PDA

View Full Version : It could well be about the genie from pee wee's playhouse

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-04-2006, 07:19 AM
hes wishing it all away and what happened in the playhouse when pee wee said i wish? jambi came out!

it could weel be about the genie

also when he says "i would if i could wish it away", of course he cant wish it away, jambi is just a character in a childrens tv programme

perhaps the song is about how devo felt at the loss of his grandmother, or peraps devo is the only thing that gets MJK through. hmmmmmm i dunno. let the slagging off begin.

Vondruke
05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
There is little doubt 'Jambi' is at the least a play on the genie from Pee Wee.
Jambi used to get the wishes wrong and fuck things up even worse than when they started.

I think he's conveying a feeling of guilt about wishing darker things into existence and now that he's seeing things through the spectrum of a parent, he's wanting to wish it all away.

Almost as if he had made a wish to Jambi.
"I want to be an artist and sing about the darkness and underbelly of man."
(that's a very basic statement but it gets the explanation done)

So he gets his wish, and sees now that maybe he wishes he hadn't brought such negative connotations along, for the sake of his son. He doesn't like the fame as much as he thought, he doesn't want creepy meatheads hassling his family, he doesn't want his son to grow up in this world that worships darkness. He tried to lead the horse to water, they didn't drink, he wants to wish it all away.

And I think he's saying Jambi, fuck this wish back up, turn it around.
Jambi-ized, Damn my eyes for they see what I've wrought.
Shine on benevolent son.

something like that

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-04-2006, 04:08 PM
There is little doubt 'Jambi' is at the least a play on the genie from Pee Wee.
Jambi used to get the wishes wrong and fuck things up even worse than when they started.

I think he's conveying a feeling of guilt about wishing darker things into existence and now that he's seeing things through the spectrum of a parent, he's wanting to wish it all away.

Almost as if he had made a wish to Jambi.
"I want to be an artist and sing about the darkness and underbelly of man."
(that's a very basic statement but it gets the explanation done)

So he gets his wish, and sees now that maybe he wishes he hadn't brought such negative connotations along, for the sake of his son. He doesn't like the fame as much as he thought, he doesn't want creepy meatheads hassling his family, he doesn't want his son to grow up in this world that worships darkness. He tried to lead the horse to water, they didn't drink, he wants to wish it all away.

And I think he's saying Jambi, fuck this wish back up, turn it around.
Jambi-ized, Damn my eyes for they see what I've wrought.
Shine on benevolent son.

something like that

yeah you have a good point. not sure u totally right, but its not possibly to be totally right when ur interpetting. good point.

i'm kinda fed up of these theads, i jsut wanna enjoy the music really, shouldnt have got caught up in al this bullshit really.

gamegod195
05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
meka leka hi, meka hiney ho!!!