PDA

View Full Version : haha defective artwork, how it amuses me

SubconsciousFeer
05-02-2006, 08:13 PM
so the inside cover of my cd packaging (ie the side that has the glasses) has this weird little red spot for some reason. at first i though it was there on purpose, like something hidden in it, but its really just red paint. and no i didnt spill anything on it, thats how it actually is. its part of the artwork. i was just wondering if anybody else had this.

the red spot:
http://imagecloset.net/8/05091203splotch%201.JPG

a close up:
http://imagecloset.net/8/05091203splotch%201.JPG

soulslot
05-02-2006, 08:17 PM
No red spot to be found on mine, looks like you its your lucky day.

SubconsciousFeer
05-02-2006, 08:19 PM
yeah except i accidentally posted this thing twice, and someones bound to yell at me because of that:P

megaholic1
05-02-2006, 08:25 PM
hey guys... i have a green ark above the skull on the table, in the pic with the dagger skull and cards... does everyone have this?

soulslot
05-02-2006, 08:34 PM
yeah except i accidentally posted this thing twice, and someones bound to yell at me because of that:P

I noticed. Have fun at your crucifixion, its a tough forum that looks down upon ineffeciency without a shred of irony.

SubconsciousFeer
05-02-2006, 08:35 PM
i have that ark but its only on the left skull, not on the right one. wwweeeeiiiird

soulslot
05-02-2006, 08:37 PM
hey guys... i have a green ark above the skull on the table, in the pic with the dagger skull and cards... does everyone have this?

is it only in the left frame? i think i see what you are talking about, however i dont see the same line on the right frame.

soulslot
05-02-2006, 08:38 PM
guess that answers my question, hows that for realtime interaction?!!

Jughead
05-02-2006, 08:42 PM
could be a dried up booger.

smeefsmeef
05-02-2006, 08:50 PM
no red spots for me

JamesMasten
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
No, I have the exact same thing, in exactly the same spot.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/9255/img02178qh.jpg

Interestingly, We're both in CA, so I expect it might have something to do with whatever "batch" got delivered to us. I kind of like knowing its an error, and luckily it doesn't interfere with any of the stereoscope pictures, so its fine with me. Just makes it a collectors item, and way to verify its a first edition, or whatever the proper term is when applied to albums. I'll keep it next to my Lateralus with the song mis-spelled Lateralis.

SubconsciousFeer
05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
haha looks like alex grey got a little to trigger happy with the brush there. though it is cool, i think it hardly makes it a collectors edition. still im going to point the spot out to everyone i know:P

Scrunzset
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
YAY!!!! Now someone finally realizes how I felt when I got my Lateralus. But I guess it's a total fuck-up compared to a little red dot. =-|

<===== Look at avatar. That's a straight-up scan of my copy. Well, the booklet, anyway.

SubconsciousFeer
05-02-2006, 10:05 PM
haha thats hilarious, now thats a collectors edition booklet:D. i wish mine was messed up like that, it screams coolness

Scrunzset
05-02-2006, 11:32 PM
No, I have the exact same thing, in exactly the same spot.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/9255/img02178qh.jpg

Interestingly, We're both in CA, so I expect it might have something to do with whatever "batch" got delivered to us. I kind of like knowing its an error, and luckily it doesn't interfere with any of the stereoscope pictures, so its fine with me. Just makes it a collectors item, and way to verify its a first edition, or whatever the proper term is when applied to albums. I'll keep it next to my Lateralus with the song mis-spelled Lateralis.

I'm in Santa Cruz, picked up mine locally today. I see no spot in mine. 3rd to last one on the shelf... but I suspected there was more in the back. This guy that showed up in the aisle shortly after I picked up my copy frantically looked around for a second (much like I did), but then picked up the 2nd to last copy with a sigh of relief, lol.

Maybe they intentionally misspelled Lateralus and Lateralis, much like Aenima and Aenema?

ladycommish
05-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Both copies I bought have a crack in across of the lenses, but doesn't effect the viewing. Oh well.

ManicDepressive
05-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm in Santa Cruz, picked up mine locally today. I see no spot in mine. 3rd to last one on the shelf... but I suspected there was more in the back. This guy that showed up in the aisle shortly after I picked up my copy frantically looked around for a second (much like I did), but then picked up the 2nd to last copy with a sigh of relief, lol.

Maybe they intentionally misspelled Lateralus and Lateralis, much like Aenima and Aenema?

In the FAQ it says that was just a mistake with Lateralus while AEnima was intentional.

apathetic goat
05-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I have the green arc above the (alien?) skull in the left image of Danny's items, too. Pretty sure everyone will have it, and it intrigues me... it's like there's something behind the skull that we can't quite see. Or maybe it's a hint at the original skin color?

EDIT: Or maybe it's a leaf.

Yeah looks like a leaf now.

The Useful Idiot
05-07-2006, 05:17 PM
My cd has a mark on edge if it.

teleincision
05-07-2006, 06:16 PM
I have the green arc above the (alien?) skull in the left image of Danny's items, too. Pretty sure everyone will have it, and it intrigues me... it's like there's something behind the skull that we can't quite see. Or maybe it's a hint at the original skin color?

EDIT: Or maybe it's a leaf.

Yeah looks like a leaf now.

it is to help the sterostopicness of the picture, i think....

Hi9
05-07-2006, 11:24 PM
That green is just something reflected in the glass the skull is in... it's just not visible to both eyes. Stereoscopic... wild, man.

Vicarious_Lee
05-07-2006, 11:41 PM
I think you all got too much time on your hands, who cares, just enjoy the artwork, so what if it has defects, "The world's an imperfect place, screws fall out all the time" Judd Nelson once said. Thats kewl that you noticed though, I'll give you credit for that, I would've looked right passed it.

magnolia
05-08-2006, 12:11 AM
yeah, i know how you guys feel... i mean my album art came with a CD in it.

needless to say, i sent it back for a new one

JOK3R
05-08-2006, 12:56 AM
i want a red spot. maybe you won something.

Isac Khrondor
05-08-2006, 05:00 AM
On my case, there is a load of red ink splatted across the photo of Adam, it's really annoying.

5th Eye
05-08-2006, 05:09 AM
<===== Look at avatar. That's a straight-up scan of my copy. Well, the booklet, anyway.What's wrong with it? I can't tell; it's too small.