PDA

View Full Version : muhammad - revelation

societalflaw
05-03-2006, 04:25 AM
while listening to this song, i kept thinking about the Islamic Prophet Muhammad and his revelations.

"You are the chosen one. The one who will deliver the message. A message of hope for those who choose to hear it and a warning for those who do not."

obviously this quote could probably apply to any prophet, however Muhammad was specifically seen as the Warner, warning his brothers against their ignorance and teaching a return to the hanif, or monothiestic ibrahimic (sp?) tradition

additionally there are a couple references in the song that seem to be alluding to muhammad's illiteracy (to what ever degree he was illiterate).

"Me, the chosen one.
They chose me, and I didn't graduate from fucking high school."

"Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
to write it down for all the world to see
but I forgot my pen"

now obviously there seem to be references to today, so it can't be about Muhammad as we was, but perhaps a "today's version" of Muhammad. And with the references to alien abductions of acid trips, nothing is said explicitly and with almost every sort of mystical encounter, one could show the similarities in stories between prophets, alien intervention, and acid trips.

seems like it could be a story of what would it sound like if muhammad had his revelations in today's society.

i haven't had the time to really think this out completely, so there may be some gaping whole in what i am saying, but thought it was interesting and perhaps worth seeing what anyone thought.

take care

H..
05-03-2006, 04:53 AM
dude, with 10,000 days (Marie Part 2) and the speculation going on that he says "allah" instead of "heaven" (which in my opinoin i think he does just from listening to it), there could be some consistency with the mohammed concept..interesting.

Tyson
05-03-2006, 04:56 AM
Fuck off and bomb someone towelhead.

jiesus
05-03-2006, 04:57 AM
there was also some talk, i remember, about, in the song vicarious, when it goes "crying why oh why?" that a lot of people pictured a middle eastern woman dressed with the gown and headdress. i don't remember what i saw in my head before i was already given the idea by the people in the forum, but another interesting coincedence of reference (obviously the one in vicarious being more interpretational) towards the middle east and islamic aspects...

jiesus
05-03-2006, 04:58 AM

that was odd

drenei
05-03-2006, 11:56 AM
^ i'll say

Staetz
05-03-2006, 02:38 PM
droppin f-bombs eh? no I think its definately a point to ponder. good post

vjtrip
05-03-2006, 03:36 PM

rofl

best thing Ive read all day...

jiesus
05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
rofl

best thing Ive read all day...

then hopefully you had just woke up and your day hadn't had much time to develop yet