PDA

View Full Version : next album

eulogy508
03-29-2003, 05:58 PM
what do you think tool's next album will sound like??

Conan_McMurtrie
03-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Well if its the rest of the material from the Lateralus sessions, I suppose it will have that same vibe. I mean, how can you really answer that question, honestly dude? Anyway, you'll just spoil it for yourself with predictions and fantasies.

4th Eye
03-30-2003, 09:03 AM
It'll sound good.

eulogy508
04-01-2003, 07:00 AM
i mean, imagine how good it must be if irs going to be BETTER than lateralus....

4th Eye
04-01-2003, 07:21 AM
That would go over my imagination.

revolver_7
04-01-2003, 08:23 AM
TOOL will go emo
mark my words they will go emo and open up for dashboard confessioanl on thier 2004/5 tour!
I saw it in a vision........

REvolver...................

revolver_7
04-01-2003, 09:37 AM
I saw another vision

after the emo album TOOL will go back to thier roots and release "opiate zwei" it will have the same track listing as the original ep. except it will have a zwei to the end of every song. as for how the music will sound like that is for another vision my friends.\

REvolver.....

stalkingbutler
04-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Ireally think the album will be another spiritual step forwad and will definitely have a more electronic vibe.Something to look forward to when it finally drops in 2017

TaorsEvolved
04-03-2003, 10:31 AM
I think they'll make a rap/rock album and sound just like Linkin Park...

not really.

Valkyrie
04-06-2003, 12:00 AM
I have a feeling alot more electronica will be involved. (I.E. Adam or Maynard playing keyboard scripted sound fx and environments. I can see MJK playing his guitar a lot more for the next album, and judging from where Disposition, Reflection, and Triad are all headed (supposing these songs as the next logical progression from Danny's comments that these were written last) I can see more hip hop, and tribal beat oriented "World Music" being explored. Definitely flava for my ears.

Case in point, if you saw the Tacoma video with Hawkman on Vocals for Reflection, you'd agree. I mean, that was pretty good, aside from Hawkman repeating himself, and seeming to speak about a topic entirely different from Reflection's theme. But the rapping over it was a smart idea.

RedRum
04-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Apparantly, Tool is considering making the next "The Wall", according to Danny Carey. Hopefully it will be some lavish double-cd record...

eulogy508
04-07-2003, 03:20 PM
i can't wait to hear it.... i mean, if it's better than lateralus then it must turn out to be... unthinkably good! How is that possible?

dan
04-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by eulogy508
i mean, imagine how good it must be if irs going to be BETTER than lateralus.... or, to play devil's advocate, everyone will have this great buildup of how great it will be and then it won't be able to live up to any of those expectations and will fail.

god i hope not.

futile
04-07-2003, 11:57 PM
as i do with everything...

I think itll suck dick and totally destroy tool to the point where Adam and Maynerd are doing 1-800collect commertials. Maynerd will be cast out of APC and replaced with billy corgan. after that he will go back to L.A. and watch as all his funiture is taken by repo men. then he will go and begin to steal drums from danny and pawn them just so he'll have enough money to eat.

mjks' hopes will rise when VH1 does a behind the music and interviews him. he will only get paid $25 and will waste it on lotto tickets.

for stealing his drums danny will then get adam to to hunt down and strangle mjk with a guitar string.

Adam and danny then figure they dont need justin any more so they hunt him down and sacrifice him to the oh mighty record label god hoping that they will get another chance.

after that mjks' ghost will come back and avenge his death by shoving dannys' sticks up his ass the ripping out his eyes and shoving them down his throat so he sufficates on them. Then Justin will team up with mjk and haunt adam until he goes insane and his commited by the courts to a mental institution in guatamala. while hes there mjk and justin sing "this is the song that never ends" 24/7. then when ever adam tries to kill himself, justin and mjk stop him and tie him to the bed and re-enact the movie "the sound of music".....they tape his eyes open too.

looking at the negative before hand assures you that you wont be let down/disapointed. and then if its good your pleasently surprised.

as for spelling errors, dont feel the need to point them out. if you need to feel good about urself, jack off

Nirvana
04-08-2003, 07:10 AM
it would sound like:
BEEP BEEP BEEP... BEEEEEEPBEEEEPBEEEP
and some:
MWEEEMWEEMWEEEEEEEEEEH... WHEEEEEEHWHEEEE
followed by:
TRALALALALA ... GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL
and more of:
KABENGKADENG KABENGKADENG... BOEM BAF BENG
and then maynerd would come and sing:
HOPE LIVES ON, FOLLOWED BY DREAMS...
SO KEEP ON DREAMING, LIVE FOR HOPE...
AND IF THE DAY WOULD COME...
THAT I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN...
I WOULD BE GONE...
DREAMING OF YOU!!!
then danny would go:
BENG.. bengbeng.. BENG.. bengbeng.. BAAAAANGGG!!!
and justing will go like:
Brr..Brr..Brr.. WHEEEEE HOHOHOHOhohoho.... *fading sound*

and then the album will be finished

eulogy508
04-08-2003, 09:14 AM
or maybe they just wont release another album at all, and leave us here thinking they still will, even though it's 25 years after lateralus came out...

Grizz
04-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by eulogy508
or maybe they just wont release another album at all, and leave us here thinking they still will, even though it's 25 years after lateralus came out...
The sad thing is, i could see that happening...

futile
04-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by mstajduh

* Jacks off to futile's spelling errors * oh yeah! The apostrophe comes before the S's...Give it to Me baby! you fucking whore! Who's your Daddy?!! Who's been a bad "s".

the apostrophe comes before the S only if it's combining "is" to the word. how ever on names....it always comes after the S. or at least thats what i was taught (by the government funded schools anyway)

Andy
04-08-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by RedRum
Apparantly, Tool is considering making the next "The Wall", according to Danny Carey. Hopefully it will be some lavish double-cd record...

When he said Tool were considering making their own "The Wall" they meant making the the movie, but will it based on a previous album, or will they actually release a new album to base the movie around, which if they did it'd probably be 2cds...How good would it be for Tool to release a doublecd album and a movie that is synced to it.

Lachrymologist
04-10-2003, 08:41 PM
Tool cares too much about the music to not put out another record, no matter how long it takes.

Nirvana
04-10-2003, 10:45 PM
i hope it would sound like "NATURE", i really wanna know how TOOL would sound if they put in some "Nature" sounds..

Awesome

astralpersona
04-11-2003, 06:22 PM
ah.. interesting to speculate, what it might be, whatever it is, it will be tool, kind of enthralling to think of where it might go from here, whatever it comes out to be, it will be a colaberation of 4 brilliant minds, and worth listening to, and something that i look forward to experience.

Valkyrie
04-12-2003, 01:44 AM
I don't quite know what the new album will sound like, but I know what it will be called:

"Sularetal Wotrednu"

Trust me. I got that first hand from the man himself.