PDA

View Full Version : I've Had an Epiphany, i think.

bugchaser
05-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Just listened to the Pot..... and I realized... that chosen shades of indigo are....blues! so it's like.... reefer blues. AND.... lemon juice is....ACID!!! So you've got reefer blues when you squirt acid in your eye!!! like Albert Hofmann or the guy in Rosetta Stoned, or George Bush, or college students everywhere, this is everyman's tale. I think it just might be extraordinarily clever wordplay on maynard's count. *applauds*

ArizonaBay
05-04-2006, 06:49 AM
What are you babbling on about?

davelisowski
05-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Just listened to the Pot..... and I realized... that chosen shades of indigo are....blues! so it's like.... reefer blues. AND.... lemon juice is....ACID!!! So you've got reefer blues when you squirt acid in your eye!!! like Albert Hofmann or the guy in Rosetta Stoned, or George Bush, or college students everywhere, this is everyman's tale. I think it just might be extraordinarily clever wordplay on maynard's count. *applauds*

Huh? Are you, perhaps, on "the pot"?

Squirt acid in your eye?

You need to elaborate...

bugchaser
05-04-2006, 07:01 AM
sorry. What are chosen shades of indigo? indigo is a shade of blue. therefore chosen shades of indigo are blues. They said this was their "blues" album. Put that line together, and you have "reefer blues." Next line. What is lemon juice? It is acidic. So you've got acid up in your (high) eye. What happens when you get acid, as in LSD, in your eye? You trip fucking balls and Rosetta Stoned happens. you musta been high.

SgtClueLs
05-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Indigo also might refer to "Indigo Children", the next supposed evolution of humanity. <Shrug>

nevermore
05-04-2006, 09:04 AM
or the Indigo Girls...you can forget them...eez.

ktrip
05-04-2006, 05:05 PM
i think its refering to indigo children, cos of the lines "weeping shades of indigo, trapped without a reason".

indigo children are sposed to run around saving everyone from certain doom by heightening the collective consciouness...

maybe what tool are saying, is that cos everyone is too busy zombifying infront of the tv, the indigos are here for no reason. they cant do their jobs. and thats why they're weeping....

"The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad." -Friedrich Nietzsche

bugchaser
05-04-2006, 05:28 PM
that shit sounds made-up, sorry

ktrip
05-04-2006, 05:36 PM
thats ok, cos if we are one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively, then ofcourse, all this reality is made-up. its just another belief, what makes it any more wrong or right or made up than christianity, or scientology, or any ol belief system.

just cos your not a participant in that belief system [which, might i add, i am not], doesnt mean you should insult it.

besides, you dont have to believe in a concept to use it in a song as metaphor.

and it makes alot more sense in the context of the song than:

"lemon juice = acid = LSD up in your high eye = Rosetta Stoned = the Reefer Blues"

so dont be throwin your stones around....

Alcawhorlick
05-04-2006, 06:44 PM
that shit sounds made-up, sorry

your posts sound stupid :(

bugchaser
05-05-2006, 07:03 AM
The Indigo Children is a book by Lee Carroll, a channeler for an entity he calls Kryon, and his wife Jan Tober.

Carroll was an economics major who ran a technical audio business for 30 years until a visit to a psychic prompted a New Age midlife crisis. He found religion and started traveling around the world giving "self-help" seminars. Accompanying him was Tober, a practitioner of metaphysics and hands-on healing as well as a jazz singer who had toured with Benny Goodman and Fred Astaire (Krider 2002).

Sorry, but this is bullshit... come on.

jakethesnake
05-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Puttin Acid in your eye is real. I know a girl who used to do it all the time.

Whether or not that relates to the song however is another story...

foursixandtwo
05-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Indigo also might refer to "Indigo Children", the next supposed evolution of humanity. <Shrug>

I don't know if this is relevant to anything but this is what the color indigo symbolizes::

INDIGO:
is the color that indicates dignity, tranquility, higher intuition, psychic powers, and trustworthiness. It is as calming and shares many traits with blue but being darker the affect is more intense and powerful. Since indigo has some of the shading of violet, it shares some of the traits of violet as well.it provides calm and coolness without cooling your intent. In hindu belief, it is the color of the thrid eye chakra

Baayne
05-07-2006, 05:54 PM
does anyoget get the reference to "kangaroo" in this song other than that i have to say i can see a certain likeness to the "dubya" in this and a large degree of refrence to the "katrina" actions taken by said party. dubya clearly must have been out his mind.

AlltheteainChina
05-07-2006, 07:13 PM

can I have some of that shit? <3