PDA

View Full Version : Visuals for the show

GreenBudsGreenTea
05-04-2006, 04:00 PM
So I was thinking.....

When they perform this live ( and they better) how cool would it be for Wings pt 1 to have like old home movies of Judith as a young woman with her child (Maynard the great) playing and really show in her vitality and life as the woman she was before tragedy struck and then as you transition into Wings pt 2 the lighting changes....you get the visuals on screen of release via death ....Alex Grays painting of death is by far my favorite of his....images like that....and you get these images of ascending and release that death brings us all....

Tonight throw your headphones on and picture it....

Just a thought.....

Cataclysmic42
05-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Not a bad idea. Not very Toolish, but it might just fit for the song. It would really strike a key for the audience. But would you really want to see people crying at a TOOL concert? Not very manly.

rembrandt_q_einstein
05-06-2006, 05:58 PM
i am not so sure how maynard would feel about projected images of his mother during a show... i mean he might be cool with it but i dont know

TurdEye13
05-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Maynard might not go for that

GreenBudsGreenTea
05-07-2006, 03:07 PM
I dont know if he would or wouldnt go for it....but It would definatly be a moment that would be more emotional/heart wrenching then just about anything else anyone has seen at a show

technicalbull
05-07-2006, 03:11 PM
there wouldnt be a dry eye in the whole place ( probably including the band)......i dont think they could emotionally pull off the song live....of course except for maynard.

evil agent
05-07-2006, 04:52 PM
So far they havent' been playing this live. The only new songs are Jambi, Vicarious, The Pot, and Rosetta Stoned.

Heyou13
05-07-2006, 04:54 PM
bet you it will be the last song of the show during the encore when they come back later this year for their larger tour

Convoy_X
05-07-2006, 05:15 PM
I have been thinking about a video for this some that could work as images for the show. We would see a young man pushing an old woman in a well chair. They are in a city and the walk to a park. The sun is setting when they get there. The stop facing the sun and the old woman gets up grows wings flies off and turns in to light or something like the guy at the end of the Parabola video.