PDA

View Full Version : the artwork

DRoehl
05-03-2006, 07:07 PM
I have seen alot of people dissing the art work by saying that its cheesy and or its a "gimmick" personally I think its neat but I do agree its a gimmick.

its a gimmick because that is what artist have to do to sell records. I really wonder how many people bought the album, even though they had it already just to get the art work. I am guilty of Dlin the leak and even though I am not impressed by the cd at all I bought it out of support for the band and their efforts, even though they are not apreciative of fans at all.
anyways I think that the art work is a gimmick to encourage people to buy a cd that could be VERY easily obtained via the internet. but I really don't blame them for it many artist are doing stuff like this. I guess its just the evolution of the music industry. flame away!!!

tempathy
05-03-2006, 07:14 PM
hold on, i'm going to stop you right there and quote something you just said...

even though they are not apreciative of fans at all.

alright...one more time?

i am incompetent and have no idea what i'm talking about.

oh okay.

Kaiyuss
05-03-2006, 07:19 PM
It's a gimmick just like Aenima's and Laterlus' was.

DRoehl
05-03-2006, 07:20 PM
wow great job copying and pasting.... if you don't have any thing to say about the topic why waste your time with stupid ass stab at someone over the internet... if I am so incompetent.... why would you (some one of GREAT mental abilities) reply to me. part of being brilliant is also being humble and know that you don't know everything and in fact you know nothing because everything that YOU know is only relative to your reality...

fuck off!

tempathy
05-03-2006, 07:27 PM
hey tool doesn't appreciate you.. your corner is waiting

GelatiCruiser
05-03-2006, 07:41 PM
hold on, i'm going to stop you right there and quote something you just said...

alright...one more time?

oh okay.

lol

Culb
05-03-2006, 07:51 PM
I thought the artwork was worth the 10 dollars by itself. Alex Grey is a beast.

eonphi
05-04-2006, 09:47 AM
i bought it because i wanted to supposrt tool...i didn;t need to buy the disk because i already had the music...but i'm glad i did, the artwork is awsome

Melon
05-04-2006, 09:58 AM
i bought it because i wanted to supposrt tool...i didn;t need to buy the disk because i already had the music...but i'm glad i did, the artwork is awsome

The artwork is gimmicky but so the fuck what its awesome. When i bought the cd the artwork was a kickass bonus.

DeathByPain
05-04-2006, 11:05 AM
The packaging was worth the $10 by itself in my opinion. I didn't really look at it when I grabbed it off the shelf and I thought the wierd circly thing (the glasses) was some kind of theft prevention device and I expected the cashier to remove it before giving it to me... When I realized it was a pair of stereoscopic specs I totally shit the bed - in stereo!

Anyone else notice in Adam's picture what looks like a real-life old-school pair of stereoscopic specs and a handful of the accompanying cards right in front of him on the desK? I got to play with one that looked just like that in a museum some time back; was pretty cool.