PDA

View Full Version : additional vocals

blair's man sausage
05-03-2006, 12:06 PM
does anyone else notice what seems to be backing vocals during parts of the song?

i may have just been hi

Faltering
05-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Hmmmm...by backing vocals do you mean someone singing WITH Maynard, or...are you referring to something that I have noticed as well...

Not sure if THIS has been mentioned before either, but, I noticed this much:

If you have The Pot turned up loud enough, just before he sings, "Who are you to wave your finger", you can hear "Who are you to"...It's almost as if he's echoing his own voice...Very subtley but still audible, you can hear those same words from the intro being sang at a much, MUCH lower volume BEFORE the full vocals come in right after. Thus, the "echoing." Clearly, the full vocals aren't intended an echo, seeing as how they are what's meant to be heard at the full volume, but, I just thought the quiet "fore-vocals" were kind of interesting.

Anyone else heard it?

I'm sure it's been heard by countless people by now, but, I haven't gotten a chance to hear the album as many times as I'd like to. The drivers on my computer for the cd-drive are in ruins, unfortunately.

mrmoopy33
05-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I believe they are set in there to give more depth to the song. The echoing possibly signifying the "voice" being unheard and the message being pointless because the person won't listen anyway. Or possibly that he is standing alone on this trying to convince that if no one stands up the little voice (we) do have fades away in the vasteness of the echoes.

Faltering
05-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Hm...possibly, lol. It's tough to say really. It's such a subtle thing that it's really anyone's guess, I suppose.

Interesting perspective none the less.

grady
05-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I noticed it as well. And it's much more appearent on the leak... Back i nthe day when we recorded on actuallt tape...you would sometimes get that pre dealy thing. (listen to the begining of "black dog" by Zep.) So i'm assuming since Toll most likely doesnt record analog...they put that in there to have that feel.