PDA

View Full Version : the pot = MesoPOTamia

Crowl
05-03-2006, 05:25 PM
i think the pot refers to the mess in Messopotamia....and the seattle show sucked balls....way sub par for tool...felt like i was part of somesort of scripted machine

paraflux
05-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Now this is an intense interpretation.

Dr. Jake Destructo
05-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm beginning to see where you're going with this theory.

11Reflections11
05-04-2006, 02:26 AM
Ooo I like. Haha Daily Show used to use this as the title for thier segments about Iraq. Anyone remember that?

Mr. Fetus
05-04-2006, 09:49 AM
yeah i remember that, and i think its an interesting interpretation. I personally dont believe that is what is refered to but, I do believe that all of MJK's songs are left to open interpretation and that is the reason rarely expresses the meanings of the songs. He doesnt want to spoon feed us meanings of things that i feel are much more fun to interpret for your self and connect them to things you are familiar with.

11Reflections11
05-04-2006, 09:27 PM
yeah i remember that, and i think its an interesting interpretation. I personally dont believe that is what is refered to but, I do believe that all of MJK's songs are left to open interpretation and that is the reason rarely expresses the meanings of the songs. He doesnt want to spoon feed us meanings of things that i feel are much more fun to interpret for your self and connect them to things you are familiar with.
Word Up To That.

bogsnarth
05-05-2006, 01:11 AM
Ooo I like. Haha Daily Show used to use this as the title for thier segments about Iraq. Anyone remember that?
they still do, they just do fewer stories about it.

btw the region is called Mesopotamia, not Messopotamia.

edit: ps, i disregard this theory on the basis of sheer ridiculousness.

Crowl
05-05-2006, 09:57 AM
sheer ridiculousness?....maybe if you thought about it in context of the song instead of focusing on spelling you'd 'get it'

bogsnarth
05-05-2006, 05:55 PM
the sheer ridiculousness has nothing to do with the misspelling.

it's just a ludicrously, outrageously, nun-punchingly stupid idea.

imo.

Crowl
05-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Who are you to wave your finger?
So full of it
Fuckin' hypocrite

oogabooga
05-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Tool's songs aren't that deep. They're a band, they've jammed, and now Maynard is having fun messing with your minds.

Hell, I'd do the same.

bogsnarth
05-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Who are you to wave your finger?
So full of it
Fuckin' hypocrite
i'm not waving my fingers (or any other appendages) at anyone, and i fail to see how anything i said was hypocritical.

people should know what words mean before using them, imnshmfo

IC
05-06-2006, 07:44 PM
i think the pot refers to the mess in Messopotamia
no.

mica
05-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Anyone ever thought the whole "pot " reference might be more along the lines of the "pot calling the kettle black" ....

mica
05-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Oops... didn't actually see the "pot calling the kettle black" post till after I wrote that :)

Crowl
05-07-2006, 11:30 AM
you didnt waive anything boggy, you're just full of yourself....we try to have an enjoyable conversation about a possible take on the song and you come along and piss in our black kettle with your pretentious bullshit.......if grammatical inconsistencies are all you have to add...'then silently save your poison and stay out of my way'

HalfASandwidch
05-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh... My... God...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

bogsnarth
05-07-2006, 03:31 PM
you didnt waive anything boggy, you're just full of yourself....we try to have an enjoyable conversation about a possible take on the song and you come along and piss in our black kettle with your pretentious bullshit.......if grammatical inconsistencies are all you have to add...'then silently save your poison and stay out of my way'
quote tool at me again and see what happens.

but anyway, i don't think there's anything to add to the conversation.. first of all, you just tossed the idea out there, and didn't provide any sort of interpretation to back it up.. i can't very well refute the points you failed to make.

and secondly, i actually agree totally with Mr Fetus's post, but since he already said it, i figured i'd just add some good ol' fashioned humor into the mix.

i mean come on, who takes a guy that uses "nun-punchingly" as an adjective seriously?

it's so obviously an adverb.

oogabooga
05-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Watch out everyone, Badass has memorized Tool's lyrics, and isn't afraid to use them!