PDA

View Full Version : Sample for Music Video

right_in_three
05-04-2006, 06:38 PM
I was wondering about this.

For the Schism video, they had like 30 seconds or something (forgive me if that's not accurate) of the Mantra sampling. Perfect way to lead into the song.

For Parabol/ Parabola, they had those weird vajra floating things spinning around in space and making weird sounds as an intro. After watching the DVD and listening to 10,000 days, I was wondering..

Do you think the video will begin with some kind of white noise or effect? This is what I figured: what if they use like 30 seconds of Viginti Tres as an intro to the song? After listening to that song, the weird sounds reminded me of the swirling things in the Parabol/ Parabola video. Or do you think they'll revolutionize their videos and get right into the song as they did on the recording?

Just a thought, yet anything we see will be genius.

TheHolyGift
05-04-2006, 06:41 PM
There will most likely be a white space, but who can know? And it will not be 30 seconds of Viginti Tres. Why? Because it's not part of Vicarious. Mantra is almost definitely part of Schism, and Parabol is obviously part of Parabola. There you go.

right_in_three
05-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Claymation.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Mantra is the track right before Schism...

Parabol is the track right before Parabola...

So it makes sense that Viginti Tres, coming 10 tracks after Vicarious, would serve as an intro to the Vicarious video...please...

I can't wait to see the video though...

right_in_three
05-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I hope you're not acting like you know what to expect or that you do indeed sit in the same mindframe of Tool.

The Mantra/ Parabol things were obvious, that wasn't the point.

Maybe Viginti Tres, being the closer, could even loop around and add to the absent-abrupt beginning of Vicarious. Just seeing if anyone else could visualize it.

It was just a thought, again. Thanks for the obvious.

chaotic_confusion
05-05-2006, 08:18 AM
i agree with the theory... my friend told me that when he uses his xbox to play the cd on loop, viginti tres leads right into vicarious