PDA

View Full Version : 3:23

Muladhara
05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
The voice comes in at 3:23 (there's an intake of breath or something at this exact moment).

3x23 = 69.

I have a feeling that this track isn't the most serious of tracks.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Track 69 = Disgustipated...

(just for good measure)

Muladhara
05-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Track 69 = Disgustipated...

(just for good measure)

Good catch.

"Betwixt the air itself"

Wonder if the voice is the cry of a carrot...

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 03:57 PM
I have a feeling we'll never figure TooL out until ALL of their albums are out...because the last album is probably going to be the road map of it all...

Muladhara
05-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Ah, I don't think there's much to figure out really, well, not much that would affect me deeply.

I understand the "open your mind" thing, the "take everything with a pinch of salt" thing and a bunch of other stuff. I'm not desperate to find out the real meanings behind everything, I think it's interesting to see how the songs are crafted and the connections between them.

I just wish they'd write more songs about anal sex.

identitat soldat
05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I have a feeling we'll never figure TooL out until ALL of their albums are out...because the last album is probably going to be the road map of it all...

I don't think we're ever going to figure out what they intended. Maynard made it very clear in an earlier interview that he doesn't want to explain any of the meaning behind the tracks.

Muladhara
05-04-2006, 05:32 PM
I don't think we're ever going to figure out what they intended. Maynard made it very clear in an earlier interview that he doesn't want to explain any of the meaning behind the tracks.

I bet he will, you know, the odd random preamble before kicking into a song live, like he's done before.

It's very hard to resist explaining what you meant when you wrote something you're very proud of and people keep fumbling around with the wrong answers.

With Viginti Tres though, I doubt we'll have an explanation if it doesn't come from Blair.