PDA

View Full Version : Great Jazzzzz....

mindstream
05-04-2006, 11:25 AM
After Maynard's climactic 'Give me my wings' ...Danny and Justin just go into this incredible hypnotic jazz like jam while Adam does his thing...Also, Danny's drumming here reminds me of, fear I say, some of the improv Grateful Dead jams...just loose and freewheeling. Awesome.

Doowadiddy
05-04-2006, 01:59 PM
I was just going to post how jazzy this song is...I was listening to it as I drifted off to sleep last night. Awesome.

Cataclysmic42
05-06-2006, 05:51 PM
I just don't see the jazzyness (jazzieness?). Its too emotional to give me that feel. Blues is what i get from it and thats what TOOL said they were aiming for.

paraology
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
After Maynard's climactic 'Give me my wings' ...Danny and Justin just go into this incredible hypnotic jazz like jam while Adam does his thing...Also, Danny's drumming here reminds me of, fear I say, some of the improv Grateful Dead jams...just loose and freewheeling. Awesome.
This part is so awesome. My fav part of the song. It would have been even better if Jones had changed to a different riff instead of playing the same one over and over.

Alistair_Carson
05-06-2006, 09:35 PM
This part is so awesome. My fav part of the song. It would have been even better if Jones had changed to a different riff instead of playing the same one over and over.

I thought the same thing too. Although they could have considered it, but then decided that if all three instruments dove into that same jazz vibe, it might take away from the emotional aspect of the song. So they just limited it to Justin and Danny.