PDA

View Full Version : What is it about monkeys and sharing...

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Anyone else find it curiously interesting that "Right in Two" is (on the surface) about monkeys who can't share...and it was too long ago that Jack Johnson came out with the Curious George (a monkey movie) soundtrack...which included a song about sharing...

Heh...just thought it was kind of funny.

10000 days in the fire
05-04-2006, 03:08 PM
its very obvious that Maynard is refering to humans as monkeys, and he's saying weres theres one were bound to divide it. its a song about war and fighting and its just over pieces of the ground.

xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 03:13 PM
its very obvious that Maynard is refering to humans as monkeys, and he's saying weres theres one were bound to divide it. its a song about war and fighting and its just over pieces of the ground.
I understand that he's talking about humans when he says monkeys...but he says monkeys (not humans) for a reason (otherwise he would've just said humans).

Probably because popular evolutionary theory believes that humans evolved from Monkeys, and Maynard is trying to mention that the way humans act today is far less then what someone as evolved as us should act...

But I also think it's a large part of TooL's "you can lead a horse to water..." theme for this album. As long as we're on evolution, this song reminds me about 46 & 2, which I think is also about human evolution (so to speak), and wanting to become a better human, etc. (46 chromosomes plus 1 more pair)... but take the 46 chromosomes "Right in Two" and divide the unity (not just talking about war...but division between lovers, etc.) and what are you left with? Only one half of each of the pairs of chromosomes needed for procreation: 23 (23 in Latin = Viginti Tres)... etc.

acsguitar
05-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Its like 2001 SPace Odessey man...wow man wow

I like this song

10000 days in the fire
05-04-2006, 06:56 PM
i think he refers to us as monkeys because of the way we act, primative. we should have evolved enough by now to not fight and destroy our only world. i like the chromosome theory