PDA

View Full Version : the chorus in jambi is......

fendius
05-03-2006, 12:57 PM
to my ears, full of mistakes, i love all new tool, and love this song, but when i get to the chorus i cringe, cant say it wasnt meant to be played this way, but it seems like i can hear them not hitting the notes and drums together, and i swear i can hear danny hit his rim a couple times.... then the vocals are repeating, which maynard has done, but with a line like that?... seems little strange??

Mr. Fetus
05-03-2006, 01:46 PM
I think that you may be on an addictive substance...

avedic
05-04-2006, 08:03 AM
eh...would help if you mentioned what the "chorus" is. i can't find anything in jambi that's an obvious chorus in the traditional sense of the term.

fendius
05-04-2006, 01:50 PM
wish it away...

TheHolyGift
05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I would say this is one of two moments on this album where they fall flat on their faces. Luckily they recover here with that headbanging riff and the solo.

passenger#44213
05-04-2006, 05:39 PM
to my ears, full of mistakes, i love all new tool, and love this song, but when i get to the chorus i cringe, cant say it wasnt meant to be played this way, but it seems like i can hear them not hitting the notes and drums together, and i swear i can hear danny hit his rim a couple times.... then the vocals are repeating, which maynard has done, but with a line like that?... seems little strange??

So your refering to "i would....i would....i would" and so on??

I personally dont hear any missed skins on Danny's part. But I'll try again later with headphones.

BUT i have this to say.

How long were they in the studio?...by any normal bands standards...a long fucking time.

now in most environments when you've got more than say...a month to do actual recording, which now doubt tool had, as soon as a musician makes a mistake, the recording stops. If Danny actually missed his the skin entirly, what is the chance they he didnt notice, and everyone in the control room wasn't listening at the time, and EVERY time they decided to listen to this song during mixing and mastering they just werent concentrationg on drums?

Now im not gonna say your NOT hearing this, but, if its there, its supposed to be.