PDA

View Full Version : This is really a stretch...

Mosis
05-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Does anyone else think that the art has an "old" feel to it?

And no, I don't mean "rehashed Grey artwork lol how unoriginal," I mean, the pictures themselves (especially of the band members) are not of a contemporary setting. The setting looks to be out of the early 1900s... their suits, the candles in the Raven pic, the old telephone, the stuff on Danny's desk. Even the logo page and the track list has an archaic feel to it.

Now why is this significant? Well, everyone knows that there are obvious references to past works in nearly every song on this album. Do you think the artwork is an official acknowledgement from the band that they made a conscious decision to throw in some Third Eye, 46&2, The Patient, Schism, etc. etc. references in the new work?

Just a thought.

MorfiusX
05-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Wasn't the rumors section closed...

(sorry, must be my turn to be a dick)

martyr_02
05-03-2006, 12:16 PM
no, its just an image, something different. Maybe one of them saw a sherlock holmes movie or something and went "Yup, that's what we'll do" although it does fit the band quite well, not so much for danny and maynard, but Justin and Adam look good.

NAD
05-03-2006, 01:34 PM
I keep trying to take Maynard's wine.

so0l
05-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Does anyone else think that the art has an "old" feel to it?

yes

unfortunatly, imo, the "old" feel of the photographs clashes with the "new" feel of the alex grey stuff....not that im complaining, its all beautiful and the best put together package i've seen....im just nit picking ;)

narek238
05-03-2006, 10:39 PM
I keep trying to take Maynard's wine.
that made me lol :)

apathetic goat
05-04-2006, 12:06 AM
I had this feeling of them all being old-school scientist/alchemist type people.

Fritz
05-04-2006, 09:41 AM
considering stereoscopic glasses and pictures were all the rage a century ago I think it is just a nod to a medium that hasn't had much use as of late.