PDA

View Full Version : interpretation

lessthanmurf
05-02-2006, 08:31 PM
after not really getting into wings/10 000 days, i gave it another listen.

it has occured to me that (and sorry if this is obvious or old hat or both) part 1 is before Marie passed away and the big bass thump at the end of part 1 is her death.

part 2 is the start of her trip on the afterlife.

does anyone else agree with this?

Murdz.
05-03-2006, 04:49 AM
I'd say so, especially with the last line of the song being "it's time for us to let you go", however, he referrs to her past-tense in both.

Sober_Tom
05-03-2006, 05:00 AM
it could make sense. but also the nice slow guitar could also symbolise her slow progression through the 10,000 days. there are way to many angles to look into music, especially with tool. but you could be onto something.

davelisowski
05-08-2006, 06:53 AM
The loud bass and drum rumble at the beginning of this song sounds like a death rattle to me. I'm sure this is posted somewhere else.

Convoy_X
05-12-2006, 11:22 AM
My Supernatural being it’s packed with luminary…

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-17-2006, 02:03 PM
i think that the bells at the begining of part 1 is the death knell, notice how maynards lyrics mimic it at the start? i think taht shes already dead, but he cant accept it.

rogerdoger
05-17-2006, 03:21 PM
I think this has been posted before, but again, I'd say that I agree with that idea possibly.

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I think this has been posted before, but again, I'd say that I agree with that idea possibly.

what idea do u agree with?

pork chops
05-18-2006, 07:20 AM
i personally think that this song is taking place in the funeral home on the final day that his mother is being layed out. and maynard is reflecting on everything that she has meant to him and at the end of the day when the sun has gone down, leaving only the cold lights of the funeral home shining on his mother he finds it difficult to look at her because he is realizing the finality of everything. he then asks what he is to say to all the people who are gathering to see her, and he concludes that her life had meaning and purpose and truth to it and that while she was bound to a wheelchair for most of it, and never truly lived what people would consider a proper life, the fact is that through her life he was saved. then he realizes that it's time to let her go where she belongs and says goodbye