PDA

View Full Version : books in dannys pic.....

iavio
05-03-2006, 06:03 PM
from toolarmy.

Q: "Was wondering which books are in Danny's pic in the new CD art? Do like the framed Crowley art on the wall behind! Nice."

A: If I remember correctly, the books include Danny's first edition of Crowley's "THE BOOK OF THOTH" (1944), an early version of John Dee's "A TRUE AND FAITHFUL RELATION...", my first edition copy of Crowley's "THE BOOK OF LIES" (1913) and my first (American) edition of "THE GOETIA" (1904) which, of course, all the gooey Cheetos fingers wanted to examine, either Danny's or my 1919 first edition of "THE (BLUE) EQUINOX, VOL III, No 1 (we both brought a copy to the photo shoot), a first edition ENOCHIAN DICTIONARY (Askin Publishing), "THE AZOETIA" by Andrew D. Chumbley (Sethos edition), some assorted (undated) grimoires that Danny owns, and a purple leather-bound copy of "IJYNX" (specially bound by Darian Drake, and of which there are only three copies) which I rather mischievously placed on the stack. I can't remember if we used Danny's 1st edition copy of Crowley's "THE SWORD OF SONG" (1904), but I know it was there. There are probably a few other titles that I'm forgetting, and until I get a copy of the CD and check out the photo, I won't know for sure.

As for the framed art on the wall that you mention, it's not Crowley; it's Kenneth and Steffi Grant's "THE CARFAX MONOGRAPHS" (circa 1950s), which are original pen and ink drawings by Steffi Grant (and in case you are wondering, yes, they are extremely rare).

"I don't know about that damn eagle, but there were only 200 copies of this Book of Thoth."