PDA

View Full Version : What, or who, accompanies each band member?

Jimmeny
05-03-2006, 06:25 AM
After reading a few of these threads, I suddenly noticed, it's not just Maynard that has something over their right shoulder, but, infact, they all do.

Adam has a skeleton.
Maynard has a lady.
Justin has a bird of prey.
Danny has some kind of spirit, something summoned, assumedly by him.

However, I'm not really sure what links them all, and I suppose this is typical looking for a pattern, but, so what, it's there and knowing Tool there is a reason.

Perhaps it's somehow related to Alex Greys ideas of physical and spiritual interaction at each stage. Perhaps the skeleton represents the physical, the lady represents the complete, the bird represents, lol, I dunno, the human spirit or something related to flying away (tenuous on this one hehe) and Danny represents the absolute conciousness.

Maybe there isn't a reason.

eonphi
05-03-2006, 07:50 AM
good observation

TJP
05-03-2006, 07:51 AM
it does seem strange that they are all on the right side of the pictures

Jimmeny
05-03-2006, 08:45 AM
I guess I better say this before some smart alec gets in ahead of me... technically it's their left shoulder...

seneca77
05-03-2006, 09:05 AM
maybe that is the physical and spiritual beings that were split right in two, but they know the pieces fit, so if they spiral out and stop living vicariously though others, they will become the one to deliver the message.

or maybe not

Kev1326
05-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I think the band is pictured with all their favorite things. Maynard - women and wine, Adam - science and mythology, and so forth. (I can't tell who is who of the other guys, put them with their instruments then I'll know. lol)

tooltgle
05-03-2006, 11:00 AM
justin (bass) is with the bird, Danny (drums) is the guy with the weird light snake thingy.....

Wretched
05-03-2006, 11:04 AM
I know one thing: It looks nice. I don't care if it means anything.

blair's man sausage
05-03-2006, 11:10 AM
it's a freedom bird

A.G.
05-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Possibily relating to their interests.

Danny with the light-beam and the stacks of books - isn't he an avid reader and has an interest in the occult and such?

Justin with the bird - maybe he's an animal lover.

Maynard with his glasses and bottles of wine - we all know he has his wine shop going. (and the women may relate to his dead mother)

Adam with the specimen jars, chemistry set, and the skeleton - since he's the mind behind the art direction of Tool maybe he's supposed to a "mad scientist" or something.

Sklander
05-03-2006, 12:49 PM
I think A.G. hit it pretty close. I like the idea of the woman in Maynard's picture representing his Mother. Good post.

lockdown12
05-03-2006, 02:57 PM
looks like Justin has an eagle of some sort. anyone have any idea what kind?

Dj Consequence
05-03-2006, 03:02 PM
maybe that is the physical and spiritual beings that were split right in two, but they know the pieces fit, so if they spiral out and stop living vicariously though others, they will become the one to deliver the message.

or maybe not

hahaha

molehill
05-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Justin is a hunter, focused and regal.
Danny is a spirit, ethereal and free.
Adam is tortured, skeletons in the closet.
Maynard is a w(h)ining woman.

Kochipahk
05-03-2006, 06:06 PM
You'd think Justin would have gotten some books. Doesn't he run a book shop with his wife?