PDA

View Full Version : Limited Packaging?

martyrinexile86
05-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I've recently heard that the current packaging for 10,000 Days is limited edition. Just wondering if anyone else has heard likewise. Just think, in addition to this being possibly the best cd packaging of all time, we might actually all be in possession of a potential collector's item!

spooky
05-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I hope so, the packaging looks like shit.

martyrinexile86
05-04-2006, 04:43 PM
how exactly does it 'look like shit?' Just curious as to why you feel this way.

spooky
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
I do not find the packaging aesthetically pleasing.

Artistic Sickness
05-04-2006, 05:53 PM
oh yeah? well your baby's fugly

SomethingSpecial
05-04-2006, 06:02 PM
lol. Put that ugly baby out of it's misery. All it has to look forward to in life is shame and ugliness.

Drowning babies works pretty well, not as messy as shooting, throwing out the car window or against a wall.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 06:26 PM
The CD doesn't stack well.

ManicDepressive
05-04-2006, 06:54 PM
lol. Put that ugly baby out of it's misery. All it has to look forward to in life is shame and ugliness.

Drowning babies works pretty well, not as messy as shooting, throwing out the car window or against a wall.
You have experience?

darksound
05-04-2006, 06:57 PM
my stereoscopic part has come unglued on its on already and is a pain... these arent made to last

ManicDepressive
05-04-2006, 07:00 PM
my stereoscopic part has come unglued on its on already and is a pain... these arent made to last
It might be made so we can't sell it once they stop making them stereoscopic.

TheHolyGift
05-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Where did you hear that its a limited package? Source! Please, let a normal jewel case be coming to us.

martyrinexile86
05-04-2006, 07:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOOL-10000-Days-CD-SEALED-10-000-DIGI-PACK-LIMITED-NR_W0QQitemZ4875293672QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem

Burd
05-04-2006, 08:43 PM
I fucking hate jewel cases. So bland and overused.

livingdecay
05-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Fuck yeah, I'm gonna go buy 3 more copies and save them.

Collector's items.

11Reflections11
05-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Hell yeah thats totally what I thought when I read this too! 10 years from now when all the little kids are listening to Opiate I'll get 200 a cd! Wo0t0oL!

mon-go-lloyd
05-05-2006, 08:37 AM
No. It's not limited packaging. This is the artwork. No more no less.

Stonergrunge
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Funny thing, I have seen the "limited edition" legend written everywhere on the internerd, wonder how the regular edition is going to look like then. I prefer jewel cases by far, they're more practical and if it gets too scratched or broken you can go to any store and buy a new one.

Oh... and by the way, I'm Stonergrunge from Chile and this is my first post.

teleincision
05-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Funny thing, I have seen the "limited edition" legend written everywhere on the internerd, wonder how the regular edition is going to look like then. I prefer jewel cases by far, they're more practical and if it gets too scratched or broken you can go to any store and buy a new one.

Welcome!

soberfish
05-05-2006, 07:44 PM

i would assume that the "regular" packaging, if there is such a thing, would just be regular pictures of the same art, just one image per page of course (not two).

martyrinexile86
05-06-2006, 11:15 AM

yeah, the artwork's kickass, I just hate where they chose to put the CD, very frustrating to get out.

Welcome to TDN

Matt8
05-06-2006, 11:23 AM
i think the packaging is incredible. only problem is nothing to keep it closed which i really dont care about. cd isnt hard to get out. lift up with one finger and pull.

fugitive538
05-06-2006, 11:28 AM
i like the packaging as well. Its beautiful and unique. The only problems are that its always open a bit, and it doesnt fit to my cd rack, so i have to figure out sth else, so i can keep it right above my opiate-undertow-aenima and lateralus:-)):-)

Mind
05-06-2006, 11:33 AM
A small piece of Velcro I think would have been very nice at least. Maybe my case is due for external modifacations. I really hate the fact it does not stay shut. Otherwise...Beautiful.

MisterMudd
05-06-2006, 12:06 PM
A small piece of Velcro I think would have been very nice at least. Maybe my case is due for external modifacations. I really hate the fact it does not stay shut. Otherwise...Beautiful.

Or better yet, a magnetic strip so it would remain flush...

I'll Eat Your Soul
05-06-2006, 12:11 PM
I use standard bookshelves for my CDs, so there are no issues with it fitting in a pre-defined space.

It urks my OCD-side that when stood on the side showing the artist and title, it's not as deep as a standard jewel case, but I can handle that.

As far as I know, this is the final edition. In the UK, they usually sell both the limited and standard editions side by side but mysteriously charge extra - I've seen some CDs where the limited edition is a cardboard digipak-style case and they've charged £2 / $4 more for it!

xPOGOx
05-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I use standard bookshelves for my CDs, so there are no issues with it fitting in a pre-defined space.

It urks my OCD-side that when stood on the side showing the artist and title, it's not as deep as a standard jewel case, but I can handle that.

As far as I know, this is the final edition. In the UK, they usually sell both the limited and standard editions side by side but mysteriously charge extra - I've seen some CDs where the limited edition is a cardboard digipak-style case and they've charged £2 / $4 more for it!
You guys should go to your local CD stores on Tuesday and laugh at how much the limited edition of the new Red Hot Chili Peppers is going to cost.

I'll Eat Your Soul
05-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Then point and clap at all the special needs fools who buy it? :D

Stonergrunge
05-07-2006, 06:47 PM
One question to all the people who already owns the album and wants to keep the package closed:

Did you throw the wrapping to the trash? because if you didn't you can use it to keep the package closed and to protect it from dust. All my limited editions and digipack albums are protected with part of the wrapping.

teleincision
05-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Then point and clap at all the special needs fools who buy it? :D

Clap with ONE hand!

mjk_462
05-07-2006, 07:01 PM

Well played sir