View Full Version : New tool video for Hush

MUTTLEY
03-31-2003, 12:59 PM
Just finished it, hope ya like it.

http://www.undergroundplanet.com/media/Iraqi_Freedom.zip

- Mutt

Jerk-Off
03-31-2003, 03:17 PM
It's very nicely done, and it's always good to see that people support the troops.

However, if I put my time and effort and thoughts into a song and someone used it for something like this, which is completely not the message that the song was orignally intended to have, I would be pissed off beyond belief.

But hey, maybe it's just me. Good work with the movie part nonetheless.

Jerk off
04-06-2003, 02:39 PM
It's hard to figure why they used this song, but I did see one thing that stands out. "Some of the images you are about to see were deemed to graphic for the American audiences" Which means the news is censored, so, the song is slightly appropriate. Still, We live in the land of the "Free" but there is someone that tells me what I may and may not see is slightly infuriating.

MUTTLEY
04-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Just so you guys know theres a new link for various formats.

http://undergroundplanet.com/iraqinfo.htm

As to why I would pick this song ? Ma, how obvious can it be ?. Lets start out with"

" I cant say what I want to, even if Im not serious "

| 2000 Iraqi government issues decree authorizing the government to amputate the tongues of citizens who criticize Saddam Hussein or his government.

" People tell me what to say, what to think "

Um ... ?

" Go fuck yourself, you piece of shit. Why don't you go kill yourself? "

Uh ...

Some people just need things spelled out for them. If you dont get it, I guess you just have very few skills of interpretation.

- Mutt

Jerk-Off
04-07-2003, 09:00 PM
I wasn't aware this was supposed to be from the viewpoint of an oppressed Iraqi.

Oh, maybe because it's filled with American stuff and wishes for American troops.

**sigh** are you even a fan or do you just like the words?

edit: Ever read that interview with the question about how they kicked off the american flag when someone threw it up on stage after 9/11? Wonder why..

MUTTLEY
04-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Yes, its from their viewpoint , and yes it has well wishes for our troops, who one would think are in effect, fighting for their rights in overturning the oppressive regime.

As for the supposed hearsay incident regarding the flag, I suppose you would have to ask them.

Am I a fan ? How many people who aren't fans even know this song ?

Though I have to wonder why am I trying to have an intellectual debate with someone named " Jerk Off " ?

Flojob
04-08-2003, 05:53 PM
i am for this war, and against the troops

Jerk-Off
04-08-2003, 07:18 PM
well since you can't take the time to go find out the reason i asked about the flag incident, let me explain it to you. it's pretty simple, actually.

the point is that - regardless of political viewpoints of the members of the band - tool is NOT about politics, and has never been.

that was my point.. the songs are up for interpretation to each different person, but politics is one thing that they have clearly said is not part of what they are doing. and i know that if that was MY song, i would be pissed off.

Jerk off
04-08-2003, 10:13 PM
What the hell is wrong with the name Jerk off? HELP IM BEING OPPRESSED! < as they say in Monte python> and why did you use a personal debate, I.e., on attacking him personally, instead of a good one. Something like you know proof to the contrary that Tool isn't political. Well, maybe because you couldn't find any, or you're just to lazy too look < tht was personal>

DisgracedEffigy
04-09-2003, 12:04 PM
Ugh. War, sick.

DieForMe
05-27-2003, 09:14 PM
why would u bring war into this forum this is about tool

BackToMyKnees
06-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Flojob
i am for this war, and against the troops

Yes, Bill Hicks is the man.

conical johnson
07-18-2003, 12:42 AM
well since you can't take the time to go find out the reason i asked about the flag incident, let me explain it to you. it's pretty simple, actually.

the point is that - regardless of political viewpoints of the members of the band - tool is NOT about politics, and has never been.

that was my point.. the songs are up for interpretation to each different person, but politics is one thing that they have clearly said is not part of what they are doing. and i know that if that was MY song, i would be pissed off.

I always thought Tool and RATM collaborating was bizarre. But it turned out well, and that's what matters.

MUTTLEY
07-26-2003, 12:29 PM
My bad, thought some peeps here might appreciate the vid.

And again, its not ( or should I say wasnt )pro-war, your missing the point. It was pro-troops/anti-Saddam. I would find it hard to believe that even those who are anti-war don't share those sentiments.

There are a few more vids on the site if you care to check em out, the new one is the one for the band TREPANATION, lemme know whatcha think.

www.undergroundplanet.com

- Muttley

DDoedtman
07-27-2003, 12:42 PM
I always thought Tool and RATM collaborating was bizarre. But it turned out well, and that's what matters.

Tom Morello taught Adam Jones how to play guitar in high school. Tool's first big tour was opening for Rage.

By the way, Mutt, I'm anti-war and pro-Saddam. I see him as the victim. That, and I have a hard time being anti-anyone.

TimothyLeary
07-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Wow, that's kewl and all and it's great all you people are so interested in the oppressed Iraqi people.... but let's get to the facts here; this war has ALWAYS been about oil. period. the american government lets thousands of people die on their streets everyday, but no; we've gotta divert all our money and man power to helping these poor people. i'm not trying to be insensitive here, but come on; our movites for this were not pure. also, u can't be like anti-war, pro-troops; because the troops are merely pawns doing what the government tells them, not some free-lance heros doing "the right thing". if they were doing anything on their own free will they would be court-marshalled.

*If you wanna get biblical (i'm not relegious but it is rather coincidental), this war could very well become armaggedon. the mountain/hill where it is to be fought is in Iraq i believe*

EVERYONE FOLLOW MY EXAMPLES AND GROW UP TO BE A MARTYR JUST LIKE ME!!!!!

Polish_Rides_The_Spiral
01-22-2007, 06:10 PM
i like the origonal movie: soap in the mouth and explicit tags on tool's tools

Eulogy33
05-31-2007, 04:46 PM
the original is pretty awesome.