PDA

View Full Version : The Two Searchs

euthanasia
03-31-2003, 09:30 AM
What are the two truly Human Quest? Generalizing, throughout history and humanity. What do we desire?
Power. Power translated to whatever grants it. Power over something. Well, why kid ourselves? Power over someone, if not, everyone. Power is strenght, phisical, tactical, mental and finally economical. This can all be resumed by the True Human Wisemen and their Celestial Task. The Alchemists and the Philosopher's Stone. The power to have instant gold, by doing so, having instant Power. Money talks, shit walks.

But that is not all. The Power Hunt will only bring pleasure and security for some time, for just the Half of the problem. Because just around the corner, the true problem lies. The one thing scares us the most. The one thing no Power can yet defeat. Death.

And what do we do to stand up against death? We accept it of course.
Yes, Im laughing too. Of course we deny it totally, and the very naming of Death gives us our worst nightmares.
So, we use all our Power, to find something to trick Death. And that is the quest for Inmortality. That is what we all want, deep beneath us. Please do not deny it. That is also the Elixir of Life, once again, a quest for the Alchemist.

So what does this mean? Beats me. I just putted the cards on the table. This was not to prove anything. Just thinking out loud, but at least Im thinking.
So what do you think?

Conan_McMurtrie
03-31-2003, 10:31 AM
Well...I think acceptance is not a trick of power. I think that kind of acceptance would be quite superficial. It would be like "yeah, I accept my death, I'm a great, holy guy" and underneath your hurting real bad. Real acceptance is renouncing power, and paradoxically, gives man the opportunity to overpower his own death.

But anyway fuck phyloranthing. You sound like you've been reading U.G. Krishnamurti dude! If you have, I'll tell ya, its not worth adopting as some kind of life-phylosophy. I think life should be lived, not figured out. But that's easier said than done.