PDA

View Full Version : Who are you to wace the finger

10000 days in the fire
05-04-2006, 03:03 PM
I think maynard is trying to ask us who are we to judge him, i think this song is about judging others and how we shouldnt because we are not all perfect. the themeis carried throughout with the reference to the black kettle. it reminds me and excuse the religiousness of what jesus said about he without sin can cast the first stone. i don't know but i just get the feeling from this song.
opinions would be great.

daspork
05-05-2006, 03:56 PM
I think maynard is trying to ask us who are we to judge him, i think this song is about judging others and how we shouldnt because we are not all perfect. the themeis carried throughout with the reference to the black kettle. it reminds me and excuse the religiousness of what jesus said about he without sin can cast the first stone. i don't know but i just get the feeling from this song.
opinions would be great.

i think its clear we are not all perfect "Who are you to wace the finger "

Lennon
05-05-2006, 04:09 PM
http://www.ccel.org/w/wace/

i think he solved the puzzle.

fugitive538
05-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Damn, i've spent way too much time with this thread.
it confused me that the first post was edited, so it took me 5 minutes to realize what is this "wace" stuff all about:-)
Anyway, the thoughts werent bad at all. But i think it would be a bit too straightforward for Tool. (i dont agree with those, who compare The Pot to Hooker with a penis, but probably im wrong - and i still have to analyze the album, since i own it only for... 5 days or so. So ask me in an other 2 months:-) )

Divine_left
05-06-2006, 11:27 AM
I think maynard is trying to ask us who are we to judge him, i think this song is about judging others and how we shouldnt because we are not all perfect.

I think it's a bit more political than that.

WitlessLiar
05-06-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.ccel.org/w/wace/

i think he solved the puzzle.
What I find hilarious about that is you took the time to look up the word "wace" instead calling him and idiot like most would.

montsegur
05-06-2006, 05:44 PM
yeah! love how James Blunt did that intro....

10000 days in the fire
05-08-2006, 02:17 PM
What I find hilarious about that is you took the time to look up the word "wace" instead calling him and idiot like most would.

like you have never made a mistake

GelatiCruiser
05-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I think it's a bit more political than that.

lol @ your sig. I think his best one ever was "I saw a human pyramid once. It was totally unnecessary."