PDA

View Full Version : I had a vision when listening to this

eslupminoyler
05-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Well I took the lyrics mostly literal, and therefore a relation can be seen to such books as the one "Constantine" was based on.

It seems as if true knowledge and benevolence in our world are starting to amalgamate. Two different classes of people are emerging, one is good by choice for the wellbeing of humanity and God's grand purpose, and another is evil deviant liars which only worry about greed, wealth, earthly pleasures, and their ego. Right in two they split.

It also says "angels are on the sideline."
It doesn't say Demons are on the sideline. Perhaps this is true, or perhaps angellic languages are harder to decipher with our human ears.

We are closer, at the moment, I think to demons so perhaps this is why it is easier for humans to communicate with them.

So basically there will be a split between good and evil, like a body of water that over time splits, with one side becoming fresh water and one salt water.

eslupminoyler
05-04-2006, 08:54 AM
The vision was actually a wavelenght that split, because two ends were polar.
The two ends became two whole's, one representing the soul and spirit of benevolence and the other malevolence.
Over time the two bodies became absolute. THere was no bad nature within Benevolence and no good nature within malevolence.
Then the two sides engaged in an epic war, a spiritual war. By the time the war ended everyone was dead but the war continued in the Heavens.

Malevolence was defeated, and sent to another dimension, with no escape back.
Sort of like a venus fly trap. There is a way out but not a way in.
Slowly the benevolence forgot that malevolence ever existed.

eslupminoyler
05-04-2006, 08:55 AM
it felt pretty awesome, especially because it wasn't drug induced, nor have their been lingering effects from recent drug use, since it ihas been a while

Dredg
05-04-2006, 11:40 AM
It seems as if true knowledge and benevolence in our world are starting to amalgamate. Two different classes of people are emerging, one is good by choice for the wellbeing of humanity and God's grand purpose, and another is evil deviant liars which only worry about greed, wealth, earthly pleasures, and their ego. Right in two they split.

maybe we should blow ourselves up for God's grand purpose so we can take out the deviant liars which only worry about greed.

It doesn't say Demons are on the sideline. Perhaps this is true, or perhaps angellic languages are harder to decipher with our human ears.

Perhaps you should take your magical thinking somewhere else, and not screw up society with more of your fearful superstitions.

So basically there will be a split between good and evil, like a body of water that over time splits, with one side becoming fresh water and one salt water.

sorry buddy, there is no such thing as good and evil. Good and Evil are subjective and man made.

It is good, to you, that your parents reproduced. However, to me, it is evil your parents reproduced with the result of you.

Volrath
05-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Wow, why are you being such a dick to the guy? He was just sharing something he thought was important to him.

Dredg
05-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Wow, why are you being such a dick to the guy? He was just sharing something he thought was important to him.

Because it didnt make sense and was unfounded. GROSSLY misinformed. I feel bad for the kid and his friends that were most likely told this story.

T-13h
05-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Because it didnt make sense and was unfounded. GROSSLY misinformed. I feel bad for the kid and his friends that were most likely told this story.

Shut the fuck up.

Edit: I don't go in for literal angels or demons, but from a metaphorical stand point it's a reasonable interpretation. And true.

Dredg
05-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Shut the fuck up.

Edit: I don't go in for literal angels or demons, but from a metaphorical stand point it's a reasonable interpretation. And true.

him suggesting this is evil in itself and needs to be brought to the topic posters awareness.

He is not talking metaphorically, he is talking literally...what do you want me to do? edit his post so he doesnt protray himself as a loon?

T-13h
05-04-2006, 12:03 PM
him suggesting this is evil in itself and needs to be brought to the topic posters awareness.

He is not talking metaphorically, he is talking literally...what do you want me to do? edit his post so he doesnt protray himself as a loon?

True, but by taking him metaphorically I thought it was somewhat reasonable.

I'm too nice, I suppose.

AguirreWrathOfTool
05-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok Dredg (who the hell goes on a Tool forum with another band as their name? And no, they're not the next Tool. Why? Because they aren't nearly as good.)...Seriously, send us links to your music/artwork/essays/blueprints and show us how you are the epoch of human consciousness manifest. Really, we'd all love to be enlightened by some sort of expression of your brilliance. Show us now how you are so much better than everyone else. Personally (and I don't think I'm alone) I think you're full of shit, so prove us wrong. Prove to us all how you should be Director of Music for the Tool Operation.

eslupminoyler
05-05-2006, 05:11 AM
I described a vision monkey. Perhaps you shouldn't take metaphorical insights at face value. I'd like to psychoanalyze your miscrient being. I'd fuck with your head for a while, and then decide to heal you out of charity and love.

Many movies, songs, and stories have been incepted by visions. Doesn't mean they are real, nor does it mean the individual which had the vision believes it is real.

My post doesn't say, "I had a vision when listening to this, and it was real. It is going to toll the decimationn of humanity."

Go suck your ego's dick some more by bashing unintelligently, without pragmatic cause or reason.

For God's sake come to terms with your self-loathing.

fulmination
05-06-2006, 08:40 AM
eslupminoyler, I like your vision. It's cool. I thought a little about it in relation to LOTR as well. Humans are the key with reason - ie: freedom, the Elves are the Angels and the Orcs/Ringwraiths are the ones who have chosen servitude to Sauron. The humans are split between good and evil in the tale, and at points, they are closer to the demons, but when they bond together with other beings (ie: Hobbits - of course Frodo plays no small part, Wizards etc) and each other as one, they can defeat the evil and attain true freedom (although I don't like the idea of the "king" - but hey, I don't agree with all of Tolkien's ideas either).

Middle Earth, Earth, Beyond Earth, Galactic, Another dimension, whatever... The battle is happening, and we must bond together to defeat servitude and become free.

Thinking alot about this issue - I mean the LOTR comparison might be stretching it, but whetever way I look at it, it's about humans having the free will to choose - therefore it's about freedom - and of course freedom is the ultimate product of reason. Right now, there are those of us who are reasoning and those of us who aren't, and the tug of war is beginning. The Angels are watching wondering where it will end - who will win?

Optimist or Pessimist? Don't really know which one I am yet - still getting a grip. Of course, every effort I undertake is driven by Optimism. I hope it isn't ill founded and I suspect others feel this way too...

Wonko The Sane
05-06-2006, 11:22 PM
8)

eslupminoyler
05-07-2006, 03:21 PM
eslupminoyler, I like your vision. It's cool. I thought a little about it in relation to LOTR as well. Humans are the key with reason - ie: freedom, the Elves are the Angels and the Orcs/Ringwraiths are the ones who have chosen servitude to Sauron. The humans are split between good and evil in the tale, and at points, they are closer to the demons, but when they bond together with other beings (ie: Hobbits - of course Frodo plays no small part, Wizards etc) and each other as one, they can defeat the evil and attain true freedom (although I don't like the idea of the "king" - but hey, I don't agree with all of Tolkien's ideas either).

Middle Earth, Earth, Beyond Earth, Galactic, Another dimension, whatever... The battle is happening, and we must bond together to defeat servitude and become free.

Thinking alot about this issue - I mean the LOTR comparison might be stretching it, but whetever way I look at it, it's about humans having the free will to choose - therefore it's about freedom - and of course freedom is the ultimate product of reason. Right now, there are those of us who are reasoning and those of us who aren't, and the tug of war is beginning. The Angels are watching wondering where it will end - who will win?

Optimist or Pessimist? Don't really know which one I am yet - still getting a grip. Of course, every effort I undertake is driven by Optimism. I hope it isn't ill founded and I suspect others feel this way too...

The war might be over already, and we might just be living in the last battle or skirmish. Maybe in the other galaxies evil has been obliterated. It was just strongest in The Milky Way. So like in LOTR; Sauron and Melkor were defeated, but small skirmishes in the darkest places continue (like Moria).

Matt8
05-07-2006, 03:24 PM
okie doke.

Opiate_Mass
05-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Well I took the lyrics mostly literal, and therefore a relation can be seen to such books as the one "Constantine" was based on.

We are closer, at the moment, I think to demons so perhaps this is why it is easier for humans to communicate with them.

get lost, fucking churchie........

Opiate_Mass
05-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Ok Dredg (who the hell goes on a Tool forum with another band as their name?
Someone who's not a noob? (unlike you)

Matt8
05-07-2006, 03:34 PM
TOOL FORUM FOR TOOL FANS ONLY!!!

jokes. personally i love japanese synth pop...

also a joke but if i did i could still like tool couldnt i? please approve of me!

eslupminoyler
05-07-2006, 03:38 PM
get lost, fucking churchie........

Thanks for calling me a churchie. Considering I haven't been in a while.

It made me feel good inside. I'm not being sarcastic.

Seriously, thank you.

You just lifted me up.

Matt8
05-07-2006, 03:39 PM
PRAISE JESUS!