PDA

View Full Version : I was speechless

GreenBudsGreenTea
05-02-2006, 05:28 PM
So I was driving home from work and had the new CD blasting and I have to say 10,000 days gave me chills....I am driving home with the tingles all over from the sheer brilliance and have this blissful grin on my face and I have to say that this is one of the most amazing songs I have ever heard !!

Thank God the boys are back again !!

paraology
05-02-2006, 06:45 PM
So I was driving home from work and had the new CD blasting and I have to say 10,000 days gave me chills....I am driving home with the tingles all over from the sheer brilliance and have this blissful grin on my face and I have to say that this is one of the most amazing songs I have ever heard !!

I really hope this song sinks in more the more I listen to it. But upon first listen of this song I just did not get this same feeling. I was somewhat let down. This song keeps building and building but nothing really happens. And the drums seem almost non existent in this song. The heavy bit near the end is a little disappointing as well. The guitar riff during this part is too simple. Ive basically only listened to this song once though so I cant make too much of a judgement. It just didnt hit me like I thought it would on first listen. I hope my opinion about this song changes the more I listen to it and I believe it will. I could have a completely different opinion about this song in a week or 2.

Saturn10003
05-02-2006, 06:53 PM
I really hope this song sinks in more the more I listen to it. But upon first listen of this song I just did not get this same feeling. I was somewhat let down. This song keeps building and building but nothing really happens. And the drums seem almost non existent in this song. The heavy bit near the end is a little disappointing as well. The guitar riff during this part is too simple. Ive basically only listened to this song once though so I cant make too much of a judgement. It just didnt hit me like I thought it would on first listen. I hope my opinion about this song changes the more I listen to it and I believe it will. I could have a completely different opinion about this song in a week or 2.

GreenBudsGreenTea
05-02-2006, 07:00 PM
The song is a eulogy to his mother who suffered for 10,000 days after suffering a brain anuerism and about her finally heading home to heaven and being set free. Read up on the topic on the boards....listen again....and be overwhelmed.

Powerful stuff.....

Ein SofDrink
05-02-2006, 07:18 PM
To be honest, "Fetch me the spirit, the son and the father. Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended. It's time now. My time now. Give me my wings!" is worth the price of the cd alone.

NAD
05-02-2006, 07:36 PM
This song has grown leaps and bounds since the first listen just a few hours ago. Reading the lyrics really helped, and the ending nearly brought me to tears a few minutes ago.

toolhead4879
05-02-2006, 07:50 PM
To be honest, "Fetch me the spirit, the son and the father. Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended. It's time now. My time now. Give me my wings!" is worth the price of the cd alone.
HELL YES, you said it all there

Pirates>Ninjas
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I have come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now!
My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings!"

This part gave me crazy goose-bumps.

Great song!

GreenBudsGreenTea
05-03-2006, 06:28 AM
The more I listen the more I think this among all thier masterpieces will become THE masterpiece

martyr_02
05-03-2006, 06:41 AM
The song is a eulogy to his mother who suffered for 10,000 days after suffering a brain anuerism and about her finally heading home to heaven and being set free. Read up on the topic on the boards....listen again....and be overwhelmed.

Powerful stuff.....

I didn't notice that line until i listened to the album with headphones ,and i nearly broke down. I got this image of maynard walking arm in arm with his mom to the pearly gates, him letting her go and watching her walk away into the distance. i also like that even though maynard may have issues with religion he put that aside for his song to his mother, singing about the spirit son and father, awesome shit.

cold and faded anger
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
tools greatest song. period.

AMF
05-03-2006, 04:59 PM

Agreed 100%, exact same sentiments. On my 2nd listen right now

bellamadia
05-03-2006, 05:04 PM

Agreed! I got chills sitting at my desk and work... now THAT is some powerful shit let me tell ya.

Ganjalf
05-03-2006, 05:07 PM
first time i heard it i had this weird smile and this weird feeling through my body as i felt all the emotion he had put in this song

sonnyboy11
05-03-2006, 05:16 PM

Powerful stuff.....

So let me get this straight- she lived for approximately 27 years after the anuerism? I dunno, must not have been that bad and I am not sure that's what this song is about unless Maynard himself said it (if he did, then please excuse this post).

Quick edit- after reading some of the other posts about this song it appears that her paralysis was indeed 'that bad', so I stand corrected there. Still looking at the other conclusions but I wanted to make it clear I wasn't some heartless bastard (grandmother died of a brain anuerism)

lateral_circle
05-03-2006, 07:59 PM
So let me get this straight- she lived for approximately 27 years after the anuerism? I dunno, must not have been that bad and I am not sure that's what this song is about unless Maynard himself said it (if he did, then please excuse this post).

Quick edit- after reading some of the other posts about this song it appears that her paralysis was indeed 'that bad', so I stand corrected there. Still looking at the other conclusions but I wanted to make it clear I wasn't some heartless bastard (grandmother died of a brain anuerism)

Dude. He says, "JUDITH MARIE," in the fucking song.

dmoney11
05-03-2006, 08:31 PM
I was in tears today with this song. God bless them.

Myers3403
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
yeah this song gets me all tearie eyed everytime i hear it!

Tool be or not Tool be
05-04-2006, 06:55 AM
I really think these 2 songs are Tool's best work. I really like the thunderstorm in the middle of Wings for Marie.

sonnyboy11
05-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Dude. He says, "JUDITH MARIE," in the fucking song.

Dude, chill. I just got the CD and am still checking everything out. You guys are right? Ok? Yeesh. I call a truce!

win
05-04-2006, 03:52 PM

I couldn't agree more with anything ever said.

identitat soldat
05-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Best song ever.