PDA

View Full Version : Great song, Misplaced on the album?

parabol4
05-04-2006, 02:31 PM
After listening to the album version a couple times, I must say this song feels really out of place after Rosetta Stoned, like to a point where after my first listen I couldnt even recall anything about it. I don't know what they could have done to change this, but it definately is the downfall of the album as a whole. I do however like it on its own.

amitface
05-04-2006, 03:06 PM
I think it's a good way to calm you down after the chaos that is Rosetta Stoned. I love it.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Think about the definition of intension.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intension

"Intension refers to the set of all possible things a word could describe. .... For example, the intension of 'car' is all possible cars (including mile-high cars made of chocolate)."

I think this has a lot to do with TooL's music...

identitat soldat
05-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I think it fits the album very well. Plus, it gives me a boner.

EolianVision
05-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I could see it following something besides Rosetta Stoned, but it certainly has to go in front of Right in Two, that transition is just phenomenal. I really view the two as one extremely long song with a slight pause in between. They really are about the same topic anyways.

Hiredugan
05-11-2006, 10:39 PM
After listening to the album version a couple times, I must say this song feels really out of place after Rosetta Stoned, like to a point where after my first listen I couldnt even recall anything about it. I don't know what they could have done to change this, but it definately is the downfall of the album as a whole. I do however like it on its own.

Actually I care for it after RS more than I think I would have liked it anywhere else on the album becuse it serves as a kind of bridge to calm you down after Rosetta but at the same times the second half of the song sets the place for Right in Two to follow it.

toolish
05-19-2006, 11:56 PM
I think it's a good way to calm you down after the chaos that is Rosetta Stoned. I love it.

Agree. Try to listen to it as a seperate piece of music.

tidewell
05-20-2006, 01:14 AM

I agree. Kind of hard to imagine it in any other section of the album. It is the balance coming out of probably the most chaotic element of the album, being rosetta stoned.

TurdEye13
06-03-2006, 08:30 AM
I like it exactly where it is!

TWENTY-THREE
06-03-2006, 12:32 PM
I like that wikipedia site where it says:". . .the intension of 'car' is all possible cars (including mile-high cars made of chocolate). . ."
lol!

justfar1086
06-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Dont look at it in terms of being after rosetta stoned, but being before Right in Two, then it makes much more sense, but yea, almost like Eon Blue Apocalypse does after the grudge, Intension calms you down after the chaos of Rosetta Stoned

Inner_Eulogy
06-03-2006, 12:55 PM

Actually, I think it kinda goes all in order starting at Lipan Conjuring. First, he's doing some spirit drugs with indians (lipan conjuring) then he somehow wanders off and ends up in the hospital trippin his balls off (Lost Keys), then he finally opens his mouth and what comes out is his crazy story (rosetta stoned) and finally he's coming down and back to reality and it feels like a new life almost like being reborn (intension). I've always felt like a new man after a long night of trippin where the effects are finally calming down.

æmoeba•°·.
06-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Think about the definition of intension.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intension

"Intension refers to the set of all possible things a word could describe. .... For example, the intension of 'car' is all possible cars (including mile-high cars made of chocolate)."

I think this has a lot to do with TooL's music...

hmm.

#Notion
06-03-2006, 03:36 PM
I think it fits the album very well. Plus, it gives me a boner.

I really agree with this

encrusted
06-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Reminds me of Sabbath's "Planet Caravan" on Paranoid - calms my ass down after some intensity....the textures and rythyms are solid on its own

Gnome_Chomsky
06-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I look at the transition as an eraser. It clears your mind of all the mess and what not from Rosetta. Then you can more clearly absorb the message that is Right in Two. Meditation almost.