PDA

View Full Version : Anyone agree??

kmatrixg
05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Does anyone agree with my philosophy of new tool albums??

When you first hear it, lets say 10,000 days, you really have no idea what to exact your focus on, so you just listen, not knowing what to expect, like it was playing on the radio, or in the background of a party. Because your not "in tune", you automatically think this cd is not good. Disappointment arises, and you hate it. (This is not my view of the cd though)
Once you listen to a particular song, you realize what stands out. You listen to that instrument only, over and over, find favorite parts. Then you end up listening to the entire cd over and over, and, contrary to your earlier side of hate, you end up loving this album.

For example I love the album Undertow, and I listen to it over and over, and I have found tons of amazing riffs, vocal mastery, and percussional standouts.

Just wondering if this is what the majority of reviewers I have read are under the influence of.

Griffin
05-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Affirmative.

LRonHubbard
05-02-2006, 04:57 PM
All I can say about the new cd, 1/2 way thru my 2nd listen, is that i have NEVER ANYTHING like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

its AMAZING

Matt8
05-02-2006, 04:59 PM
i loved it from the start. tool has just always pleased me and has done the right thing everytime to satisfy me. i love every song on the album. at first it dosent seem as big as it is but this album is close to the 80 min mark so youre in for quite a listen. when i heard vicarious the first time i almost shit the bed.

Kedzie_Matthews
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
what - you mean the people who blabed about how bad 10kdays was 2 hours after it leaked were idiots? no way....

LRonHubbard
05-02-2006, 05:05 PM
I cant even put into words how I feel....................I bought the CD when i left work, popped it in and got to listen to about 40 mins on my ride home..................

I yelled,laughed,sang,and cried ......................

LRonHubbard
05-02-2006, 05:06 PM
what - you mean the people who blab about how bad 10kdays was 2 hours after it leaked were idiots? no way....

Ive only listened twice so far, and Ill already say its their BEST work...hands down

Matt8
05-02-2006, 05:09 PM
i got the very first copy from my local cd store when they opened this morning. mind i was the only one there but i got the first copy.

kmatrixg
05-03-2006, 10:15 AM
I woke up at 10 o clock, didnt even brush my hair, teeth or change clothes, i went straight to target and picked it up. 9.98 baby.

Neil
05-04-2006, 01:29 AM
I really liked it from the moment i popped it on. If anything my appreciation for it has waned since then. But only months/years will tell exactly how great the album is.

I hated Lateralus for a long time and but it grew on me and is now my favourite album.

Wool
05-04-2006, 01:41 AM
I loved it from the start, knowing that I would love it even more when I'd listen to it more often, just like with the other Tool albums.