Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right in Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

uroboros
05-15-2006, 06:58 PM
epic.

(setlist same as chicago)

oceanman
05-15-2006, 07:01 PM
great show, same setlist with right in two.......the show really complimented the rack of baby back ribs i had at Pegasus Taverna beforehand.....deeeelicious

wscarlet
05-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Danny Carey is scarry, and I mean SCARRY good at his craft. Every time I see hime he blows my socks off. For instance, during tonight's performance of "46 & 2" I just stood there with my jaw open in awe. So hard to explain to someone who was not there, but for all those who were there you all know what I mean.
Maynard, Adam and Justin played outstanding, as usual as well.

Tool is a live experience unlike any other, it is worth every last cent for the ticket.

Antcrusher
05-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Holy shit that was awesome.

Right In Two was my highlight, it was just amazing.

Forty Six and Two was badass, as was Aenema. What a way to close the show.

I couldn't have asked for more and I can't wait for the Fall tour.

buster hymen
05-15-2006, 07:39 PM
lk/rosetta stoned
stinkfist
46&2
jambi
schism
right in two
sober
lateralus
vicarious
aenema

thats what I remember anyways I think I may have forgotten a few already though.

I was hoping to see em play the pot, prison sex, opiate and parabol/a too though but they played stinkfist so I was satisfied. I could have done without sober, right in two and schism especially those ones just happen to be down the list for myself.

great show though worth the bucks absolutely

monaszy
05-15-2006, 07:45 PM
The show was amazing.

I was expecting the curtain to open sideways but instead it went up, and there already Justin with his base starting with Lost Keys (instrumental) illuminated with blue unearthly light. After a while Adam showed up followed by Carrey who got even more applause that Maynard himself.

Thats funny but at the minute when show started you could smell grass. Was it a band getting us high?

Setlist was the same but with Right in Two.

Of course I am a fan but a little bit of criticism is always constructive. Visuals for songs from 10000 days weren't any good. Propably they changed during The Big Tour.

Maynard was very jovial and relaxed. Joked a lot. Anyone remember what he was saying?

I still hear ringing in my ears.

Show was great!!!

BEfore the doors were open I stood for a while by their buses and even saw Adam walking through back door who was unwilling to sign any autographs. I think each member of the band has his own bus. Maynard has the blueish one.

I can't wait what other people write about the show.

Now I pine away...

ddygu
05-15-2006, 07:47 PM
"Jesus fucking Christ you guys are fuckin' loud." MJK. Sums up the show. Amazing in every aspect.

Maranello550
05-15-2006, 07:53 PM
uhhhhh

1st tool show.

Lateralus by far was the best for me.

the ending blew my head off , the way he just held his hands up.

and i never knew there was an extended live version of schism, but it soudned good.

the intro to sober was sweeeeeeeet

only complaint was sometimes it was a little difficult to hear maynard , i'm not sure if thats his problem or the equiptment or the theater or whatever though. and why the hell did it start so late?

buster hymen
05-15-2006, 07:57 PM
only complaint was sometimes it was a little difficult to hear maynard , i'm not sure if thats his problem or the equiptment or the theater or whatever though. and why the hell did it start so late?

I noticed the vocal problems too, I'm not sure what caused it though.

I would guess they started late because everyone was so slow to get in with the security they had

monaszy
05-15-2006, 07:57 PM
I was a little dissapointed with the joke about adding a wing to his vinyard. He repeated himself. People wrote that MJK said the same thing during some other show.

SAGET
05-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Wow. First Tool concert. Amazing. Just amazing. This was the best experience of my short little life. And it probably always will be. The only disappointment was the Talk Box solo on Jambi was barely audible.

Fuck. I can't really think straight. Im just going crazy. The only thing that sucks is the rain kind of ruined my poster. Hopefully when I get a frame it'll his the tear.

OneEru- I doubt anyone was able to get a camera in there.

empee
05-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Amazing show as always, I'm not sure if it was just because I was closer or if the screens with the visuals on them were bigger than on the Lateralus tour, but it sure seemed like they were bigger. Danny Carey is the most awe-inspiring musician I've ever watched perform.

Maynard seemed a bit more talkative than the last few times I saw them as well.

masterofreality
05-15-2006, 08:11 PM
As usual, an overwhelming and enlightening experience... I am looking forward to the bigger arena shows though. I enjoyed the light mood of the band...friendly and amusing. Moments of psychedelia were perfect, especially the part preceding Vicarious.

The sound was really muddy in the main floor area (close to the orchestra pit). How did it sound in other places?

xplorer04
05-15-2006, 08:26 PM
wow. my first tool show, it was fucking great. from where i was i did not have a problem hearing anything and i could hear the talk box solo rather well. i think i was the only person there not smokeing some grass. i saw several people taking pictures and taking video with their phones.

artanis0
05-15-2006, 08:27 PM
The sound was really muddy in the main floor area (close to the orchestra pit). How did it sound in other places?

I was sitting in M7, second row. I found the sound poor personally. Only thing I could comprehend was Danny on the drums. Everything else was just too drown out.

Besides the late start, good ass show.

First Tool concert too.

Goldfoot
05-15-2006, 08:29 PM
I was sitting on the balcony and it sounded fine. Rosetta Stoned had muffled vocals it seemed, but the talk box on Jambi was perfectly audible and the rest of the show was amazing.

Ed Riverside
05-15-2006, 08:40 PM
My 8th show. Always great performances from the group. I was in F and the sound was crystal. Amazing how they can play that loud and still sound precise.

My criticism is directed to the set list. Opiate and Undertow are two albums which pulled many fans in, and to only hear Sober from the combination kinda stunk. Great song, don't get me wrong, but when you can't hear Maynard because the drunk cow next to you is belting out her version... it kinda takes away from the experience.

I will say for $66.66 I would expect a longer list of songs... especially with no opener. that said; Lateralus and Right in Two were worth the cost of the ticket.

Leitmotif612
05-15-2006, 08:41 PM
They hung out on the stage for a while sorta soaking up the crowd and waving/thanking the crowd. They all seemed very happy and enjoyable. The visual screens were incredible, it looked like they were 10' by 12' HDtv's!!

Maynard was talking about the Pistons playing too. He mentioned something, which yielded little crowd response, then said "ok, how about 'go pistons'?".

bowie_invasion
05-15-2006, 08:42 PM
kick ass show super tired write more in the morning

right in two was the hightlight

i really like sober but ever song kicked ass

drrobert6
05-15-2006, 08:42 PM
This is my 3rd Tool show...(Voodoo Fest, New Orleans & Pensacola, both Lateralus tours)

Musically the show was very good. Disappointed they didn't play the Pot (since there was so much going around at the show!) The big difference was no visuals, similar to the Lateralus show. They really had a lot of signs about no camera phones, but nobody hassled me about mine. Got some decent shots, but nothing great. Too bad camera phones suck. I look forward to them coming back in the late Summer. (Unless of course there are terrential downpours as Maynard said).

Does anyone know what was on the screen next to Danny? It looked like a TV from the balcony...I figure they were watching the playoffs during the show.

sonofarnold
05-15-2006, 08:51 PM
that show was the best to come to detroit in a long time, the previous concerts maynard had attitude, but he was very relaxed and in a good mood, i think the whole band was in an exceptional mood

i was in the 14th row just to the right and in front of the sound board and the sound was exceptional, understood every word except for rosetta stoned. best tool show i have been to out of 5, i thought adam nailed the talk box solo, the aenima solo with the slide was a bit rusty though. definately my best show ever. lateralus was the most intense and the highlight i think.

phylleb
05-15-2006, 08:52 PM
i'm deaf, i can't speak i lost my voice. can't explain it. those who were there know what it was like and those who weren't then...wow.

slicknickshady
05-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Setlist
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right in Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Maynardisms
After Rosetta Stoned “Jesus fucking Christ you guys are fuckin' loud."

After Stinkfist

“So your pistons are not playing to well”

“I’m more of a football fan myself”

“Fuck the Clippers”

There were others but I can’t think right now.

So three and a half years since my last Tool show in October 2002 in East Lansing it is safe to say I was more than pumped for this Tool show. Got to the parking garage at 7:00 traffic was a bitch. We got in the arena at 7:45. I went to the merchandise table and got my 2 Tool tour T-Shirts and A Poster. No Tax and it was $95.00 even. We were in out seats by 7:50. Around 8:10 the lights went down and this masterpiece of a band put on one of the best shows of all time which we would know in about 95 Minutes.

Adams guitar sounded crunchy as fuck right away which it would be the rest of the show. Maynard with no shirt, a Mohawk, and a cowboy hat too boot on. His vocals sounded really good in my opinion. Danny was top notch as always and as I saw with pigmy love circus and tool three and a half years ago is he hit’s those drums so hard and is just amazing. Justin makes you forget he was brought in for Paul in 95 he sounds so good and it’s hard to imagine there was one before him and that Justin himself was not the bassist from the beginning. The images on the big screens were excellent as well.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned: It is a brilliant opener. Hands down. Maynard going nuts with leg kicks and he
Had a megaphone to change his vocals a little

Stinkfist: I love the new addition in the middle before “I keep Digging”. Everything else kick ass.

Forty Six & Two: Nothing new as I could pick up but it sounded so good.

Jambi: The talk box was awesome; Danny’s drumming is jaw dropping; Maynard nailed the vocals.

Schism: Sounded like there was a new breakdown in the middle. Purely Awesome.

Right in two: Only disappointment. Not because the song sucked because It kicks ass and it was a brilliant performance. I don’t mind not hearing The Pot because that will be played in the fall. I just don’t like how we missed out on Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient because I don’t know if that will be played on the fall tour and that’s the only song from Lateralus I have not heard live. We ended up losing a song by right in two playing.

Sober: Love MJK using the keyboard introduction and Danny using the gong. It was Beautiful.
The band sat on center stage for about two minutes. Crowd chanted Tool. Maynard says “You have to do better then boa-ties and jockstraps, we want bras and panties” “Fine we will play fucking longer”

Lateralus: One word: Amazing.

Maynard “Drive home safely and hopefully we will see you Late summer”

Vicarious: Way better live then studio. The studio version kicks ass but live takes it to a whole new level.

Ænema: One of the best Tool songs ever. The sky must have listened to MJK because it was pouring outside. You have to love Michigan Weather.

Anyway it was the best sounding concert I have been to. Tool confirmed there G.O.A.T (Greatest of all time) status. They threw pout water bottles, drumheads, picks, and drum sticks. Danny had a Clippers jersey on. Pistons lost I had to find out on the street from a homeless dude I was hoping he was fucked up but her was right they lost. It did not take away from my night though. Awesome. It’s 1:01 AM and im signing off. One thing though………………………..

“See you late summer”.

anu
05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
The Fox Theatre—like Detroit—was full of irony and contradiction. At first, I just wanted to bask in how laid back, luminescent, and luxurious it all was. It seemed that the opulent, temple-like pleasure palace was itself a profound statement of symbolism and symmetry—like Tool.

But then, there were some problems. Like security everywhere. Like binoculars confiscated and checked at the front. Like the uniformed Detroit cop that stood beside me for “Right in Two,” looking lost and bewildered. (Of course, if we as a people ‘got it’—the message of that song that is—we wouldn’t need cops and security and metal detectors.) The strict, ‘no-dancing-in-the-aisles’ vibes, and at first, the jovial yet giant people in front of us, making it hard for my wife to see, all kept me from getting relaxed and comfortable.

But cops and big buff beer drinkers would have been no worry—if it weren’t for one thing. One thing would have made it all. And it wasn’t the cost of the tickets or the travel or the sightline or too short setlist (we moved up about 10 rows, thank the goddess).

One thing made the difference between feeling it and not, between riding the wave and getting stuck with a mouth full of sand instead of sound, between perfect and ‘what the fuck?’

Sound. Before Maynard adds to the vineyard, give some hard-working Tool fans a robust bottom and a muscular middle, a stellar sound system that I can feel in my heart and testes—
not some muddy, garbled mess to test my patience.

If this is the art metal of redemptive anger, agit-prog blues, and psych-core ‘spiral out’—and not just another corporate charade of sham—then give the children what they want and need, and that’s the noise and the depth, the sonic truth. Now, I imagine from what I’ve read that some places in the venue had that—but why should it be so spotty?

Why not the back balcony? Where’s the justice in letting the poor fucks in the nosebleed section wonder why they can’t feel the blistering bass? At a few passing points, I finally could make out what Maynard said or sang for a moment, or I could feel Danny’s drums drive a stick into my heart. But other times, I was holding my ears. Praying for tidal waves of sound that did not come.

I would love to hear how others experienced the sound system. As the band builds for a return tour in arenas, I hope some integral person of integrity in the Tool organization will guarantee that people in the upper elevations aren’t dreaming about putting on the headphones when they get home. (While I write, I’m listening to the setlist with my headphones.)

As I type these reflections, I wish I could honestly say I’d seen a better show than my first Tool adventure in Nashville. But that just isn’t the case. My first Lateralus show in 2001 is still the standard by which their future shows will be judged. Having heard some really decent mixes at rock shows in larger venues, I know it’s possible to be popular and committed to a kind of quality control when it comes time to take action, to administer acoustically astonishing soundgasms that will reverberate for days.

Maynard is a risky and dangerous and powerful magician. He said he was from Akron and rooting for the Cavs against the Pistons; then, he argued that he didn’t care about it at all. Then, a song break later, he said ‘go Pistons.’ But his original, ‘I am going to fuck with these people about the game’ gesture was actually the most pure and sincere. And of course, Cleveland won tonight’s game by two points.

But on a more serious and sobering note (“Sober,” by the way, was great), his introduction to “Ænema” touched on something we should all pause and consider. He talked about the weather, insinuating with clarity, that he knew how damning and prophetic the last song would be. It was like, and I paraphrase, “If the continent isn’t covered by water by then, we’ll be back in August.” He’s obviously paying attention. Are we?

Essentially, the magic of “I’m praying for rain” is coming true. Mom is flushing it all away. From Asian tsumani to American hurricane to this week’s floods, the times spoken of as myth and prophecy in the lyrics of that song are upon us. “Some say we will see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will.” As we stepped from the crowded lobby of the Fox into the open air of Woodward Avenue, a gentle rain baptized us, and then, a torrent pounded us. Learn to swim, learn to walk to your car in a Detroit downpour.

I’m sure the band played hard, their hearts out on the line, and I hope I have the chance to see them when they come back. I hope my seats and the sound system are better. But I really care that we listen. We can decide if it’s “Intension” or “Right in Two,” whether it’s an endless death rattle that will make “Vicarious” real or a real reality shift that will realize the consciousness implied by “Jambi” and “Lateralus.”

Props to the person from Kalamazoo I met in our original Gallery B seats before moving. Props to all the parents I saw out partying with their kids. Props to all the lovers who made Monday into a maddeningly psychedelic date night.

aperfecttool-B====>
05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
perfect show , couldnt of asked for more, now its time to sit and wait for theyr returning tour from overseas but it will be worth it

APT
05-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Words cannot describe how awesome this night was.

It started off with the guys we parked next to in the parking garage bumming us about 6 beers. From there I walked towards the front of the Fox and just took pictures of the sign and all of the people walking outside. We went back to the car to put the camera away and drink a bit more. We walked to the Fox right across the street and entered. We each bought a tour shirt (#2 and #4). We entered the auditorium area and a guy bought for us. My buddy used one of the empty 32 oz. cups to get "2 refills". We drank those as we went to the roped off smoking section outside where the line of people had snaked to all the way around the building. After some walking around we entered the main theatre. This place was classy. Velvet seats and intricate walls and a monster dome-type cieling. The anticipation was building as it was past 8 and people were still pouring in. Purple light could be seen seeping from behind the curtain. And then the lights dimmed. Me and my buddy were 5th row in F5 so we were about 15 feet from the speakers. Justins bass began shreaking as the curtains acended, thus beginning a monster of a concert. Each thump on the drums or strum on the guitar sent a vibration through my body.

After Rosetta Stoned concluded the place was roaring and Maynard says, "Jesus Christ you guys are fucking loud."

Justin impressed me the most I think and he seemed so into it. At points he was stomping his foot like Maynard use to do.

The alternative versions of Stinkfist and Schism were so very kick ass.

Maynard said the Pistons were having trouble with the Cavs and people booed. So then he says well I'm from Akron area so I'm torn. Then he says well all I know is fuck the Clippers (Danny had a Clippers jersey on) and everyone cheered while Danny just laughed while shaking his head.

I really wasn't even paying attention to the screens. One section of the Mezz level was sitting down I'm not sure what was up with them.

My ears still feel like someone is holding big seashells up to them.

anu
05-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Each thump on the drums or strum on the guitar sent a vibration through my body.

I'm not really jealous (I'm glad for you), but I flew from Tennessee to get one taste of this feeling you describe, and the chemistry never kicked in.

I'm thrilled to know it's still possible.

While Maynard keeps praying for rain, I'm also praying for better seats for the next set of shows.

APT
05-15-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm not really jealous (I'm glad for you), but I flew from Tennessee to get one taste of this feeling you describe, and the chemistry never kicked in.

I'm thrilled to know it's still possible.

While Maynard keeps praying for rain, I'm also praying for better seats for the next set of shows.

I'm sorry to hear. This was my first and probably my last Tool concert I'll ever get to attend and I am greatful it lived up to my expectations.

Even the quiet parts of the songs, such as right after the initial climax of Lateralus, were booming live.

Vexom
05-15-2006, 09:46 PM
First Tool concert for me, had really high expectations going in and Tool delivered even more than I anticipated. The sound was amazing, I didn't think a concert could sound so good. I think the back of the floor level was perfect sound wise, you could feel it for sure but it also didn't completely kill my ears. The visuals were great but I can't wait to see more in the later tour. Simply amazing.

eboyer
05-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Wow. You know just as well as I do words can not describe what Tool put on tonight.

I was screaming every word of aenima, almost crying I had so much excitment, wanting it to not end. Absolutly Fucking Amazing. worth every fuckin penny i spent on that scalped ticket.

F3 row GG, seat 302

Late summer it is maynard... I will see you again soon.

rembrandt_q_einstein
05-15-2006, 10:16 PM
amazing... what an inspiring, brilliant performance. all 4 of them seemed to be right on the money... damn my eyes are still ringing. vicarious and Ænema were the perfect closers. when maynard came in on that last "vicariously i live while the whole world dies" i nearly pissed myself. lost keys and rosetta stoned were splendid openers... also it was cool to see right in two performed for only the second time live. the extended version of stinkfist (suspicious minds?) sticks out in my mind... this was my 3rd time seeing maynard with TOOL and the 6th time overall and he has yet to let me down with a performance yet... cant wait for the arena shows

tigerf117
05-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Wow, F2 Row E aisle seat. I must hit at least 5 people going through the aisle. It was incredibly loud, i could belch out all the words and hear absolutely nothing but music. Couldn't hear a single other person near me. Great fuckin concert. They were late because it took a lot longer for everyone to get through security. I got there at 430 and waited till they opened the doors at 630 and went straight it. Sound was great from up close where I was. Can't wait till when they come back. Worth the $200

kirecoma
05-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Was my 8th TOOL show. Unbeliveable perfomance as always.
The sound was a little messed up for Rosetta Stoned, but they seemed to get the sound a little better after that. That was the song I was looking forward to most. But it was still great.

I think the show may have started late due to problems/complications with Adams pedal setup. It looked like several of the sound guys kept tinkering with it and going and getting other people to help for at least 15 or 20 minutes. Then it looked like they finally brought out what looked to be like a small mixing board and swapped it out.
They may have also been waiting on more of the crowd to get through the tighter then airport security at the front door.

Morningrise
05-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Obviously no one can say that it was a bad show. But I do agree with the people that said the sound could have been better. Perhaps it's because I was in the balcony. Still good times though...Sober was definitely a highlight. The solo in Jambi was definitely heavy, despite the fact the show wasn't as loud as it could have been. Glad to hear Right in Two. Doesn't seem like there's too many better all-around musicians than Danny. Someone who's amazing at what he does. Doesn't play too much when unecessary, but when the time's right, just decides he's gonna bang on some fucking drums. It was nice to see that they appreciated us being there. I've been to shows where nobody says anything period. Seems like you can't go to a concert for under $100 anymore(tickets, gas, parking, drinks, food, merch) So it's nice to know that the band is thankful for the support.

Thats it for my meaningless two or three cents.

Blake_Astro_T00L
05-15-2006, 11:48 PM
I thought when Maynard said ("I dedicate this set to Satan." then after some cheers he says in a sinistar voice "Drive home safely") was pretty funny.

I was hoping to sit near some cool Tool fans but no dice. The back was empty till 5 minutes before the show. The people around me in the back were boring stiffs. The 2 guys next to me were sitting down or leaving during more then half the show. Ah well I still had fun. I saw people smoking joints near me but i couldn't even smell it. I happened to be one seat from the isle so that ruled out any possibility of sparking up a stinky Canadian joint. Good thing I didn't cause as soon as I smelled some the security was kicking a guy out for smoking one.

aenima4386
05-15-2006, 11:59 PM
show was absolutley amazing. im too tired to say much more. i just got back, 3 hour drive plus ii was with about 12 other people that waited 2.5 hours in the rain after the show by the busses. adam just waved and got on the bus. justin came over and said some stuff and shook all our hands. danny came over and shook hands, too, but that crazy crackhead that was screaming scared him away i think. if you were there you know what im talkin bout. plus you guys gave him money, lol

tomatoms
05-16-2006, 12:34 AM
what a wonderful night in Satan. best experience of my life, i jammed harder at this show than any other. And god damn, when you do such, u realize, there's no one way to dance to tool, at any given moment, in any song. my mind is shot at this point, but i want to hand it to all the people that jammed, and showed these guys appreciation like no other show this tour. "jesus Fucking christ, Detroit, you guys are loud." yet, upon looking i was dissappointed to see so many 'zombies' there. apparently, these people are fucking everywhere. someone give them a cold (beer?) shower or something.

I had a woman next to me who was pregnant, and i tapped her on the shoulder before the lights went down and said 'what a fortunate child.' she pointed to the father and said 'that's what he thinks.' good laugh. I threw all my energy at my buddy to avoid hitting her. we are both bruised as fuck, him moreso. and my fucking body aches tremendously.

I could have been in a suite but i chose the seats i had because i thought it'd be better sound, in the center (GA) balcony and all. boy was i right. that show sounded absolutely amazing. i feel bad reading people's distaste with it. My only complaint would be Adam sounding a bit low on Rosetta Stoned. I saw him talking to techs during Stinkfist. Other than that, beautiful levels, just fucking incredible sensations from such great sound. Adam's stuff just chills me to my core. it's so much more impactful hearing musicianship such as this live. that said, lost keys was a hell of an opener. all I have to do is move to the music, not even, and flushes of energy float through my head and down my spine.

my buddy said at some point maynard said "when we were here last we asked you to evolve. we see you have." can anyone confirm? i think that was before lateralus. all i heard him say there was 'satan.' and i was like 'fuck yeah, satan.' I actually thought lateralus was dedicated to satan, but it was the whole set! lateralus is a satan song if i've ever heard one. encouraging people to investigate their divinity!? EVIL! LOL

I had a few extremely powerful 'mental' moments, a (electric sadness) feeling i'm somewhat familiar with came after they finished stinkfist. i tried to send it to the mayn man, who's influence on me brought it about. tool will make my brain release chemicals and cause reactions as if i were on drugs, but it is a widely varied experience. unexplainable, really. another was during right in two. these were brought on from thinking about the subject matter of the songs, in conjunction with the music. Tell tale is the feeling after the show, were your brain feels caked, like you just got down off e or some acid, or something relatively mind-blowing.

Highlights for me were: why even try.. the whole fucking show was the highlight. i hate to point it out, but schism was the weakest song for me. still awesome. whatever came before it, i must have been still stuck on.

my friend and I agreed after jambi that the 1st 3 songs alone were worth the 120 we paid. tool is the most powerful musical force on the planet. why? beauty.

i bear witness.

Blake_Astro_T00L
05-16-2006, 01:07 AM
“You have to do better then boa-ties and jockstraps...oh look a loafer...we want bras and panties...come on Detroit that's not very rock and roll like of you”...cheers from the crowd...“Fine we will play fucking longer”.

mixgrafix
05-16-2006, 03:29 AM
Fourth Row Orchestra Pit. I was amazed how loud the sound was, but not distorted one Iota. I was blown away by this show for a few reasons. 1) The coolness of the crowd around me. 2) The people in the seats next to me were gone for 3/4 of the show. i am a big guy, and it gave me a little more "elbow room". 3) Maynard is now the target of my girlfriend's vagina. It was her first TOOL show, and she thought he was the sexiest man alive. At one point she said, "I am going up on stage right now and fucking him in front of everyone." 4) After Rosetta Stoned, everything muddy was cleared up, and perfect. 5) Danny Carey. I need to say no more, but I like his new hi-hat set-up. Makes for a more visual impact of a show. 6) I dropped my ticket when I went to the bathroom, and some guy was kind enough to have given it back to me. I owe that dude huge.

kreedh2o
05-16-2006, 03:34 AM
What else can be said about this show? Unfriggin believable. I have been to many concerts, nobody is as powerful as Tool. Had AWSOME FANS around my wife and I up in GA6 Row D. All of you rocked. I couldn't believe the slugs in the orchestra pit, did somebody give them valiums or something? It was great to stand the whole time and just get into the music, Tool is a band you need to move to. Oh My God, when Aenama came on it just took it to another level. Great closing song. Like I said, great Tool Fans around us, you could actually hear all of us screaming the lyrics in unison. When I read the posts from the Chicago show, someone was happy the upper balcony sat the whole time, I don't get it.

Well worth the $300 for my wife and I to go, Tool was awsome but the fans around us impressed me just as much. The only other fans I know who enjoyed a band as much were dead heads. I was fortunate enough to see the deads last show in chi-town, very similar atmosphere in terms of the passion of true Tool fans. Yes, I know, completely opposite music.

The only other songs I would have loved to have heard is the grudge and opiate. Hopefully in the summer and another $300 bucks I can hear em!

tooljunky
05-16-2006, 04:23 AM
just to correct what he said about basketball,
"pistons are having a tough time right now with the cavs"
"I'm from Akron so I'm on the fence for this one"
"fuck the la clippers" as carrey was wearing his clippers jersey

jmpatrick
05-16-2006, 04:35 AM
Good show. Very interesting to see the band in relative calm (no moshing). It's a different experience when the crowd is swirling, more like a religious experience. This show was much more restrained, which allowed me to pay closer attention to just how good the band really is. Musically, they seemed a bit twitchy for the first couple songs...lots of nods and visual cues between the guys to keep things together. Maynard's voice was straining early on, but settled down by Forty Six & 2. Overall, the sound was balanced and loud. You could really feel the bass.

tooljunky
05-16-2006, 04:41 AM
I have two comment on the two jackasses by me.
First, they paid in excess of $300 per ticket on ebay.
The one guys was so drunk he was passed out for the entire show. No kidding, he had his head down and out the entire show.

His buddy was a scumbag who thought it was pretty neat to show us videos of his girlfriend fingering herself on his cellphone.

What a scum bag.
Basically, like the two biggest losers in the place to sit by. Other than that, some cool people around us.

houstoer
05-16-2006, 04:42 AM
Wow. Great show overall. We were 40 rows back (NN) in middle section F3. Sound was excellent from there. Not too loud, but could make out everything Maynard was saying. Loved the extended version of Schism, never heard that before. Lateralus/Jambi/Aenima were my favorites (Jambi KICKED ASS live). Right in two was good, but a couple dicks behind me was shouting during the entire song. Maynard was hillarious. Loved when he was talking about the Pistons then said "SSSHHHHHH, just play some fucking music", then busted out into Stinkfist. Very funny. Only second Tool show for me, and by far the best. Great venue, great band, great time. Can't wait to see them again!!

i_rose_i_roared
05-16-2006, 04:54 AM
Good show. Very interesting to see the band in relative calm (no moshing). It's a different experience when the crowd is swirling, more like a religious experience. This show was much more restrained, which allowed me to pay closer attention to just how good the band really is. Musically, they seemed a bit twitchy for the first couple songs...lots of nods and visual cues between the guys to keep things together. Maynard's voice was straining early on, but settled down by Forty Six & 2. Overall, the sound was balanced and loud. You could really feel the bass.

I completely agree. This was my third show and it was nice to not have to worry about a broken ankle or a concussion and just focus on the music and let it take you for a ride for 90 minutes. I also noticed the shakiness and the visual cues in some of the new songs. Adam is ususally heads-down and he was definitely looking to Danny and Justin to keep the shit together. They of course pulled it off. I can die a happy person now. The show was mind-blowing.

ExtraJuice
05-16-2006, 05:00 AM
This was my 12th Tool show. So, I have a little experience ... you might say. A few quick thoughts about the NEW Tool. Maynard seems much more comfortable with the crowd than the first shows I saw in 1996. More jolly and less serious. His voice isn't quite like it used to be but it is still amazing. He's definately trying to save his voice for the long tour. I do have 1 criticism that I think is important to note. For those of you who have only seen them on the Lateralus and 10,000 Days tour, he hasn't always been on his platform. Pre-Lateralus, he would be right between Justin and Adam and flailing and dancing to every song. I was always amazed how he kept his balance. But, the guy is 42 years old, I shouldn't expect him to be as limber. But, I'd sure like to see him come down from his platform and get a little closer to the fans. Regardless, Maynard is still the life of the show. As for the rest of the band. AMAZING. Danny, Adam and Justin are great artists.

One last addition to Maynards quotes. After he mentioned the Pistons were having trouble with the Cavs he said something along the lines of, "What is that football? I don't really follow" then he said "Fuck the Clippers", as Danny was wearing a Clippers jersey.

Bakeup
05-16-2006, 05:14 AM
That show was awesome. Tool played great. I thought the best song was definately Laterallus, with a killer gong at the end. Danny Carey is a god amongst men. Everone else in the band is good, but he is on a whole other level. During Jambi or Right in Two (I can't remember), I was just in absolute awe at his playing. Every aspect (his technical ability, his writing ability, and his style) is unbelievable. It was interesting to see that Justin was playing the feedback at the beginning of Lost Keys and Right In Two. I thought it was guitar on the album.

The security at the show was rediculous. They had walk through metal detectors and wands. It was soooo slooowww. But, once we were inside, it was great. My seats were on the far left, in the third row of F1. We were right in front of a woofer, and damn that's a lot of bass.

It looked like Danny Carey had 3 of those Mandala drums that he co-designed (at least on the side I could see), and a laptop to operate them, correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh yeah, and Vicarious is the shit live.

nubtorious
05-16-2006, 05:16 AM
First Tool show...worth every dollar of my scalped ticket. I was up in the Mezzanine which ended up being great seats as we had a clear view of everything. The sound...ehh, not great, but who cares if you're a Tool fan because you know all the songs anyway and just the experience and power of the band rocking out live overcomes that the sound quality could have been better. Like many other people on here, I was surprised/disappointed that we didn't hear The Pot. I would have traded Right in Two and Schism to hear that and The Patient...its not that those songs didn't hit the spot but they didn't seem to flow with the whole explosive energy of the concert. but hey, wait until late summer. everyone in front remained sitting up in the center right of the Mezz, they seemed kinda catatonic but I was grateful that they remained sitting so I could see better. Hell, I remained seated until Vicarious and AEnema, just to take everything in, then those songs were just explosive, had me on my feet screaming out the lyrics, so much fun to be there with all the other Tool fans. I can't listen to their albums for awhile now because they pale in comparison to this concert, its hard to return to banal existence after that, can't wait for next one in late summer!

Bakeup
05-16-2006, 05:22 AM
I rebmember Maynard said something in the middle of the set, and followed it up with a "Go Pistons." Does anyone remember what he said?

lowry
05-16-2006, 05:55 AM
I rebmember Maynard said something in the middle of the set, and followed it up with a "Go Pistons." Does anyone remember what he said?

I remember after that he said something like, "ok, we'll just shut up and play", or something like that.

anu
05-16-2006, 06:08 AM
Well, folks, I guess I am pleased to be the "exception to the rule" that Tool still "rules' (as it were) in our sound-hungry hearts.

There's two Maynardisms I want to get the transcript right on (I obviously was a little off on the Pistons quote). Before lateralus, right before or right after the dedication to satan, he said something about exposing us to "the evilness of free thought"--anyone catch that?

Then, before Aenema, what were his exact words that I tried to paraphrase about fire and flood?

When tickets come on sale for the next leg, I am definitely going to prioritize being close enough to hear. To anyone who thought my original post about lacking sound quality was too cynical or even whiny, please note that we were in the high rafters off to the side. Of my two previous shows (Nashville, October 2001 and Knoxville, November 2002), we had the best seats in 2001.

I will make sure I am on a fast internet connection when the shows go on sale.

(When will we know anyway??)

The Detroit Free Press rock critic agrees with most of you, and you can read that here:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060516/ENT04/605160435/-1/BUSINESS07

HarryManback2122
05-16-2006, 06:21 AM
Wow thats about all I can say i'm fuckin speachless. I'v seen Tool a handful of times all over including sat. in chicago but this show blew me away

vicarious
05-16-2006, 07:11 AM
The show was good. I've seen Tool at the State Theatre for their last 3 albums and this show didn't compare.

The sound was good but not great. The setlist was pretty good but I'd change 1/2 of it.

Overall it was a 8.5/10.

Kinesthesis
05-16-2006, 07:30 AM
Exciting to see the boys again after such a long break. The sound was a little funky at the beginning, but overall it was a great show. Maynard had some fun antics on his platform. I miss his style on the Lateralus tour, where he'd be more mobile and intense. Very cool to see the talkbox live. You can see how difficult it must be to nail that. The venue was freakin' awesome. The place pretty much lives up to the hype you see in the pics. I found that badass water fountain, if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Saw a dude right up front catch Danny's stick. Anyone catch one of the 20 water bottles thrown at the end?

Kinesthesis
05-16-2006, 07:31 AM
I remember after that he said something like, "ok, we'll just shut up and play", or something like that.

Yeah, he said "Fuck it, we'll play some more."

Magilacuti
05-16-2006, 07:34 AM
One part that sticks out to me after sleeping on the concert is schism. That's not even close to one of my favorite tool songs, but that song had so much energy from the crowd it was amazing. Also high pitched guitar opening to stinkfist gave me the chills. All in all is was worth every penny, and Lateralus stole the show.

Murock
05-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Best concert ever. The power of tool left me speechless.

theninja
05-16-2006, 07:50 AM
My first time to see Tool. Definitely worth the drive, the ticket price, security and the bitches behind me continuously screaming "Fuck! Oh my god it's Tool"

Rosetta stoned was a great opener and the extended schism seriously rocked fox theater. Of course it would have been nice if they played some other songs as well but I guess with so many to choose from, what can ya do. Great show.

vicarious
05-16-2006, 08:10 AM
The 1st time at the State Theatre was in 1993 and it was $10 to get in. It sold out the 1st day it went on sale.

The 2nd time was in 1996 and it sold out in 2 minutes.

The 3rd time was in 2001 and it sold out in 1 minute.

Myers3403
05-16-2006, 08:16 AM
god damn...shit myself. Not really but thats the best way I could put my diviginization of a live tool show!

trixie
05-16-2006, 08:34 AM
I had a great time last nite. A friend called me early yesterday and hooked me up with 4th row orchestra seats. It always seems like I am hooking others up for shows and it really hit deep to have it come back around for this show. Sold my ticket for ½ of what I paid and used it to buy us both shirts.

The show itself was just up close and personal for me. Yea, the sound wasn’t too great at times (muddy) and the only thing I understood from Maynard was “Pistons”. It just felt good to be there, feel the bass, sing along, and dance around. Honestly, the 2001 State show was way louder and more intense but, I guess the band is “maturing”? I’m really trying to appreciate what they are putting out there and not wishing for the Nard’s hunchback alien dance. What was up with his crazy bird dance at the beginning of Jambi? Love it! His whole bull riding cowboy thing is really workin for him.  It was sweet to watch Justin check out the crowd and just get off on it. Love it when the bass just rattles your chest! Yes, I’d love to hear more of the old but, their new shit is really drawing me in too.
The whole set really was amazing!

tool user
05-16-2006, 08:59 AM
i don't understand why they choose to play so many new songs. what the fuck is wrong with a few songs from opiate? what about prison sex or bottom from undertow. its kinda lame if you ask me. i'd much rather hear eulogy or hooker with a penis than right in two or rosetta stoned. fans want to be rocked. where is the menacing anger and aggression they talk about in the new interviews??? bullshit.

its a shame to play such a short set too. bogus guys. bogus.

thatwashardcore
05-16-2006, 09:05 AM
I love Tool, and they did NOT disappoint me for my first concert...great sound, great energy, great setlist. The only complaint I have really, is the people I was sitting around. 2 stupid fucks to the side of me got yelled at by security 3 fucking times for smoking. I love how rude and disrespectful people are. And, I'm only 5' 3". And having a dumbass drunk couple in front of me waving their arms and making out and blocking my view was NOT fun. But like I said, the band was amazing.

adda da suh
05-16-2006, 09:09 AM
As usual, an overwhelming and enlightening experience... I am looking forward to the bigger arena shows though. I enjoyed the light mood of the band...friendly and amusing. Moments of psychedelia were perfect, especially the part preceding Vicarious.

I was two rows behind and to the right of the soundboard, and it was perfect, I would have changed nothing. They also had 4 mics set up at the soundboard recording the show.

Kinesthesis
05-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I love Tool, and they did NOT disappoint me for my first concert...great sound, great energy, great setlist. The only complaint I have really, is the people I was sitting around. 2 stupid fucks to the side of me got yelled at by security 3 fucking times for smoking. I love how rude and disrespectful people are. And, I'm only 5' 3". And having a dumbass drunk couple in front of me waving their arms and making out and blocking my view was NOT fun. But like I said, the band was amazing.

Yeah, I had a flower-loving hippy chick in front of me dancing to Aenima like she did some peyote or shit. She was in need of punishment. Several people around us were smoking cigs and blazing. It was funny watching some security with the little flashlights trying to bust people. I saw a few cam phones around the area so I'm sure there will be some pics. People need to be sure to post those on Flickr.

bowie_invasion
05-16-2006, 10:40 AM
this show was amazing i have no complants yeah there are some songs i would have liked to hear but they really cant have a bad setlest. The money was well worth it just knowing that i will never be able to see them in that setting again and that theater was fuckin sweet

ticket $160
parking $10
pot $35
taking rips out of a gravity bong in my car before the show priceless

aenima4386
05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
no words can describe tool live

the highlights for me would be
the latter half of 46&2
jam during schism
aenima closing the set.

also love the extended version of stinkfist so i was glad i got to hear that again.

my only complaint would be some of the morons at the show.
those of us that truely love tool and their music, and would give body parts to be at the show and have great seats, have to deal with white trash morons who miss 3 or 4 songs of the show bc they cant go 5 minutes without drinking beer.

they were constantly bumping me going in and out of their seats, or talking loudly and blocking my view.

i was so glad to hear "right in two" but apparently bc it wasnt loud and screaming, or nascar, the morons in front of us dont have a good enough attention span. so they stand there and start a screaming conversation about who knows what, but it was enough to throw off me being able to enjoy the song.

it just sucks that those of us who really want to be there and soak it all in cant all be up front where we deserve, while people that just want to hear some loud music and get drunk sit in the back.

ok thats the end of my rant. TOOL fucking rocks and thats all there is. great show guys.

met danny and justin, cant beat that!!

Crawlaway 13
05-16-2006, 10:59 AM
WOW!! The show ROCKED! The acoustics at the Fox were great. From Gallery B the sound was pretty clear. Oh yeah, and LOUD! The boys really put on a great show. First time seeing TOOL live, but won't be last! Will be at the Palace 9/16/06 for their return. Rank this show right up with the Pink Floyd show I saw in 1977! Buy far TOOL is the best band out there today. Glad my first time seeing them was at the Fox, even though I was raped 240 bucks for two tickets. Not a bad seat in the house. Crowd around us was downright friendly. Made the night that much more magical. Thanks Tool for giving this old man his first concert to remember since the 70's. See y'all in SEPTEMBER!!!!!

thejesus
05-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Great show...loved the bridge/solo in Stinkfist...and Jambi was amazing live...why doesn't sound like that in my car!?

Was sad I didn't get to hear The Pot live

P.S. Why did MJK leave the stage for like 5 minutes before Sober?

metric
05-16-2006, 11:07 AM
My first tool show, and an amazing time. I drove from Buffalo because Detroit was the next closest thing after not being able to get toronto Toronto, it was well worth it. I was especially surprised and delighted to see that the harmonic parts in right in two is actually Justin on bass! Fun shit.

pork chops
05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
this was my 5th tool show and i would have to say that it was by far the best show i have ever been to. the sound was amazing, however it really was hard to hear maynard when he talked to the crowd. but what do i care, the music was amazing.

the whole show was absolutly fantastic and i would be hard pressed to pick a favorite song as all were amazing. i will say that the best moment for me was during right in two form the tabla drumming until the end of the song. that was unbelievable to see danny just go to town on the drums. it sent chills down my spine . there is not a drummer on the planet that can hold a candle to danny. the same goes for justin as well. my level of appreciation for him has increased 100% after witnessing the things that he can do with the bass guitar. he manipulates sounds out of that thing that i didn't know it could make. truly amazing.

adam was adam. he blew about 4 notes through that show but that is to be expected. the thing that gets me is it always seems to be after a long extension in which justin and danny are just feeding off of eachother and adam is either just holding one note or not playing at all. you would think that he would be able to get the right pedal comination selected while he's not doing anything. but either way you pretty mush have to expect him to blow a few during the show so it's water under the bridge.

the crowd was so loud and it was so powerful to be a part of it. i just sat there and let the music wash over me, sometimes my hands held high and my eyes closed and sometimes jaw dropped and amazed.

i went to the show with the expectation to be blown away and tool delievered. best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisFist
05-16-2006, 11:26 AM
I think the show may have started late due to problems/complications with Adams pedal setup. It looked like several of the sound guys kept tinkering with it and going and getting other people to help for at least 15 or 20 minutes. Then it looked like they finally brought out what looked to be like a small mixing board and swapped it out.

For what it's worth, that was a Moog Pedal board, or some variation thereof, which was not working. After fiddling with it for some time, they swapped it out for a back-up unit.

He played it on "Rosetta Stoned" and at least one other song, but I can't recall which one it was.

Justin also used a whammy pedal of some variety for the harmonic
'bending" he does on "Right in Two" and a similar bending on "Schism". Always wondered how he did it.

I was in section CC, far right (facing the stage), on the main floor about 10 rows under the balcony overhang. From there, I didn't think it was that loud, in fact, I would have liked it much louder. The drums and bass were not muddied from there and the vocals were crisp - my only real complaint about the evening was that Adam's guitar was way too low in the mix. Of course, from that side, I didn't get any of his stage volume.

Great show, and one shitty 3 1/2 hour drive home in the pouring rain. Well worth it, though.

sco999
05-16-2006, 11:44 AM
The sound was so much better here than it was in chicago. The crowd was definately more into it here than in chicago. All in all this show blew the chicago show away. What an amazing show. So glad I got to see them without having to fight may way to the front and trying to hold back thousands of pushing & shoving sweaty fans. Must have been the only tool show I have seen where all the sweat on my body only belonged to me. No scabies or ringworm. Hell Yeah. Rosetta Stoned was such a good opener. Thats the way to do it, no opening band a little feed back, then "Alrighty then, Picture this if you will" ROCK MY FUCKING FACE OFF YEAH!!!!!

sburhans
05-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Wow, what a great show, no one can touch Tool. I was main floor in front of Justin, I SAID I WAS MAINFLOOR IN FRONT OF JUSTIN, sorry, it was freakin' LOUD!!
Aenema and Jambi were incredible as was everything. Would have loved to hear "The Pot" and "Prison Sex" and they could have played longer, but does not detract from the amazing show! Did I mention it was loud. Danny is the man.

burning bridges
05-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Amazing show.

Security was a bitch and I had an aisle seat so I couldn't light up my joint.
Second time to ever play Right In Two, and I was there.

Blake_Astro_T00L
05-16-2006, 12:34 PM
"We just released our new album and I want everyone to go buy a copy because I want to add another wing to my vinyard."

"So your pistons aren't playing to well"..."Danny is a Cavs fan."..."I'm from Akron so i'm kinda on the fence"...then he says "well all I know is Fuck the Clippers!"

Maynard Came back saying "Go Pistons!" Then he says "I don't pay much attention to football myself, or is that hockey."....."SSSHHHHHH, just play some fucking music".

"You have to do better then boa-ties and jockstraps...oh look a loafer...we want bras and panties...come on Detroit that's not very rock and roll like of you.....Fine we will play fucking longer."

"I dedicate this set to Satan." ...."Drive home safely".

meloren
05-16-2006, 12:35 PM
great show, highlight for me was Right In Two, loved that one live!! this was my 13th or 14th time seeing them live. first time was at the phoenix(sp?) ampitheatre in pontiac. any setlist is great but i did want to see The Pot live. The best Tool show i ever saw was the state theatre when phsycotica opened, Tool made the wait through that band well worth it. i also seem to remember the Melvins opening for them another time at the State, not failure, but i could be wrong, although the Melvins have opened for them numerous times when i saw them.
The sound was good from where i was gb2. all the fans around us were great, alot of smoke in the air, such a beautiful theatre i hope everyone was respectful of the venue with their smokes. aenema was also amazing, i couldn't decide who to look at during that song, justin chugging away on his bass, or danny tearing up the drums. this show brings back great memories from my earlier times seeing them, the last time was at the palace for lateralus, great show but Tool is to intimate(sp.) a band for such a big place. All in all this new album and the show last night was well worth the wait. i am tired of bands kicking out sub par albums every year. taking time to do something special like Tool is doing is a breath of fresh air in a time when our choices in music that you can feel and truly enjoy are very limited.

This is our last song........off our first album.

trixie
05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
my only complaint would be some of the morons at the show.
those of us that truely love tool and their music, and would give body parts to be at the show and have great seats, have to deal with white trash morons who miss 3 or 4 songs of the show bc they cant go 5 minutes without drinking beer.

it just sucks that those of us who really want to be there and soak it all in cant all be up front where we deserve, while people that just want to hear some loud music and get drunk sit in the back.

met danny and justin, cant beat that!!

Since the venues already have crazy fuck ass rules for attending shows, maybe we should instill a system to get licensed to attend concerts. True fans in the front.... white trash fucko's in the back. True fans must flash the hand signal Maynard made in their picture and the fuckos must get their mullets trimmed for theirs. (please recognize the sarcasm)

The guy behind me screaming "Justin" only got on my nerves 1/2 way thru the show but, his stunning personality and hip dance moves overshadowed it. Plus, he just plain fuckin stopped.... I think his wife made him. :)

So, what did Danny and Justin have to say???? How did it all go down???

wscarlet
05-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Something I need to get off my chest...

Meatheads of the world stop inflitrating Tool concerts, don't corrupt a comprehensive cerebral experience with the attitude "I wan't to fuck something up man!" I understand the notion of a release at a show but please do it somewhere else, like a shitty Limp Bizkit or Korn concert. Meatheads maybe if you listening to the lyrics and the depth of the message you may come to appreciate Tool to a higher degree, approach a level of spiritual awakening that Maynard and Co. envision with their music.

Another thing, it's hard to get into "Sober" anymore. Last night it really came to me that song has become something other then a Tool song, more like a radio entity.

tomatoms
05-16-2006, 01:33 PM
hey screw all u ppl complaining about the late start. obviously, you weren't in line outside the building at 8:35 freaking the fuck out b/c you read all other shows started at 8:15. I had people on call in the place that if the lights went down, they'd let me know and i'd charge the frickin' doors, mowing the masses (150+?) to the curb. seriously, if they had started on time, i'd have missed LK/RS and then who would be bitching? Me! For a face value refund because obviously it was the security and the slow filing-in that made it so people were still outside the venue at 8:40. rant over.

UADOS
05-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Looks as if I'm not the only one who thought the sound was terrible. Very muddled and confused. I was in F2 row F seat 206. Ahhh yes, if the guy that was standing next to me(207)is reading this, I hope you fucking die a loooong, miserable death. If anyone absolutely did not belong there,it was you. Don't show up to a Tool concert stumbling drunk. Don't ask me if they're gonna play that one song where the guy says "Fuck your god". This bitch actually passed out right before Vicarious. Anyone else see/smell this guy? Dirty white shirt, long pony tail, smelled like a bag of assholes.. Its rather upsetting that maybe 1/2 the people in the Fox Theatre knew anything about the band. Tool should have applications for tickets. Such bullshit some of you paid $300 to see the show and people with no appreciation for the band whatsoever get in for free AND ruin the expirience for everyone in a 10 ft radius. Sigh. Ahh well, what can you do, other than piss all over the people that pass out at Tool shows. :) FUCKER!

aenima4386
05-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Since the venues already have crazy fuck ass rules for attending shows, maybe we should instill a system to get licensed to attend concerts. True fans in the front.... white trash fucko's in the back. True fans must flash the hand signal Maynard made in their picture and the fuckos must get their mullets trimmed for theirs. (please recognize the sarcasm)

The guy behind me screaming "Justin" only got on my nerves 1/2 way thru the show but, his stunning personality and hip dance moves overshadowed it. Plus, he just plain fuckin stopped.... I think his wife made him. :)

So, what did Danny and Justin have to say???? How did it all go down???

haha yeah i know that hand signal!!! lol.

but anyways we waited outside til about 1 am in the rain and they finally came out. wasnt exactly the best scenario, but ill take it. plus there was a big fence blocking us. so the interaction was through a fence. adam walked by and waved and that was it. justin stopped over just said hi and thanks and stuff like that and shook everyones hand (through the fence, lol ). danny came over and didnt get to say much bc there was a homeless crack addict guy standing there screaming "hey tool guys i need 4 dollars tool guys!" so i think that scared him away. he just said hi to everyone and shook hands and said thanks for coming out.
it was great to see them so up close and get to shake hands with them. i was honored

HarryManback2122
05-16-2006, 02:11 PM
I could do without an opening act for any Tool show. It was amazing when Danny came out. The crowd went ape shit.

collapsed shell
05-16-2006, 02:19 PM
great show as said.

found it easy to smoke pot there. i was in ga5. thought it was a great warmup and i can't wait till fall...

gerbil
05-16-2006, 02:19 PM
The show was awesome. Everything everyone else said.

I was disappointed that maybe half of the people in that theater were "Tool fans" beyond the classic "Sober rocks, man." And ditto to all those people who say stuff like, "This is Tool, man, how can you be sitting?" and bitch about "zombies." I nodded my head and tapped my foot, but the majority of the show I just wanted to space out and listen to the music. Flailing your body around and/or screaming your own version of Lateralus doesn't help anybody.

I also wish people would be more considerate. Like, with their drugs. Pot makes my stomach feel like it's imploding and it drives my fiancee to suicide. I know that more than one person on this board had to worry about crossing the US/Canadian border last night. Not always easy to do with a contact high. And, yeah, girl next to me. I was the one who pointed the security guard to you when you lit up. Stop blowing smoke at people. Asshole.

HarryManback2122
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
I'll pay 75 bucks to see them again if they play as good as they did at the Fox

Kinesthesis
05-16-2006, 02:33 PM
"You have to do better then boa-ties and jockstraps...oh look a loafer...we want bras and panties...come on Detroit that's not very rock and roll like of you.....Fine we will play fucking longer."

The last comment was "Fine, we'll fuckin' play some more."

Too bad there wasn't a sniper to pick off the kids who held up lighters during the sit-down break.

adda da suh
05-16-2006, 03:56 PM
I thought the sound was awesome, right by the soundboard is the way to go . The energy in the venue was incredible too. It was the most powerful I had heard the band (next to Cleveland in 94') to date this being my 7th show. I thought the visuals were very nice(very colorful) the way it silhouetted Maynard, and I can only imagine what the visuals will grow to become for the full tour. All in all probably the most incredible musical experience I have ever witnessed in person. I especially liked the 75 year old blue hair ushers in my section. I was just looking at them minutes before the show thinking that these poor old women(proabaly volunteers no less) had no idea what was about to happen, I mean it was friggin loud!!!

Crunchy guitars, rumbling bass and thundering drums, all accented by a stellar vocal performance....couldn't have been happier last night.

snuffy
05-16-2006, 05:37 PM
...so at the end of the show, when the band was standing on stage, I tossed a neon green soft frisby to Maynard. He staggered slightly to his left, reached down and made the grab! Show was simply amazing. I was blown away...the mushrooms may have helped.

Maranello550
05-16-2006, 05:41 PM
hah i was wondering what that was, he was looked like he was really interested in it, then gave it to danny and they threw it back. was pretty sweet.

aperfecttool-B====>
05-16-2006, 05:56 PM
lmfao your the one who threw that up there, that was great when danny when to throw it back but fucked up i was in the 3rd row in the orchestra pit and this show was bad fucking ass cant wai until they come back

Kinesthesis
05-16-2006, 05:57 PM
...so at the end of the show, when the band was standing on stage, I tossed a neon green soft frisby to Maynard. He staggered slightly to his left, reached down and made the grab! Show was simply amazing. I was blown away...the mushrooms may have helped.

Yeah, I thought Danny had it, lol.

snuffy
05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Maynard caught it, didn't really know what to do with it, so he handed to danny. Danny proceeded to try and throw it side arm and failed miserably. Musta stuck to his finger. He finally managed to toss it into the crowd. BTW...whoever caught it...I want it back!

sikko1zz
05-16-2006, 06:43 PM
my 8th TooL show and the best so far - it's just as hard to pick a favorite show as it is to pick a favorite song - but there's no doubt the venue size is what put it over the top - the $200/ea price tag times two, $150.00 in gas, $120 hotel room, 16 hours round trip from nashville (i'm from houston originally, so i'm very envious of everyone is dallas that got to attand the SMU auditorium date), having to put up with my girlfriend's driving, and trying to roll sans steady table on a frisbee - all of this would be the norm for a TooL disciple to catch a show - but to see them in the Fox theatre - this was a stage made for TooL - the ornate decor and beautiful acoustics were a perfect mate to the thousands of screaming TooLheads - there were a few people there who just didn't get it - all drunk and shit acting like they were at a fucking hole concert - but for the most part it was our fellow congregation of 'obedient' listeners there simply for the journey - now....on to the show - i'm an idiot and didn't even think of the time change, so we stroll in there @ what i thought was 7:45 and walk into the last 5 minutes of rosetta stoned - i guess it could have been worse - anyone that attends this warm-up tour has a memory that will be forever as vivid as it was that night - it was a thing of beauty - the band was one - they seemed more relaxed with the smaller venue (not that they're ever uptight) but it was like they were playing for a bunch of friends - Maynard was talking more, joking about the pistons and shit - they went on to stinkfist (extended live version!!!) - 46 & 2, jambi, schism (sweet live version), right in two (i was not expecting this AWESOME), sober, lateralus, vicarious, aenema - Maynard was more visable & was swaying as only he can, Adam, was honed in, Justin was hammering away (the hairs on my arm were moving from the sound), and Danny....oh Danny - what the hell are we supposed to say about him - a fuckin' mazing - he channelled the demons tonight - sorry for the long review, but i tried to write what i had a chance to digest over the ride home - i can tell you if i tried to write this last night, it would have been terrible due to sensory overload - again, all of you that had a chance to see this, i'm sure you feel the same way - it was a truly intimate experience with the greatest band in recorded history

UndertowCon46
05-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Saw somebody else drove from Buffalo NY... I did too and thought it was well worth the 300 miles and $175 ticket. I got to Fox so early that I was literally one of the first people in the building (they had about five or six lines at the glass doors and I was the first at one of them). That place is gorgeous. How somebody can even think of smoking up inside Fox Theatre is beyond me... total disrespect. I'm seriously shocked to see that most people thought the sound was terrible. I've been reading these concert reviews every night they played up untill I made the trip to Detroit being worried about the sound, as every show has gotten comments about being muddy and not being able to hear Maynard. I heard every single word Maynard said/sang minus a few parts of Rosetta Stoned. I was third row F6, all the way to the right. It must have been a sweet spot for sound because it was the clearest I've ever encountered in my life. Not as loud as I expected, but I'll take being able to hear every detail any day when it comes to Tool. I didn't read the Chicago reviews, so I almost shit myself when Schism came on in a different order from the other setlists. I knew something was up. Then I recognized Intention playing for about five seconds and reached a whole new level of pumped when Right In Two started... I thought for the first time ever. Didn't mind losing The Pot because it'll be back for the arena tour, but as said by others... missing The Patient sucked big time. The song has eluded me again (last time on the Lateralus Tour) and isn't a song that will likely come up again often if ever.

Best song performances in my opinion:
Jambi was the first song to blow me away, Right In Two was a great mood change and total surprise, Lateralus... no words necessary as usual, Vicarious: HOLY SHIT, I think Maynard blew over the whole theatre for the final part, and Aenima. Aenima was insane!!! Seen it before, wasn't really interested in seeing it again as its starting to fall into the Sober category for me, but it BLEW THE ROOF OFF!

Stood in the rain for an hour or more by that fence with about 12 people or so, but knowing I was reaching dangerous levels of cold and still had to drive 300 miles cut the wait short. Cool you other die-hards got to meet Danny and Justin.

newsuicide35
05-16-2006, 08:34 PM
TooL:Fucking awesome show. Daney Carey/Justin Chancellor are the most under-rated rhythm section in any band ever.

Setlist:
Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
AEnima

I wish they wouldve played parabol/parabola, the pot, or eulogy instead of right in two..

best song of the night in my opinion was Vicarious, the band just seemed to click together and nailed every part of that song.

Quotes of the night:
"We have a new record that just came out recently, if you don't have it, please buy it as soon as possible. I want to put a new wing on my winery, but I'm a few dollars short"-Maynard James Keenan

"I also want to thank Satan"-Maynard James Keenan

Can't wait til the come back in August. Great Fucking Show.

thevirusunknown
05-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Maynard caught it, didn't really know what to do with it, so he handed to danny. Danny proceeded to try and throw it side arm and failed miserably. Musta stuck to his finger. He finally managed to toss it into the crowd. BTW...whoever caught it...I want it back!
That was fucking hilarious when Maynard gave to Danny, Danny looked back and Maynard put his hands up like, "I'm not fucking with that". Good times.

Great show, not my favorite Tool show but still, great show. Hopefully we will see a bootleg of some sort surface eventually... I've been trying to get one from every show this tour and so far its been working pretty well.

Oh yeah, and I've been to a lot of theatres in a lot of cities and states but the Fox tops them all visually. Wow.

toolateralus89
05-16-2006, 08:55 PM
I'll try to keep it short since I don't really have anything new to say:

This was my first Tool show and it blew me away. Security was kind of annoying coming in, but I got there a bit early so I wasn't waiting too long. After I got in, though, they didn't bother me at all. I was in M2, fifth row. Had a great view of the stage; all of the band members and the screens. Unfortunately I thought the sound was a bit muddy where I was, especially for Rosetta Stoned. It was a bit difficult to hear Maynard when he was talking in between songs. The guitar and bass were hard to hear at times. They all performed pretty much how I imagined they would. Maynard was very animated; Adam seemed very nonchalant; Justin was a bit more animated than I expected. But Danny, my god. I can't describe the way that he plays. He is very intense to watch and he makes sure you hear every drum he hits. I think Danny impressed me the most just because I didn't think anyone could be that intense while playing drums.

The people around me were very cool. The few people that were right next to me were nice. I didn't talk to them much; they were drinking but they didn't get shit-faced and annoying. I think me and them were the only ones in my section who were standing the entire time. I didn't mind people sitting down and I understand why people would; personally, I couldn't make myself sit down, and when the people in front of me sat down it made it a bit easier to see. Nobody around me was really smoking; there was one guy in front of me who had a cigarette. I didn't smell any weed, but there may have been some around me.

I would have preferred to hear Eon Blue Apocalypse and The Patient instead of Right in Two. Schism really surprised me. It's not my favorite song but seeing it live really brings new meaning to the song. Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned were awesome songs to open with. Really set the mood for the rest of the concert. I was really glad I got to see Lateralus live; that's been one of my favorites since the first time I heard it. Ænima was a great song to close with. That's always been another one of my favorites. As soon as Maynard starting whispering "hey" and everyone realized what they were about to hear, the place just went fucking nuts. The energy from the crowd alone made that song intense, but the band really pulled that one off.

Overall, the sound was a bit muddy, I would have preferred the other setlist, but it was still a kick ass show. The whole band was amazing, but Danny really amazed me. I knew he was good from listening to the albums, but actually witnessing him going crazy during a drum solo is a completely different experience. Can't wait for the arena shows!

So much for keeping it short...

smeefsmeef
05-16-2006, 11:06 PM
The sound at the Fox was perfect... better than Pine Knob, the Palace, or at MSU by far!!!! Tool gets better and better with each performance, which is impossible.

I've never heard that many people sing along to Maynard's lyrics before. When half of the crowd screamed "god damn shit the bed," I cracked the shit up.

Most enthusiastic Tool crowd I've ever seen.

The line to get into the show was HORRENDOUS! I stood in line at 7:30 P.M. and didn't get in until 8:40 P.M. Luckily, Tool didn't start playing untill about 8:45.

I was in line in front of a couple of drunk-ass dudes drinking 40s, and my girlfriend and I lit up a J... did I mention the line was long?

Anyway... Tool live = GOD

The new part of Schism rocked, and Rosetta Stoned was so chisled that it sounded like they were playing acoustic to the CD version... i'm permanently Tooled over nowwwwwww

Dude
05-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Great concert, the extended version of Schism just fucking rocked, i think it makes the song a lot more enjoyable. Right in Two was amazing live, but my two favorites were Lateralus and Vicarious, i could just feel the energy running throughout the crowd, amazing. The scene after Aenema was just surreal, hundreds of fans with their arms straight up in the air screaming their lungs out and the guys on stage throwing various items into the crowd and giving each other hugs. I can't wait to see them again.

AnOMALOUSone
05-17-2006, 10:38 AM
1st time seeing Tool. 2nd concert ever.

6 hour drive from somewhere in Canada.
$190 canadian for my ticket [thank you ebay......]
$100 gas
$50 food
$35 tool 10,000 days 2006 tour hat
Worth every fucking red cent.

PLEASE POST YOUR PICTURES PLEASE OR EMAIL ME I really want to have a few pics from that night I want to frame a few. I had a cell but I was too much of a pussy to use it as security was like a f*cking prison.

I love the FOX theatre. Am I the only one who thought that the place felt like a temple? Christ. I didnt mind being in the nose bleeders at all. The layout was such that I had a great view and the sound ruled. Mint.

Aenema owned. Was my fave song of the night.

Lateralus made me shit. I love that song. I LOVE [I dont care what you all say] but I truly loved how the cheering after Lateralus just went on. After awhile of it, the 4 guys went and had a seat on Maynard's little stage. Everybody was just soaking it in and feeling the energy in the croud that night. Insane.

YourDaddy
05-17-2006, 10:49 AM
OK- It's been a couple of days and I must say the show still reverberates w/me. Stood in F3-row N, great spot to be in and could hear very well. People complaining about RS being muddled, I think was purposely done when MJK was singing through a megaphone in parts or maybe not, what the hell do I know. I thought the guys were in top form and have never seen them in such a light mood on stage. Very enjoyable to see them this way as I think this is more of their true to life personas. Was the fifth time seing them and although not my all time favorite show(Lateralus-Cobo Arena/State is tied for favorites) it was nonetheless a great performance. I wish they could of squeezed out a couple more songs, but oh well, I got home at a decent time. You all will appreciate this when you reach your 30's as well!!

BTW people can drink beer and act civilized. Not all beer drinkers are obnoxious, out of control fools. Anyone else catch the Parabol tease before LK/RS opener? Maybe I was imagining it. Not sure if it's been mentioned on the board. See you all in the fall!

koufax
05-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Alrighty..This is my 16th Tool show..Been seeing them since Opiate first came out and they would visit a small hole in the wall known as The Reptile House in Grand Rapids,Mi...

Setlist was killer...Visuals were great but nowhere near the Lateralus experience..Im sure they will get better as the tour goes on, as always.

A little muddy at the start, but that shaped up real quik. The Fox is designed for acoustics and when the crowd would get going, you couldnt hear the music....very very loud crowd.
Stage prescence was typical Tool, everyone took their place and they blew up. I would love to see a show like the old days when MJK would creep up to the front of the pit(well...no pit at the Fox of course) and sing right to the center of it...I miss him galavanting around the stage like the troll that just crawled from under the bridge...

LATERALIS ruled all once again...Best song of the show imho. Thats gonna be one of those they'll play for a long time...RIGHT IN TWO was amazing and I could see them adding that to the repertoire for years to come.

Would have really loved to hear Wings.../10,000 days, tho....(my mom passed about 5 months ago). That song has taken them to a new level for me...and I thought they were as high as possible.

What can I say that hasnt been said...The Fox theater in Detroit...are u kidding me..Never thought that would happen..Seeing them there was really a dream come true.

The only thing that really sucked were the two barely legals standing in front of us, dancing with their empty beer cups and slaughtering every word to every song....And then there was the meathead next to me playing airguitar the whole show....(making sure his big ass gold chain didnt get out of place)..do i sound bitter?? sorry.

The best part was how the crowd would sing along with some of the older songs..man that never gets old....nothing better than taking something beautiful and reducing it to a drunken sing along.

We did get the guy next to us totally blown out...that was great..i dont think he was expecting that at all(sec GH2,row H)...remember me buddy : )

Well, off to dedicate the rest of the year to seeing the band whenever i can..( I have only missed 1 Michigan appearance since Opiate)<---yes bragging, but I am old so i get to do that stuff!!

-K

-"If u wanna be a non-conformist then all you have to do is wear what we wear and listen to the same music we do"
-Pussy Goth-Kid from South Park

edsweets18
05-17-2006, 07:48 PM
this was my first tool show and it was fuckin awsome .....totally worth the price of the ticket. the whole show was the highlight for me and how loud it was when i could hear all of the fox singing aenima! cant wait for the late summer shows to come around. will probably hit all the michigan shows as well as any in illinois or ohio. BEST SHOW IVE EVER SEEN!!

tool user
05-18-2006, 06:28 AM
i see some people agree that they want to hear old songs too. i like the new disc and warm up dates in small venues is a cool idea. my main gripes are...short sets, having one of my favorite bands go on tour and pay high dollars to see them 'only' play the HITS and (so-so) cuts from new discs) thats not a great idea. who really thinks 'right in two' and jambi are better choices than say eulogy, third eye, sweat, swamp song, opiate...etc and so on. fuck! seriously, i was there and waited for a surprise and got nothing. when you are a band with a fanbase that is all over the internet talking about concert after concert why wouldn't you have some SURPRISES or COMPLETE LEFT TURNS in your set for the 'FANS' on a small venue tour. does anybody hear me on this?
i go see other bands all the time and they mix up the set. don't get me wrong (I love tool) but do the diehard fans a service and play something different from city to city.

all of this tells me they rehearsed the set for a week or so in a private location with lights and sound and all the effects are set to be the 'same' every night. LAME!

mix it up....play pushit, jerk off or intolorence or hooker with a penis or no quarter cover...

PALEEZE don't let me down this fall with another HITS tour. For the love of all that is good in this world.

Mix it up guys. its so predictable.

ROCK ME!!!

toddjohnson
05-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Great show........and i think everyones reviews have summed it up. I really dont understand the complaints about the sound being off because i thought it was perfect. The only part that i could see people complaining about where the first few verses of rosetta stoned when he was singing into a talk box or whatever that was....but thats the way it sounds on the cd also so maybe this people just dont know what theyre talking about. I was in F4 row G, so i guess i cant talk for the people who were in the balcony. For all you people who complain about the set list you should do what i did. I stayed away from this sites concert reviews forum before the show.....so i went into the show having pretty much no clue what i was going to hear. I obviously expected the usuals sober, schism, stinkfist, lateralus......but when they started lost keys into rosetta i was completely caught off gaurd and was happily surprised. Also ending with aenema was great. It was tough as hell not taking a peak, but all in all it made it worth it. Im also glad we saw them when we did, if you read some of the other reviews that we were sandwiched in between (chicago, pennsylvania) maynard was sick and not into it at all. He seemed fine at ours and was dancing around like a freak like usual. Comparing this concert to the one in KZOO, id have to say visuals were a lot better in kzoo, sound was about equal, set list was better this time, so id have to give the edge to this concert all in all.. Someone posted that they were coming back on 9/16/06....anyone else see anything about this?

Cold Fluorescence
05-18-2006, 02:00 PM
I thought the sound in Detroit was incredible, infinitely better than Oakland. Although it seemed that Danny toned it down a bit. In Oakland, I swear he had some superbass that was hitting the brown note. It would shake your vision. It was insane. The Detroit show was the best I've seen out of the 4 I've been to on this tour.

Death Cube K
05-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Simply an incredible show. At times I would close my eyes and get lost in
the music, as it moved through me, literally. From our seats (F5, row N)
the sound was perfect. Loved the part when Justin manipulated that
feedback loop (I'm forgetting which song that intro'd... what was it?).
I only wish the show was a bit longer, and expected more considering
the ticket price. More Tool is always better. Ah well...

Hope all the out-of-towners enjoyed their stay in Detroit, and made it
out OK...

toolperfect
05-18-2006, 05:09 PM
The most amazing thing happened to me on Monday night. I got to see my favorite band live once again. We almost didn't get to go. My husband tried to surprise me the day the tickets went on sale. Bless his heart, he was on the computer by 9:45 a.m. How dissapointed he was to tell me he didn't get tickets. Of course almost immediately, he went to ebay. Tickets were on sale for no less than $500., and as high as $1300. Long story short, my wonderful brother in law won front row on the riff. I have seen Tool 3 times. First time was in the pit at Toledo Speedway many years ago, and I didn't even get that close. As many of you are sure to know, Tool fans arn't budging to 3 females.

The sound was great, except it was hard to hear Maynard. I didn't mind so much because I knew all the words, but it was my huband's first show and I would've liked him to hear the majic for himself. That took a very back seat when he caught one of Danny's drumsticks!! Yes, he beats the hell out of his drums, as the proof is on them. Nothing could've made the show more memorable for me because at the end of the show, I myself caught a drum stick!!!! Maynard shook his head when I was begging for a bottle of water and threw it over my head. Probably thinking "greedy little b-itch". I'm laughing to myself as I'm writing this and I admit that I am. Wouldn't anyone?

It was absoulutely amazing to see them all so close. For all the absolute Tool fans, pay the money to get those tickets. I was standing directly in front of Adam. You won't ever regret it.

Rob
05-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Did anyon else notice that Maynard was going to say something right before he walked off stage? He grabbed one of the mics from danny's kit, but it was off. :(

I wonder what he was going to say......

mikkymuffins
05-18-2006, 08:42 PM
This was my first tool show and I was completely blown away. I sat in section GA5 about 4 rows up and had an excellent view of the stage and the whole show sounded great. I honestly could not hear anything but the music. The fox theatre was the perfect venue and was worth the price of admission. On a side note I'm from Dayton, Ohio and had tickets to see the lateralus tour on 9/12/01 but is was cancelled because of the 9/11 situation.

Things I noticed (that someone else hasn't mentioned)

Did anyone see Maynard smoking something during the show? My friend and I both thought it looked like he was smoking during schism I think.

After the sit down break when Adam and Maynard where playing on their keyboards, Maynard picked up his mic and whispered "You believed in me.." from wings part 1. I got really excited . Then they broke out into Vicarious and melted my face.

I got the feeling that this mini tour is for filming a DVD or maybe a live cd because the set list almost felt like "Tool's Greatest Hits." Anyways the whole show was high energy and at times I swear I felt the balcony moving. That huge chandelier that hangs from the top of the theatre was wavering also. I was really expecting the entire place to crumble at the end of aenema - it was that fucking loud. EPIC

Overall I would say it was the greatest experience of my life, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again this fall (hopefully here in my home town). I am completely convinced that these 4 men are the greatest musicians of all time.

toolperfect
05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
I stood and watched Maynard the whole time, and he wasn't smoking anything.

Warartist
05-19-2006, 12:18 PM
this was by far the best show i've ever seen. it was amazing to be so close to the stage i could see facial expressions, my favorite band, who could ask for more. my boyfriend almost caught one of dannys drumsticks... i really wanted that. damnit. but ya, it was just mind blowing.

oh, i did smell pot imediatly in the O P.

mandy