PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm back to Aenima now

rachmiel4
05-03-2006, 06:45 AM
But I took Rosetta with me, at least. Added it to my Aenima playlist, right in front of Third Eye.

I guess Aenima's just more fun.

Oberon
05-03-2006, 06:46 AM
But I took Rosetta with me, at least. Added it to my Aenima playlist, right in front of Third Eye.

Aenima's just more fun, I guess.

Cesaro Summability into Rosetta?

=( =( Lost Keys is the best track on 10,000 Days

Volrath
05-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Euhm don't let the door hit you on the way out?

STA
05-03-2006, 06:47 AM
=( =( Lost Keys is the best track on 10,000 Days

How's that, now?

Oberon
05-03-2006, 06:49 AM
How's that, now?

actually, its not, vicarious is. but aside from vicarious, i like lost keys. The dialogue makes me happy, and the high pitched feed back part is really cool to listen to.

rachmiel4
05-03-2006, 06:52 AM
actually, its not, vicarious is. but aside from vicarious, i like lost keys. The dialogue makes me happy, and the high pitched feed back part is really cool to listen to.

Maybe I should include that with Rosetta... (-) Ions into Lost Keys into Rosetta into Third Eye.

Wait... a segue into a segue? Can that be? Oh, nevermind, Tool already pioneered that on 10kd.

And Third Eye is too profound not to be the closer.

Volrath
05-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Wait... a segue into a segue? Can that be? Oh, nevermind, Tool already pioneered that on 10kd.

Lost Keys is not a segue, it's an intro. So from a purely objective standpoint your statement is wrong.

STA
05-03-2006, 06:56 AM
And Third Eye is too profound not to be the closer.

Third Eye is the weakest track on Aenima, imo. I love the Salival version, however; it's much more full and powerful.

I've seen a lot of people on this forum compare Rosetta Stoned to Third Eye. Rosetta Stoned seems to me to be on a completely different level.

rachmiel4
05-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Lost Keys is not a segue, it's an intro. So from a purely objective standpoint your statement is wrong.

Do you think you are purely objective?

Oberon
05-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Third Eye is the weakest track on Aenima, imo. I love the Salival version, however; it's much more full and powerful.

I've seen a lot of people on this forum compare Rosetta Stoned to Third Eye. Rosetta Stoned seems to me to be on a completely different level.

??? Salival third eye is nearly identical to Aenima Third Eye. The only difference is that maynard sings a different pitch in the chorus and they don't rock out on the closing part as much

Oberon
05-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Do you think you are purely objective?

well its pretty clear that there's a difference between a segue and an intro (mantra vs. parabol).

SeventhSphere
05-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Intermission, Eon, Parabol, Disposition, Wings for Marie, Lost Keys = Intro's
Idiot, Manback, Eier, Cesaro, Ions, Mantra, Lipan, VT: Segues
In my opinion.....

STA
05-03-2006, 06:59 AM
??? Salival third eye is nearly identical to Aenima Third Eye. The only difference is that maynard sings a different pitch in the chorus and they don't rock out on the closing part as much

Really? I find it much more rockin' on Salival. It also just sounds better to my ears.

rachmiel4
05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
well its pretty clear that there's a difference between a segue and an intro (mantra vs. parabol).

But you implied you are purely objective, which you are not. No one is innocent.

Oberon
05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
But you implied you are purely objective, which you are not. No one is innocent.

Actually that wasn't me, it was Volrath. And he didn't imply that HE was objective, he was just saying that what he was saying at that moment was objective

rachmiel4
05-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Actually that wasn't me, it was Volrath. And he didn't imply that HE was objective, he was just saying that what he was saying at that moment was objective

Conspiracy!

Oberon
05-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Really? I find it much more rockin' on Salival. It also just sounds better to my ears.

Well, there's no accounting for taste, i just don't really find them to be much different. I love the salival version, but the fact that they truncate the ending (for god knows what reason) is always disappointing.

They didn't truncate it when i saw them though!!!!

STA
There's no reason why objective truths can't exist in a world populated entirely by subjective perceivers. It's just a question of whether we can have knowledge of those truths, or of what use knowledge of those truths might be.

Anyway, I'm inclined to label Lost Keys an intro, not a segue.

RiffBP

that's because rosetta stoned quotes the main guitar riff from third eye almost verbatim, changing it up only with metric augmentations. that doesn't change the fact that it rocks though.

YouSirAreAnIdiot
I'm back to Cher.

STA
05-03-2006, 07:06 AM
that's because rosetta stoned quotes the main guitar riff from third eye almost verbatim, changing it up only with metric augmentations. that doesn't change the fact that it rocks though.

I guess I'm not hearing that. I'm not even sure what the "main riff" from Rosetta Stoned is; that song is all over the place.

Though, now that you mention it, I can see how the "Strapped down / to my bed" etc. part is similar to the "Prying open my third eye" part of Third Eye.

Oberon
05-03-2006, 07:08 AM
I guess I'm not hearing that. I'm not even sure what the "main riff" from Rosetta Stoned is; that song is all over the place.

Though, now that you mention it, I can see how the "Strapped down / to my bed" etc. part is similar to the "Prying open my third eye" part of Third Eye.

2:57 in Rosetta. "And it opened my eye... and there we were."

STA
05-03-2006, 07:16 AM
2:57 in Rosetta. "And it opened my eye... and there we were."

Yep, got it...thanks.

I hope this doesn't ruin Rosetta for me.

eonphi
05-03-2006, 07:24 AM
I'm back to Cher.
ha, he thinks he's funny

Mortal Moxie
05-03-2006, 07:58 AM

I guess Aenima's just more fun.

You're one of those people who get stuck in an era.

I saw a guy yesterday witha curly puffy mullet, and his girlfriend had wild curly frizzed up bangs and long permed hair.

I was like "holy fuck those 2 got stuck in the 80's" The 80's for them was probably their best times in life. They probably had lots of friends and partied alot and had a generally great time. They can't abandon that lifestyle. Even 20 years later.

You are the same. Aenima was a redefining album for you. You loved it so much that you can't move away from it. You can't listen to anything else.

You got stuck man, it shows.

I love 10kD, but I also love Aenima. The diference betwene you and I is that I move on in life. I mature. I progress as the band has progressed. I'm constantly changing as all humans should be. Tool is doing the same. And if you can't change in the grand scheme of things, then you cant change your taste for Tool either.

You've made that clear to us now.

Listen to Aenima. It's who you are.

Stuck.

rachmiel4
05-05-2006, 04:52 PM
You're one of those people who get stuck in an era.

I saw a guy yesterday witha curly puffy mullet, and his girlfriend had wild curly frizzed up bangs and long permed hair.

I was like "holy fuck those 2 got stuck in the 80's" The 80's for them was probably their best times in life. They probably had lots of friends and partied alot and had a generally great time. They can't abandon that lifestyle. Even 20 years later.

You are the same. Aenima was a redefining album for you. You loved it so much that you can't move away from it. You can't listen to anything else.

You got stuck man, it shows.

I love 10kD, but I also love Aenima. The diference betwene you and I is that I move on in life. I mature. I progress as the band has progressed. I'm constantly changing as all humans should be. Tool is doing the same. And if you can't change in the grand scheme of things, then you cant change your taste for Tool either.

You've made that clear to us now.

Listen to Aenima. It's who you are.

Stuck.

::burps::

HateSolstice
05-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Honestly, why are people arguing over the stupid shit on these albums?

I didn't like Third Eye THAT much(although it is pretty cool the first couple times through), and I admit Rossetta Stoned is easier to listen to when I have the assumed lyrics in front of me, not to mention it's pretty damned funny, but I don't see how they're ground-breaking or mind-blowing. Of course, I've never tripped on LSD or any other mind-altering drug either. Weed is about it, and I haven't done that in a few years either.

For me, Lateralus was their best album, although 10k Days is getting there with each listen through. Don't get me wrong, Ænima will always be up there with my favorite albums(right next to Lateralus and 10k Days), and Forty-Six & 2 will probably always be my all-time favorite song, but they have become a much better band since then.

But to sit there and say that the little intermissions in between songs are the best part of an albums means you just have serious mental issues that need to be resolved. Stuff like the Manback call were just retarded, and I thought made the albums a bit redundant after a while. Luckily their actual songs are far above redeeming, thus making the albums worth listening to. That and they are just brilliant songwriters.

I just wish MJK would leave APC, or at least leave their influence out of Tool. They greatly disappointed me with their anti-war bullshit album eMotive. I think only 2 or 3 songs on there were original works. And I usually hate cover songs.

Kinesthesis
05-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Aenima = #1

psims23
05-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Aenima = #1

Jastinlieber
10-16-2010, 01:05 AM
story:
Hey there again kids, it's that time of the week again! You know, there's something great about writing on Fridays(Buy WOW Gold (http://www.shinywowgold.com/)). I get to kick off the end of the week, which to some people is the best part of every week. I'm not one of those people; every day is the same to me. There are no weekends or week beginnings just weeks. Instead, my weeks are tied to two entirely different days: Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesdays of course are WOW maintenance/patch days(aboutRS Gold (http://www.gobuycheaprsgold.com)), which we all must obey; Thursdays are beta patch days.By the way, we sincerely invite all game players (WOW Gold (http://www.storeingame.com/))whether you are newbie or veteran to Buy WOW Gold (http://www.zyy.com/) money.