PDA

View Full Version : From the perspective of the TV??

ufopancakes
05-03-2006, 02:18 PM
I dont know... its really depends on weather or not Maynard says "I OWN the TV" or "I AM the TV" in the beginning... becuase I can kinda hear both....

But the song makes a lot of sense from the perspective from the TV.... because VIcarious means basically "been there done that" from my understanding.

"Vicariously I live, while the whole world dies"

any thoughts? Or has this already been discussed?

ufopancakes
05-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Okay nevermind... I just listened to it again, and he is most definetly saying OWN. Still an interesting thought.

jgrune
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Okay nevermind... I just listened to it again, and he is most definetly saying OWN. Still an interesting thought.
Could it possibly say "eye on the tv"?

smeefsmeef
05-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Could it possibly say "eye on the tv"?

good call, dude (or dudette)

zol
05-03-2006, 11:46 PM
I think we got our answer.

I'm off to watch the news...

ufopancakes
05-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I was never as good at dissecting Maynards vocals as I am Adams guitar playing.

#Notion
05-04-2006, 04:23 PM
From the perspective of the TV, the song is not very fair at all. The TV finds itself the source of all of the horrible desensitization experienced by it's viewers, when really all of this horrid waste pouring out of it's tube is really not it's own at all. After all, the TV is just a messenger, a satellite, a reflection of that which is portrayed by the animals behind it's reason fo rexistent. It is stuck in a place with no chance to change and must simply be the symbolism of degredation for the world.

Yeah from the perspective of the TV< Vicarious is a fucked up song.

brillo
05-05-2006, 05:15 AM
that's exactly the point.
a lot of poeople just can't "admit it". where it stands for
"the universe is hostile
so impersonal
devour to survive
so it is, so it's always been ...

we all feed on tragedy
Iit's like blood to a vampire"

..instead, we have a lot of media demonisation.