PDA

View Full Version : Most Spiritual Moment??

bloodydecember
05-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Im not sure if it's been covered but what do you think has been your most spiritual Tool moment, in general. Tool has done some great things with music and art over the past decade and a half and has produced some of the most inciteful moments of my life. Tool has really been a major influence to me musically (im in a band) and spiritually. What's your best or most spiritual Tool moment? This is mine:

I was bored last night so I decided to take my spanking new copy of 10,000 days out for a drive in the county. It was nice outside so the windows were down and the music wasn't too loud but loud enough to where it filled my car and consumed my thoughts. "10,000 days (wings pt. 2)" is the first track that I go to and it seemed to fit perfectly with the night. I lost myself in the music and eleven minutes and thirteen seconds later I found that I was almost in the next city. I have never been so completely immersed in music, including when I'm playing. I can't begin to describe what it felt like but it was the closest to an epiphony one can reach without actually attaining some form of essence. Thank God for Tool...

The Dark Jester
05-03-2006, 07:56 PM
One night i was just feeling terrible, and not just in the physical sense. I put on Lateralus and just as you said, I didn't have it up tremendously loud but just loud enough to where it totally consumed me. I simply felt such a release when Maynard started in on "With my feet upon the ground...." I just layed on the floor of my room and wept. I literally get shivers every time I here that song, and especially that particular part.

eyedriht
01-05-2008, 12:41 PM
mine was probably when I found out my mother had a terminal brain disease and I came home from the hospital really late at night completly drained. I turned on Wings for Marie super loud, laid down on my bed and just started weeping. The song just felt like it was written for me at that moment... That is a very straightforward song in my opinion. and the things maynard describes are exactly how I felt, and still feel to some degree. It does such a good job of going from sorrow to anger... wich is a very common reaction to a death of someone so close to you. But I've rambled on enough...

Arkham Asylum
01-05-2008, 12:53 PM
The following line(s) in "Reflection" made me cry once:

"And you will come to find that we are all one mind,
capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable."

Nothing makes me cry.

Tool_Is_Sick
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I second that. ^^

iAMtheMA!
01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
< yeah, that kick this guy's ass... rebirf.
(third)

Tool_Is_Sick
01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
huh? I honestly didnt understand any of that. maybe the < yeah part...???

Arkham Asylum
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
huh? I honestly didnt understand any of that. maybe the < yeah part...???

He's saying he agrees with you and me (he thirds the opinion) and that those lines from "Reflection" were like a rebirth for him.

!AMtheMA! is one of the most unique posters on TDN, though each and every one of us has a distinct language. You'll learn them as you explore the forums.

Tool_Is_Sick
01-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Understood.

iAMtheMA!
01-08-2008, 12:53 AM
yeah, i get it now. thank you.

Tool_Is_Sick
01-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Im sorry...I didnt understand your summary of a possible Five word sentence.

TWENTY-THREE
01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
10,00o Days part II has made me cry also, especially during the "Jazz" Bass climax. There's something about tool that, I don't know, is beyond anything many bads have and ever can achieve before. The knowledge and cultural awareness that Tool has is also remarkable.