PDA

View Full Version : LSD / Psilocybin Mushrooms Question

Parabolee
05-02-2006, 09:06 AM
This question is for people who have taken BOTH LSD & Psilocybin (magic) Mushrooms ONLY.

I have tried Psilocybin Mushrooms on 4 occasions with amazing and life changing experiences but due to the unreliable nature of LSD (Ie you have no idea what is actually in acid when you buy it from dodgy people) I have never tried LSD.

My question to those that have tried both is what are main differences between the two?

A friend of mine that has tried them both said that it was a similar trip but the LSD felt almost synthetic compared to the earthy feel of Mushrooms.

Thank you

Doowadiddy
05-02-2006, 09:54 AM
This question is for people who have taken BOTH LSD & Psilocybin (magic) Mushrooms ONLY.

I have tried Psilocybin Mushrooms on 4 occasions with amazing and life changing experiences but due to the unreliable nature of LSD (Ie you have no idea what is actually in acid when you buy it from dodgy people) I have never tried LSD.

My question to those that have tried both is what are main differences between the two?

A friend of mine that has tried them both said that it was a similar trip but the LSD felt almost synthetic compared to the earthy feel of Mushrooms.

Thank you

Imperical evidence will help you with this one.

Parabolee
05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Yes I would say that is rather obvious.

I am looking for opinion from those that have tried both.

Doowadiddy
05-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Yes I would say that is rather obvious.

I am looking for opinion from those that have tried both.

With all due respect...why does it matter? Really only your pesonal experience matters.

T-13h
05-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I've tried both a few times and the only difference I noticed was the intensity and long, long duration of LSD.

That synthetic/earthy thing seems like an impression people get from the nature of how the two are produced, and then they trip thinking that and then get the appropriate feeling.

Parabolee
05-02-2006, 10:37 AM
It matters a great deal, because if the experience is virtually identical then I do not need to waste my time attempting to obtain some good quality LSD.

Doowadiddy
05-02-2006, 10:39 AM
It matters a great deal, because if the experience is virtually identical then I do not need to waste my time attempting to obtain some good quality LSD.

Alright then...it would be worth it.

T-13h
05-02-2006, 10:40 AM

I don't know how your stomach handles shrooms, but I don't do so well; since you don't have to eat anything with LSD I prefer it.

Psychedelic_warrior
05-02-2006, 11:02 AM
LSD is usually much more intense than mushrooms, it rips your brain out of your head and has you stare at it for 8 long hours, you get to see every nook and cranny of your self. LSD visuals also tend to be very different for every person. Mushroom visuals seem to be more consistant, less vivid, and much more earthy. Both can be very spiritual, but mushrooms make you feel more conected to the earth and plant life. LSD lasts about twice as long, and can give you a gnarly hangover, and in both LSD and muchrooms, you need to be careful not to take too much, start low and find a comfort zone, there is a very fine line between having fun tripping your brains out and temperary madness. I could gone on and on, but i gotta clean the house

Parabolee
05-02-2006, 11:15 AM
I don't know how your stomach handles shrooms, but I don't do so well; since you don't have to eat anything with LSD I prefer it.

My stomache handles shrooms pretty well, I have seen people puke them right up though.

But I find if you boil them into a stong cup of coffee (or tea) they go down quite easily. They don't taste good at all but they go down. Man I get that tingly coming up euphoria feeling just talking about mushrooms :)

plexus
05-02-2006, 11:48 AM
LSD is usually much more intense than mushrooms, it rips your brain out of your head and has you stare at it for 8 long hours, you get to see every nook and cranny of your self. LSD visuals also tend to be very different for every person. Mushroom visuals seem to be more consistant, less vivid, and much more earthy. Both can be very spiritual, but mushrooms make you feel more conected to the earth and plant life. LSD lasts about twice as long, and can give you a gnarly hangover, and in both LSD and muchrooms, you need to be careful not to take too much, start low and find a comfort zone, there is a very fine line between having fun tripping your brains out and temperary madness. I could gone on and on, but i gotta clean the house

wrong.

take enough good, visual mushrooms and your trip will be just as intense as an acid trip. Ive had 'temporary madness' on mushrooms on a few occasions.

Psychedelic_warrior
05-02-2006, 12:30 PM
wrong.

take enough good, visual mushrooms and your trip will be just as intense as an acid trip. Ive had 'temporary madness' on mushrooms on a few occasions.

I thnk that may be part of my problem, i cant eat too many mushrooms, my stomach cant handle it, 2-3 grams is as much as i can handle in one sitting. Also too many mushrooms, for me anyways, is not as enjoyable as an acid trip, too much over thinking and nausea. that being said, i still prefer mushrooms (low to medium dose)

vjtrip
05-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Salvia.

End of story.

the_himog
05-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh yea.........

When it comes to breif madness Salvia is the only true way to go. Just remeber to plot out a good place to put the bong BEFORE you hit it.

My problem with LSD is everytime I think I am close to scoring some, things either fall apart or the guy who took my money ends up breaking into his roomates place and takes a couple of forged check along with my GOD DAMNED $5!!

Mushrooms rock............actaully saw H.G.A. and communitcated telepathicly for a short while (but back then I called it my "Higher Self.")

T-13h
05-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Mushrooms rock............actaully saw H.G.A. and communitcated telepathicly for a short while (but back then I called it my "Higher Self.")

How was that?

randysnow
05-02-2006, 01:54 PM

Thank you

DMT is the only way to fly, and w/ a nice set of headphones has made this cd more then amazing...

schismsirp
05-02-2006, 02:02 PM
The differences between a good psilocybin/psilocin trip and a good acid trip are very difficult to describe. The question is the same as having somebody try to describe an Alex Grey painting. The disparities between the two experiences can seem quite obvious but at the same time there are striking similarities. If what you really want to know is, will acid make you freak out any more than mushys, then the answer is no. If you can handle a real mushroom trip, then you in all likelihood can handle good acid. Always ask how many micrograms you're getting per tab/cube/etc and whether or not the person you're buying it from has sampled it yet. You don't have to worry about a hangover if its good shit; in fact you'll feel revitalized and inspired afterwards. For some reason I also handle the LSD "ascension," if you will, better than I do mushrooms. If you're a true psychedelic voyager you'll know what questions to ask and take the substance regardless of your fears.

Also, as was mentioned earlier, the synthetic feeling of acid is mostly self-induced if you're not quite sure how it was made. Real acid comes from organic materials as well. After a few trips with acid, the synthetic feeling went away for me and I was able to reach a state of total unification with my environment in much the same way as mushrooms allows. Happy tripping.

kmatrixg
05-02-2006, 02:36 PM
If you are that worried about getting either too potent LSD or too crappy, I suggest eating about 200-400 Morning Glory Seeds.

The same molecular structure as LSD, obviously not the same chemicals and stuff, but definitely worth the try, its an out of body trip, with about half the cost as a good sheet.

Morning Glory is a viny plant, legal in all of the US, to grow, handle, but not sell privately of course. You can pick up the seeds at any local nursery. Try it out.

If you want good info, check out erowid.com
Although i bet half this board is a member :)

Parabolee
05-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Hmm I'l look into those Morning Glory seeds.

I have tried Salvia but I gre it myself and it was a small plant, didn't do much at all.

I tend to find that 1 good trip is enough each year, then i can reflect on it for the rest of the year. :)

I was just considering doing LSD instead og Shrooms this year. Especially after this song.

bogsnarth
05-02-2006, 03:40 PM
you have to be careful with morning glory seeds bought at nurseries.. most of them are treated to prevent people from doing that and they will make you very ill..

on topic: i've done a ridiculous amount of acid, and i've only done shrooms a couple of times.. acid is unpredictable, and often crazy-making.. but i like it.. shrooms are just wonderful and joyous.. the first time i ever really did them, i sank into my friend's couch and listened to music for about an hour, then went outside and sat by the lake his house was next to, where it was immensely foggy.. great experience all-around..

but like i said, acid can be really unpredictable.. it's a good idea to stick to a particular setting while you're tripping, and imo it's vitally important to be either alone or with people you know well and trust fully. probably better with friends for a first time, but my first time was alone and it was a blast.

kmatrixg
05-02-2006, 03:41 PM
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory.shtml

All the info and great shit about it.

Sklander
05-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Mushrooms are a tryptamine which make them more natural feeling. LSD is a phenethylamine which is more synthetic feeling. The two feel nothing like each other. The only similarity is that they are both psychedlics.

Those of you who saying that LSD is more intense than Mushrooms haven't taken enough Mushrooms at once. Mushrooms will FLOOR you when getting into the six plus gram range.

bogsnarth
05-02-2006, 04:36 PM
sklander has a good point.. lsd is just more powerful in low dosages.. it's actually the most potent drug in the world, if i'm not mistaken..

oh and as to the difference between the trips, i think the main thing i noticed is that acid is "speedier".. it makes me feel agitated (although usually in a good way) and nervous (again, in a good way) and jittery (etc).

KwizatzHaderach
05-02-2006, 04:55 PM
bogsnarth, love the "Waking Life" avatar.

Shrooms are always much more of a body high than acid. It's more gentle and nurturing. Someone once told me that magic mushrooms enabled early man to speak. Acid always makes me get more "astral" and cerebral than shrooms. It's much more intense, causing a very high peak in the middle of the trip. Good acid shouldn't make you feel speeded out. It should just go away and let you go to sleep at the end of the night.

bogsnarth
05-02-2006, 05:18 PM

the idea of shrooms causing humans to evolve is terrance mckenna's idea, mostly.. bill hicks made references to the theory in his act a few times..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_mckenna#The_.22Stoned_Ape.22_theory_of_hum an_evolution

burning bridges
05-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Mushrooms get the job done for me.

schismsirp
05-02-2006, 10:42 PM
sklander has a good point.. lsd is just more powerful in low dosages.. it's actually the most potent drug in the world, if i'm not mistaken..

Actually, you are mistaken. Ever hear of DMT?

And I totally agree with the comment about mushrooms getting wacky as fuck at the 6g+ region. Totally different experience than a low dose.

bogsnarth
05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
i've heard of DMT but you have to smoke many *miligrams* of dmt to get the effects.. whereas with lsd, the threshhold dose is around 50 *micrograms*.. therefore lsd is more potent, chemically speaking.

edit: to clarify "many," here's what erowid says:

Smoked DMT Dosages
Threshold 2 - 5 mg
Light 10 - 20 mg
Common 20 - 40 mg
Strong 40 - 60 mg

so even for "threshhold" effects, you have to do approximately 100 times as much dmt as lsd.. etc.

kmatrixg
05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
From the wiki on Terrence McKenna:

"McKenna was first informed of psychedelics by the writings of Aldous Huxley. His first direct experience with them came when he ate several packets of commercially produced morning glory seeds, an experience he claimed set the direction of his life."

Good old morning glory.

insaner
05-04-2006, 01:50 PM
while acid normally feels a bit stronger to me, the effects became pretty much predictable after doing it about a thousand times. as for shorroms, nothing couldve rpepared me for what happened to me last time i took them. i had taken them probably 200 times before that night, but it was no where near the same. these supposedly came from terrance makennas private reserve strain, and i do not doubt it. how does manipulating matter, and having outright conversations with buddha and your two best friends cum alien master guardians, sound? it was so real...

acid never did that. acid is weak compared to this shit. and acid is not weak.

storm relative
05-04-2006, 02:13 PM
it has been a while, but i have taken both. i can tell you that the most intoxicated that i have ever been in my life on any substance was while under the influence of mushrooms (ate too much). after that experience, each time i took them, i puked them back up. the nausea felt while mushrooms are beginning to kick in sucks, but after a good vomit session, everything is good. i tended to always feel better physically the next day after mushrooms. lsd left my head, and body, hurting at times. i might also add that both have felt great and both have felt not so great at times. the environment you are in is key, so have good music and people around you.

bogsnarth
05-05-2006, 01:23 AM
i've never puked from eating shrooms.. the time i ingested the most involved a number of different methods.. first, i drank some koolaid made from shroom-juice, then ate a few caps, and after we started coming up, my friends and i ate some peanut-butter-and-blue-honey (honey infused with shrooms) sandwiches..

i think the blue honey is probably the best way to take shrooms.. no nausea or stomach problems at all, and if you let it sit for long enough, quite potent.

Huff
05-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Mushrooms are a tryptamine which make them more natural feeling. LSD is a phenethylamine which is more synthetic feeling. The two feel nothing like each other. The only similarity is that they are both psychedlics.

Those of you who saying that LSD is more intense than Mushrooms haven't taken enough Mushrooms at once. Mushrooms will FLOOR you when getting into the six plus gram range.

Sooooo true. I took 7 grams at my highschool grad and sat in a corner laughing my fucking face right off w/ a buddy and missed the entire thing (it was really lame anyway) and then all of a sudden we were like "hey.....there's a dance happening..." and we went and skanked to November Rain for 7 minutes and then went home. Top 10 nights of my life for reall.....

theprosperone
05-05-2006, 07:50 PM

Thank you

You should trust me on this issue. If you buy Lsd and it actually contains Lsd then 99% chance that its just pure Lsd. Lsd doesn't contain strychnine, if you've heard that its just an urband legend. The only thing that could be sold as Lsd that would actually fuck you up would be some research chemical. They are usually very very bitter and sometimes you can see them laid on the paper. Real Lsd reacts to a blacklight. If you have a white sheet of acid and hold it up under a blacklight you'll see where the acid lies. It should be distributed all over the paper of course, but you can see the minor saturation differences. It looks a lot different than just a piece of blank paper or some other drug would.

As far as the differences...well acid last about twice as long. With Lsd you usually feel like moving around a lot more than on mushrooms. The body load is different. With mushrooms it comes more in waves and your body is very liquid like. With Lsd I feel more electrified and the trip is a constant. On mushrooms you peak faster and come down faster. With Lsd you won't peak until 2 or 3 hours after you've stared to trip and you'll be down in about 8 to 11 hours depending on the dose. Mushrooms, I'm always back to earth in 4 or 6 hours. Lsd is more visually stimulating to me unless I take a large dose of mushrooms. As far as mental trips, I feel they are very similar. The main difference to me is Lsd =more energetic and hyspace type trips while mushrooms = more flowing and dreamlike trips. I talk to a lot of people about drugs and I'm sorry if I came off very jumbled and confused. I've been up working all day and now I'm busy sorting through about 500 cds to rearrange my collect. I took an internet break and got side tracked. lol I haven't even read the full thread yet so sorry if I repeated anything. I would answer any questions anyone has though if I can....I've tried to educate myself very thouroughly on psychedelics and some other mind altering chemicals.

theprosperone
05-05-2006, 07:56 PM

Actually, Lsd, Psilocybin and Psilocin are all tryptamines. So is Dmt and 5-Meo-Dmt. You can find the information in TiHKAL or also on wikipedia and various drug related sites. I believe due to its chemistry though, some people have been known to include Lsd in the phene category.

Phenethylamines are more like 2-ct and 2-cb. Mescaline is also a phenethylamine, which is why it shouldn't be used in combination with an Maoi. Phenethylamines aren't safe with maoi's but Lsd is. As far as being natural, Lsd is made from ergot alkaloids which originally were found in the ergot fungus. That is the same fungus that grew on rye and caused ergotism in people back in the 1600s.

If you aren't getting good visuals off of mushrooms, eat twice as much as you usually do. People dose way too low on mushrooms to compare it to acid. 3 hits of good acid are about the mindfuck up 5 dry grams of shrooms. And for those who hate eating shrooms, just make tea. It even hits you faster. Just break up the mushrooms and fill a makeshift tea bag with them inside. Boil water and pour it into a cup with the mushrooms and let it steep for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the tea bag and do one more steep with the mushrooms for another 15 minutes. The second time around you can add a regular tea bag to help with the taste. After you have to two glasses from the two steeps, combine and chug. Use a half a mug for each steep so you don't have to drink too much tea. I bet you'll never eat another mushroom if you make the tea correctly....

escapeme
05-05-2006, 10:19 PM

Thank you

Both can be just as intense as the other but just in very different ways. I have had good and bad trips on both but the worst trip was on Shrooms. LSD is 'heavy' (in a good way) Both in how your body feels and your visuals but because of this a lot of times its said to be more intense. All I can say is they are two very different trips and if you decide to try LSD just dont take 7 hits of sunshine acid all at once. hmmm.... is that aging me or what?