonance.
05-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Who needs a wealth when you've got Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EPFPVU/002-1767301-7568058?v=glance&n=5174).

Yeah I'm not so sure about this. I don't think it's anything special. I'm confident we're getting _something_ on 6/6/06. All evidence suggests it's a new record, and we're listening to the B-sides cut.

xPOGOx
05-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah I'm not so sure about this. I don't think it's anything special. I'm confident we're getting _something_ on 6/6/06. All evidence suggests it's a new record, and we're listening to the B-sides cut.
By the way...

10,000 Days (1+0+0+0+0) = 1
Released on the 2nd day = 2
which was the 3rd day of the week = 3
of the 5th month = 5
Of 2006 (2 + 0 + 0 + 6) = 8

12358.... Fibonacci anyone?

resonance.
05-05-2006, 11:47 PM

redshift.
05-06-2006, 02:19 AM

Product Description
Japanese pressing with nothing exclusive. Volcano Records. 2006.

Xeph
05-06-2006, 03:37 AM
As much as I would love to believer that there is another tool album on the way within a couple of weeks, it seems to much like a blatant rumor to me. :P

Oberon
05-06-2006, 05:02 AM
By the way...

of the 5th month = 5

=P you need two ones at the begining

Lennon
05-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Its like listening to religious people try and make everything fit, its getting pathetic now.

Volrath
05-06-2006, 08:38 AM
WHAT.FUCKING.EVIDENCE? What the fuck are you talking about? The only thing that comes out the fiftheenth of may are the re-releases of previous Tool albums, including Salival. The ONLY thing that is going to happen on 6/6/06 is the Tool concert in Hamburg. Seriously stop posting bullshit just because you're disappointed in the new album.

bloodydecember
05-07-2006, 07:10 PM
No, System of a Down should've released ONE album. There's only 76 minutes of music between the two CDs.

Supposedly they wanted to "give you time to let the message sink in" or some bullshit...and then the second single on the Hypnotize is some pussy emo bullshit about having a lonely day...

In my opinion soad shouldn't have released either. BAD mistakes. But that's just me.

Are you fucking kidding me?? There is no goddamn evidence. "Foot in mouth and head up ass. So what you talkin 'bout?"

Benevolent Son
05-07-2006, 08:38 PM
In a little article in spin magazine maynard said that tool might be done" sooner than later".
Dude, you stole my avatar.

Theodagoth
05-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Its like listening to religious people try and make everything fit, its getting pathetic now.

i was wondering why all this bullshit people keep spewing seemed familiar. hey you would all make excellent biblical "scholars". maybe you'll get to hear your own eulogy if you keep talking long enough.

Unintelligible_Whispering
05-07-2006, 11:15 PM
By the way...

of the 5th month = 5

yeah but what about the fact that it was actually released elsewhere BEFORE that time? kinda throws off your theory right there.

Vicarious_Lee
05-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Don't Any of you think that before a Messenger Band Of the Gods, like TOOL, is done, They might actually have a few songs about solving some of the problems they bring up? I mean dont get me wrong, Im a TOOL Fan till I die, been jammin out to tool since I was in diapers, But, I mean seriously, But In this case there is a Paradox, There are two ways Maynard could've pulled for, A. He just brings out angst through his songs, causing the whole world to bitch about these problems, causing just chaos, and him getting paid to do so or B. He brings out the problems, and then gives us a solution to some of them through his last album. but wait there is another part C. He brings out all these problems in hopes that "we" can figure something out, to fix them, I dont know the word for a paradox that goes three ways, but there it is.

Personally I wouldnt mind another album of chaos, Im quite fond of it, but whatever works for Maynard man...

bloodydecember
05-08-2006, 03:33 AM
^^ Maynard tried that with Lateralus man. All of the songs on there could be seen as a solution to the problems that he brought up in all of the previous albums. Communication vs. Division, "crucifying the ego," letting go of a grudge: all solutions to the problems. This is more of a "humanity sucks for not listening to me" kind of thing. Read the interview of Tool in the new issue of revolver. This isnt far from what him and Adam say (just really paraphrased).