PDA

View Full Version : Pieces as the band members

4th Eye
03-30-2003, 02:39 PM
A thought crossed my mind...
This song might be about the band itself. The schism, the separation happened when Paul left the band and the pieces tumbled down. Then the pieces were brought back when acquiring Justin and the pieces fit cuz they're still making awesome music. No fault, none to blame for the separation though. Tool has rediscovered communication of their music and lyrics although Paul left.

Tool is a whole which consists of four pieces.

Just some thoughts while tired as hell...

Jip
03-30-2003, 02:59 PM
It makes sense. But Tool doesn't seem like the kind of band that would write a song about that sorta thing.

Edman
04-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by 4th Eye
A thought crossed my mind...
This song might be about the band itself. The schism, the separation happened when Paul left the band and the pieces tumbled down. Then the pieces were brought back when acquiring Justin and the pieces fit cuz they're still making awesome music. No fault, none to blame for the separation though. Tool has rediscovered communication of their music and lyrics although Paul left.

Tool is a whole which consists of four pieces.

Just some thoughts while tired as hell...

Don't forget "Between supposed brothers/lovers"

numb...
05-05-2003, 11:39 PM
"It makes sense. But Tool doesn't seem like the kind of band that would write a song about that sorta thing."

Dude I hate that.. Why not, do you know them personally? I think its a valid point, and tools song seem to be about moments in time, states of mind, it would of been a hard time for them to keep going... the music is about emotion, emotion is triggered by things like that. Just cause you feel the need to shut down every statement that is'nt what you think the meaning is'nt wanted,

the post was pointless bro.

Be original.

Be intelligent.