sp4cem0nkey
05-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Just one? What about Intension?

moneyisevil
05-02-2006, 12:42 PM
intension is more disposition-y

montsegur
05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
i just heard that billy commented on this song something like that it was an apc song made during 13th step....I see a lawsuit...

Seethus
05-03-2006, 08:12 AM
i just heard that billy commented on this song something like that it was an apc song made during 13th step....I see a lawsuit...
Only if hes a slut. Apc would never have been popular without maynard.
Only an evil prick would take someone to court...

Dr. Jake Destructo
05-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Heard this where? You people and your vague statements...

Hannibal
05-03-2006, 06:42 PM
and tell him maynard stole an apc track to use for the new tool album

oooh good one. let me guess....next week it'll be "call Zach de la Rocha, Audioslave stole one of his songs."

Azathoth23
05-03-2006, 08:50 PM
i like perfect circle, ive seen them three times in concert. But fuck em. In fact billy started out working for tool. it was fun while it lasted but billy needs to move on if he thinks that maynard stole his song. It was reported in revolver magazine that maynard was absent through alot of the righting and recording process of 10,000 days. How do you know maynard come up with it? Im sure maynard had a say on all the songs but maybe adam come up with most of it. I think its a fallacy to compare anything about these two bands anyway.

Dr. Jake Destructo
05-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Other than the fact that, despite what even Maynard says, Maynard is/was the driving force in both bands.

Sorry.

You still could be correct though, and I sincerely hope your optimism is the truth. Ripoffs suck.

NowisMytimE
05-03-2006, 09:59 PM
i like perfect circle, ive seen them three times in concert. But fuck em. In fact billy started out working for tool. it was fun while it lasted but billy needs to move on if he thinks that maynard stole his song. It was reported in revolver magazine that maynard was absent through alot of the righting and recording process of 10,000 days. How do you know maynard come up with it? Im sure maynard had a say on all the songs but maybe adam come up with most of it. I think its a fallacy to compare anything about these two bands anyway.

I was going to reply with cruelty.. but after looking at the lyrics again.. hell maybe Adam did WRITE them.. or Maynards son.. Or Blair?

Azathoth23
05-04-2006, 04:46 AM
I was going to reply with cruelty.. but after looking at the lyrics again.. hell maybe Adam did WRITE them.. or Maynards son.. Or Blair?

Or danny , or Justin, its not impossible.

montsegur
05-04-2006, 06:45 AM
...maynard was on tour ith apc when lateralus was written..he was given a copy of it while on tour and has witten the lyrics while on tour with apc...he didnt have a say with any of the music from lateralus couse he was not there...and why would he..he is the vocalist...its how they do it..the guys do the intrumental part and when its over it goes to maynard..his job is the easiest...
....so nard done the lateralus while on tour with apc and it dindt sound anything like apc....but 10000 days does...
...as for song stealing...we all know how nard took trent's song Vacant and turned it intno his own on Emotive (Passive)...now, trent written that song,and it was for his tapeworm project but it didnt happen so maynard palyed it with apc a couple of years and then claimed as his own...
I first heard Vacant-Passive on an apc show back in 2001 and it sounded much better(Trent's version) but maynard ruined it for Emotive...

ChrisFist
05-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Montsegur, I believe this was the way Maynard worked on 10,000 Days as well. Can't recall the source, but I did read some time ago that he was receiving new material from Adam/Justin/Danny while on tour with APC (on 13th Step) and writing lyrics.

In my opinion, generally I've notice Maynard's lyrics becoming more personal, more reconciliatory, less ambiguous over the years since Aenema, be it with Tool or APC. I don't think he puts on a Tool or APC hat when he writes lyrics, or at least I hope not.

mjk_462
05-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Did I miss something in news or relationships that Billy and Maynard aren't friends anymore or something? If Maynard "ripped off" the song from APC, I am pretty sure Billy wouldn't put up a big fuss about it. To me, it doesn't seem like Billy would really care if Maynard used a song to put on an album, considering the song would have (probably) never made it to the public.

prime weed
05-04-2006, 02:09 PM
all jokes aside, tool would only put out original, genuine music compostions.

this is such a fucking awesome song, it creeps in and out, gets so deep with that bass and the tabla with danny. dude wtf?? tool dosent rip off music. Its always been there own and always will be.

danny, adam, justin and james. each 25% of tool

Darkmoogle
05-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Why the fuck would APC write a song with a Tabla in it.

Fuck off, liars, this isn't an APC song in the slightest. Stop looking for reasons to hate this album.

aperfecttoolapril
05-04-2006, 05:32 PM
if u can't differentiate between Tool and APC, and the fact that APC wouldn't be the same w/out maynard....meaning howerdel couldn't float a boat in salt lake as APC w/out Manard, but APC would survive w/out Billy..hmmm..then u shouldn't be able to read these posts! is that a monkey from Right in Two i hear?...Tool wouldn't be the same w/out any of the 4, all equal!

resonance.
05-04-2006, 06:33 PM
if u can't differentiate between Tool and APC, and the fact that APC wouldn't be the same w/out maynard....meaning howerdel couldn't float a boat in salt lake as APC w/out Manard, but APC would survive w/out Billy..hmmm..then u shouldn't be able to read these posts! is that a monkey from Right in Two i hear?...Tool wouldn't be the same w/out any of the 4, all equal!

read a book

aperfecttoolapril
05-04-2006, 08:08 PM
i don't think i can....just not smart enough to!

teleincision
05-05-2006, 05:40 PM
...as for song stealing...we all know how nard took trent's song Vacant and turned it intno his own on Emotive (Passive)...now, trent written that song,and it was for his tapeworm project but it didnt happen so maynard palyed it with apc a couple of years and then claimed as his own...
I first heard Vacant-Passive on an apc show back in 2001 and it sounded much better(Trent's version) but maynard ruined it for Emotive...

well, it was trents company prob. that made him not take official responciblility (sory for spelling) for vacant and another song.... so "'nard" just figured that it was a lost song so he took it in and made it his song.....

Unintelligible_Whispering
05-06-2006, 04:20 AM
the live version of vacant was really choppy anyway, the lyrics dont all fit together, they were done a lot better when the song became passive. besides, emotive is a covers album. unless you're gonna say that maynard stole all of those too?

selectforsocietalsanity
05-06-2006, 04:24 AM
Maynard wrote the songs.

Opiate_Mass
05-06-2006, 04:57 AM
Other than the fact that, despite what even Maynard says, Maynard is/was the driving force in both bands.
Actually Adam was the one who put together Tool. He found Maynard, then they found Paul, then Danny filled in on their first tour and they realised he was phenomenal and kept him. Then paul left Justin enters stage right.

fulmination
05-06-2006, 05:46 AM
Wow, what a stupid thread. Seems some of us want to talk about complete shit instead of listen to and feel, think about and interpret the new music and poetry...

What the hell are you all talking about?

"Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused."

montsegur
05-06-2006, 07:02 AM
the live version of vacant was really choppy anyway, the lyrics dont all fit together, they were done a lot better when the song became passive. besides, emotive is a covers album. unless you're gonna say that maynard stole all of those too?

no he just stole 'passive'....

vacant was better...

tool_fan
05-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Montsegur, I believe this was the way Maynard worked on 10,000 Days as well. Can't recall the source, but I did read some time ago that he was receiving new material from Adam/Justin/Danny while on tour with APC (on 13th Step) and writing lyrics.

In my opinion, generally I've notice Maynard's lyrics becoming more personal, more reconciliatory, less ambiguous over the years since Aenema, be it with Tool or APC. I don't think he puts on a Tool or APC hat when he writes lyrics, or at least I hope not.

Yes, i think monstegur was confused; this is what happened on 10KD, NOT Lateralus. And it comes from the bank interview in the June 2006 "REVOLVER", out now, maybe additional sources, as well.

It's worth a read, too. It's part of what has been giving me the feeling that this is the last Tool album....

Artistic Sickness
05-07-2006, 12:35 AM
i thought passive was one of the few tracks worth releasing from the collaboration between Reznor and Maynard that kinda fell through. Reznor apparently said, in an interview (heard it on CFOX), that the music him and Maynard did was good.... but not great... so they didnt really want to release it. The lil project they had going, which sounded great in theory, fell apart and disintigrated. Passive/Vacant is the only thing that carried over.
Good idea they didnt make more like it. Weak song, in my opinion...

...and Right In Two's phenominal. APC cover, my skinny white arse.

][ncognito
05-07-2006, 03:40 PM
APC covered "The Nurse Who Loved Me" too.

mjk_462
05-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Trent and Maynard made a few techno-sounding songs with hardly any lyrics that I enjoy when I'm in the mood. Can find them on any p2p program I am assuming.