PDA

View Full Version : The Doctor is Bill Hicks.

Loveboat Captain
05-02-2006, 12:14 PM
The Doctor on the Aenima inlay, Mr.Hicks. Who is doing a check up on maynard. it would explain the drugs thing. And The similarities between Rossetta Stoned and Third Eye.

hahaha!

Or not.

jim_oms
05-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Bill Hicks wasn't Australian.

Dr. Jake Destructo
05-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Interesting thought though.

randomhero8823
05-02-2006, 08:08 PM
he did Aussie impressions

plexus
05-02-2006, 08:10 PM
hahaha!

Or not.

Kochipahk
05-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Not to mention Bill Hicks is... well, dead.

zol
05-02-2006, 11:39 PM

Thank god someone finally ended that...

Painful

Loveboat Captain
05-02-2006, 11:45 PM
I didnt mean Bill Hicks literally walked into Tools studios and acted out a skit on their album. I meant he could be represented.

tiryth
05-03-2006, 12:51 AM
odd theory

LeMarchand
05-03-2006, 02:10 AM
If you're gonna try to be all profound with your abstracticism, at least have a good grasp of how to come across as a coherent individual.

zol
05-03-2006, 03:05 AM
If you're gonna try to be all profound with your abstracticism, at least have a good grasp of how to come across as a coherent individual.

Yeah , that, and there's just simply no logical reason for such a connection (between the doctor and Hicks).

Loveboat Captain
05-03-2006, 12:06 PM
The character "the Doctor" on Lost Keys could be a representation of Bill Hicks. Bill appears in an earlier Tool album dressed as a doctor. He also has a quote about positivie drugs before third eye. Bill tells you to open your third eye. He is giving you "treatment". To some, Bill has acted like an Albert Hoffman. Opening them up to psychadelic experiences and healing them. Bill has talked about the healing powers of psychadelics in his performances.

Of course it's more likely that the Doctor is the actual Doctor Albert Hoffman. I'm just linking it up with something else.

plexus
05-03-2006, 12:15 PM
The character "the Doctor" on Lost Keys could be a representation of Bill Hicks. Bill appears in an earlier Tool album dressed as a doctor. He also has a quote about positivie drugs before third eye. Bill tells you to open your third eye. He is giving you "treatment". To some, Bill has acted like an Albert Hoffman. Opening them up to psychadelic experiences and healing them. Bill has talked about the healing powers of psychadelics in his performances.

Of course it's more likely that the Doctor is the actual Doctor Albert Hoffman. I'm just linking it up with something else.

BILL HICKS AND ALBERT HOFFMAN WERENT AUSTRAILIAN!
ALBERT HOFFMAN WAS A CHEMIST! NOT A PRACTICING DOCTOR OR THERAPIST! HE DIDNT HAVE A NURSE!

jeez people.

Loveboat Captain
05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Why does everything have to be so literal? The Doctor on this album could be a fictional character representing Hoffman or Hicks.

Opticon
05-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Being an australian, I don't think the person talking is a "true" australian. It really sounds like an american putting on an australian accent. doesn't help much tho.

Kochipahk
05-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Is it really relevant who the doctor is? He's just a random doctor in a random hospital in a random city. With a random nurse. Honestly, I don't think the doctor's apparent or implied identity makes a difference here.

Azathoth23
05-03-2006, 08:34 PM
you wanna hear a funny theory, ever watch the show "lost"?

Azathoth23
05-03-2006, 08:36 PM
never mind that last post, im stupid.

zol
05-03-2006, 11:13 PM
The fat guy in Lost is the doctor!? Or is it the real doctor on the island (the party of five dude)?

11Reflections11
05-04-2006, 03:23 AM
I dont think its a rondom city because doesnt he talk about working at area 51 in RS? What if he had to go see a military doctor and thats why they throw him away "strapped down, my bed"? We never get the doctors reaction to this whole story being thrown at him so its hard to tell. But maybe he doesnt really play any part in it. But then to contradict myself, maybe he really does. What if hes integral to the plot?

I hope when they play this live a doctor character comes out before the song and they turn it into a kindof stage show. That would be sweet.

ZeroPointEther
05-04-2006, 03:38 AM
ALBERT HOFFMAN WAS A CHEMIST! NOT A PRACTICING DOCTOR OR THERAPIST! HE DIDNT HAVE A NURSE!

jeez people.

Maybe Hoffman revived Hicks, changed his nationality and turned him into a nurse ?

oh well...what kochipahk said.

Azathoth23
05-04-2006, 04:44 AM
The fat guy in Lost is the doctor!? Or is it the real doctor on the island (the party of five dude)?

Its a dumb theory but i like "lost" and it is a neat coincidence that they left from sydney, hurley was in a psych ward and the main guy jack is a doctor. I highly doubt thats what the songs about. I would go with just about any other theory before i would go with that one myself.

champion
05-04-2006, 04:45 AM

Interesting thought?

He's been fucking dead since 1994.

IC
05-04-2006, 04:56 AM
HE DIDNT HAVE A NURSE!

best post ev.

ProfoundHaytred
05-04-2006, 05:15 AM
Ill agree

plexus
05-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Is it really relevant who the doctor is? He's just a random doctor in a random hospital in a random city. With a random nurse. Honestly, I don't think the doctor's apparent or implied identity makes a difference here.

exactly

everyone read this again and let it sink in.

im sure tool didnt have a specific doctor in mind when they hired an actor to play this scene. youre all idiots with too much time on your hands. sorry. its ture.

MrNatural
05-04-2006, 08:57 AM
In Order to connect the doctor in any way with Bill Hicks,we have to assume that Rossetta Stoned is all drug induced..which hasent been proven (why would Tool make 3rd eye Pt 2? did it need a part 2?).anyway i think its a bit of a stretch,and all up for interpretation. 3rd eye was about Bill taking 5 g of dried shrooms,and seeing aliens..song is complete in my opinion.

StereoScopicLenses
05-04-2006, 08:58 AM
The doctor and the nurse's identity are irrelevant. Blame Hoffman b/c he created LSD-25. The character in RS is having a bad trip. The doctor and nurse in LK are trying to figure out what's wrong with this person who is having a 'bad trip'. Then RS is telling the story to the Dr. The Dr. could be a random ER Doc. Doesn't matter. That just sets up RS and the story told in it.

josesaladbar
05-05-2006, 12:26 PM
hmmm, the doctor sounds english to me, and i should know! you americans cant tell the difference really.

Kochipahk
05-05-2006, 06:15 PM
The doctor and the nurse's identity are irrelevant. Blame Hoffman b/c he created LSD-25. The character in RS is having a bad trip. The doctor and nurse in LK are trying to figure out what's wrong with this person who is having a 'bad trip'. Then RS is telling the story to the Dr. The Dr. could be a random ER Doc. Doesn't matter. That just sets up RS and the story told in it.
Quoted for truth.

xPOGOx
05-06-2006, 12:29 AM
QFE

implandnoises
05-06-2006, 01:20 AM
hmmm, the doctor sounds english to me, and i should know! you americans cant tell the difference really.
Huh!? Dude sounds aussie to me. I don't know if he is putting the accent on but he sounds like a bad actor anyway.

zol
05-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Its a dumb theory but i like "lost" and it is a neat coincidence that they left from sydney, hurley was in a psych ward and the main guy jack is a doctor. I highly doubt thats what the songs about. I would go with just about any other theory before i would go with that one myself.

I think if you keep highly doubting yourself you'll retain some credibility :)

It is a cool show though. I want to work with the Dharma Foundation. Sounds interesting....

sambarugh
05-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Yeah I'm originally from England too and think it's definately an English accent, I would even guess it could be Justin as it has a slight London tone to it.

Matt8
05-06-2006, 12:34 PM
once again. too much thought put into this.

arcane
05-06-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm English too. Most of it sounds English (and definitely London/South East if anywhere)...but there's an Aussie twang.

Shame the word 'data' wasn't in it - that would settle it.

3_Libras457
05-09-2006, 01:25 PM
The Doctor says "Good morning, I'm Dr. Watson. How are you today?"

Tony
05-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Anyway...I could bet 100$ that it's the same guy doing the intro to Third Eye on Salival. It has to be, they sound exactly alike.

TJP
05-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Anyway...I could bet 100$ that it's the same guy doing the intro to Third Eye on Salival. It has to be, they sound exactly alike.sorry but your WRONG cause thats Tim Leary in third eye on salival

drunktank
05-09-2006, 03:31 PM
The Doctor on the Aenima inlay, Mr.Hicks. Who is doing a check up on maynard. it would explain the drugs thing. And The similarities between Rossetta Stoned and Third Eye.

hahaha!

Or not.

I don't think there's any connection with the Doctor and Bill Hicks in "Lost Keys". But the "stealth banana" mentioned in "Rosetta Stoned" is definitely a Hicks reference.

LeMarchand
05-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Er... Timothy Leary sounds FUCK ALL like the voice on this record.... face it: Its probably a friend of the band or Justin putting the voice on. Shit, it could even be Maynard putting the voice on. Could even be Paul putting the voice on, or OGB.

Mesher_dakimi
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM

I dont remeber that stopping him from appearing on 3rd eye

][ncognito
05-09-2006, 05:14 PM
I dont remeber that stopping him from appearing on 3rd eye

Which was sampled from a well known and oft recorded bit.

peelme
05-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Being an australian, I don't think the person talking is a "true" australian. It really sounds like an american putting on an australian accent. doesn't help much tho.

i'm inlined to agree. i thought it might have been an aussie accent, but i'm so used to shite american sitcoms that i've practically forgotten what we sound like. i thought my mind was playing tricks on me... an american trying to do aussie is probably a more sane explanation...

erazorhead
05-13-2006, 04:50 AM
i'm inlined to agree. i thought it might have been an aussie accent, but i'm so used to shite american sitcoms that i've practically forgotten what we sound like. i thought my mind was playing tricks on me... an american trying to do aussie is probably a more sane explanation...

and how when you do see an aussie show, the accent seems kinda 'overdone', ha

Chuck_Of_Wah
05-13-2006, 04:53 AM
----------FOR IT HAS BEEN FORETOLD!----------

------------------"FREEBIRD"-----------------

peelme
05-13-2006, 04:55 AM
and how when you do see an aussie show, the accent seems kinda 'overdone', ha

so true!

TheEulogyOfMe
05-13-2006, 06:18 AM
G'day! Crikey! Go-Jus! (Gorgeous). 'Ello!

There's my knowledge of Austrailian accents. I can do a bunch, but Aussie isn't one of 'em.

Oh, also, what the hell is up with Aluminum. You guys pronounce it AL-I-Min-E-Um. YOu guys add an extra vowel to it.

teleincision
05-13-2006, 07:46 AM
----------FOR IT HAS BEEN FORETOLD!----------

------------------"FREEBIRD"-----------------

why did you let it out of the bag, dang it now we have to rename it....
everyone FORGET this post.... it has nothing to with conspricys..... or does it..?

evil agent
05-13-2006, 09:20 AM
The Doctor is the Crocodile Hunter.

erazorhead
05-13-2006, 05:17 PM
what the hell is up with Aluminum. You guys pronounce it AL-I-Min-E-Um. YOu guys add an extra vowel to it.

I actually used to think that ah-loo-min-um was something that i did'nt know what it was...

i was about to get mad at you and claim that we are right and you are wrong wrong wrong, but then i re-read over the spelling of the word and your interpritation of our pronunciation... so uh, carry on.

ArizonaBay
05-13-2006, 05:51 PM
why is it such an absurd theory that they might have had that picture from Aenima in mind when they recorded Lost Keys? Thats what i thought of when i heard it first, with the whole alien/lsd thing. This isnt literaly Bill, but I cant see how they could not of thought of that pic when coming up with the idea, its too similar.

Oh and that doctor is english, probably Chancellor, thats a very mild Cockney (Kent) accent, with a touch of american thrown in, you are hearing.

peelme
05-14-2006, 02:36 AM
G'day! Crikey! Go-Jus! (Gorgeous). 'Ello!

There's my knowledge of Austrailian accents. I can do a bunch, but Aussie isn't one of 'em.

Oh, also, what the hell is up with Aluminum. You guys pronounce it AL-I-Min-E-Um. YOu guys add an extra vowel to it.

we spell it different too: aluminium (Al-yew-Min-ee-um)... hence the different pronunciation i guess...

you forgot "chuck another snag on the barbie"... he he he, oh and mate...

whalethesecond
05-14-2006, 02:54 AM
its a london accent, i can't believe you people can think its australian or even someone failing at sounding australian.