PDA

View Full Version : Hidden in the Cover Art.. ya'll see that??

StereoScopicLenses
05-02-2006, 08:16 AM
I heard a few weeks ago of rumors that the word 'GOD' was on the cover art for the album. I was skeptical but upon buying the album lastnight I found it. If you look at the front cover of the cd case, you can see it. Just turn the cover upside down and look at the nose on the face. You can see the three letters G, O, and D. BUT the cool thing is that when you flip the case right-side up the same letters on the nose look totally different. They now show '666'. How clever. Anyone else see what I am seeing?

Mescaline
05-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Have you noticed that the word GOD is also in the brain of the dude in the Lateralus cover.... i think its in the third to last page.... the one before begins to form theword GOD.... look closely....

i agree with what its trying to say too.... I AM GOD. the god within.. is in all...

Scratch
your looking into it too much, it says neither god nor 666

DonCarlito
Yeah I see it. Nice one!

pushthenvelope
05-02-2006, 08:21 AM
I do see GOD quite clearly. But I disagree that it is 666 when you turn it upside down.Looks closer to 969 to me.

tooldude
05-02-2006, 08:22 AM
yeah i can see the GOD but the 666, nah. cool

mikeanthony
05-02-2006, 08:31 AM
i dont see it which nose?

Bodhi
05-02-2006, 08:48 AM
i dont see it which nose?

The center.

toocooltool
05-02-2006, 08:59 AM
All so DEEP!

renegade46n2
05-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I see GOD....I think. I guess that could be 666.

Watching and mentioning
05-02-2006, 09:22 AM

/agree

But on another note, the packaging does rock socks. Makes me wonder what the next case will be like...

bobzrag
05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I see the word god, the question is was it intentional? If you look at anything long enough you can find 'something'. The question that begs to be asked is do you have to look up a nose to find god?

eonphi
05-02-2006, 10:53 AM
i agree it says god

JohnBeckius
05-02-2006, 11:13 AM
In the Lateralus book is clearly says GOD in the guy's brain matter. This is a little less clear, so... yeah. I give it a 70% chance that the GOD is intentional. 40% on the 666.

Identity
05-02-2006, 11:29 AM
I think it was...intensional....hahahaha...lolololololololl

so0l
05-02-2006, 12:10 PM
your avatar is hawt, scratch

i skipped reading past your post just so i could comment

and i see what you're saying about the "god" thing, but i dont think it was intentional...

Metalgod666
05-02-2006, 12:38 PM
I agree i can definately see God, but i only see "66"

mike09
05-02-2006, 01:57 PM
hah, nice find threadstarter. Even if it's not intentional, it's still pretty sweet.

CCD
05-02-2006, 02:44 PM
The three shapes are swirly, and I suppose you could interpret them as letters, but I don't see them as letters at all, nor numbers.

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-02-2006, 02:54 PM
perhaps i means that god is right under your nose, you just cant see it, your looking way out there for a god like figure, but its right under your nose all this time. Maybe God comes from within, maybe we should worship ourselves rather than a god like figures. perhaps it means nothing, but we all have to think for ourselves dont we now, otherwise whats the point in being a tool fan? they've been telling us for 15 years to think for ourselves.

Bogart
05-02-2006, 03:08 PM
I thought it was Lateralus that contained the word god

TJP
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
patriotact if you read the previous posts {which are just above} you would understand

Barloe
05-02-2006, 04:21 PM
The "God" aspects in Alex Gray's work are very similar to the ideas in the following book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0966036700/sr=8-1/qid=1146615613/ref=sr_1_1/104-3358470-9943902?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I remember hearing this author talk about the book on Art Bell sometime late in 2001.

Life feeds on life
05-02-2006, 04:58 PM
it does say god. not sure about the 666 tho...

Matt8
05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
i see god for sure but 666 is kinda pushing it and dosent really seem like a tool thing to do to me.

Matt8
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
I thought it was Lateralus that contained the word god

it does have god in it. its in both. in the brain in the early stages in the lateralus evolution and this one on the nose. i dont suspect any meaning behind it being in the nose or it being upside down. maybe its just there to be there.

Nimh
05-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I think the nose looks like a penis.

randomhero8823
05-02-2006, 05:04 PM
has anyone tried peeling the booklet off??? maybe there is something under it... i have a feeling, but im too afraid to do it! whos up for it?

eulogy09
05-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I see the god part.......but it looks like 069 to me.

Life feeds on life
05-02-2006, 05:18 PM
when i first got it i thot you could peel of the glasses

spiralout11235
05-02-2006, 05:47 PM
That is fucking clever. I believe it goes along with Tool's previous messages in saying that God is within and is all that is around us.

tDoXoMl
05-02-2006, 06:19 PM
i was curious enough to actually peel off the booklet. i first became curious when i discovered that in pulling the cd out, it takes a little careful maneuvering not to tear the booklet, theres something there, but its only half of a picture because i didnt tear it carefully enough. it almost looks like the devil. and yea i see the god thing. maybe we can smell god or something. hes definetely right underneath our noses. the only thing i dont like about the case is that it wont fit in my cd rack. good going tool... i wonder if the face on the cover views us differently through those lenses... hmmmm wow, someone call bullshit on me right now!

bloodydecember
05-02-2006, 06:37 PM
I think the 666 may be stretching it a little but "GOD" is definatly there.

Bassmingo
05-02-2006, 07:04 PM
I think the little eyes look like pot leaves.

randomhero8823
05-02-2006, 07:10 PM
i was curious enough to actually peel off the booklet. i first became curious when i discovered that in pulling the cd out, it takes a little careful maneuvering not to tear the booklet, theres something there, but its only half of a picture because i didnt tear it carefully enough. it almost looks like the devil. and yea i see the god thing. maybe we can smell god or something. hes definetely right underneath our noses. the only thing i dont like about the case is that it wont fit in my cd rack. good going tool... i wonder if the face on the cover views us differently through those lenses... hmmmm wow, someone call bullshit on me right now!

so theres a pic behind it your not lying???

imatoolhed
05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Jesus k rist on a pogo stick ....

...there's nothing behind the sleeve.

1.why
2.It's glued
3.u can see around the edges
4.1st thing i thought of as well
5.maybe
F.toothpaste
X.what ?

HAPPY TOOL DAY :)

kubrick
05-02-2006, 07:40 PM
I heard a few weeks ago of rumors that the word 'GOD' was on the cover art for the album. I was skeptical but upon buying the album lastnight I found it. If you look at the front cover of the cd case, you can see it. Just turn the cover upside down and look at the nose on the face. You can see the three letters G, O, and D. BUT the cool thing is that when you flip the case right-side up the same letters on the nose look totally different. They now show '666'. How clever. Anyone else see what I am seeing?

Yes, the 6th of June, 06 is the official release of the next album.

soulslot
05-02-2006, 09:11 PM
I DONT SEE GOD!!!! IM SO FUCKED!!!

msbtool
05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Everyone look at the blue and yellow picture. At the bottom right, if im not correct, read the words, "Fuck George Bush"

msbtool
05-02-2006, 09:38 PM
someone with better eyes or some kind of electron mictoscope needs too look at it though 'cause im probably wrong

F!end
05-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Everyone look at the blue and yellow picture. At the bottom right, if im not correct, read the words, "Fuck George Bush"

Woah I see something! But is too fucking small to read clearly!

rembrandt_q_einstein
05-02-2006, 09:46 PM
/agree

But on another note, the packaging does rock socks. Makes me wonder what the next case will be like...

wow... all i can say is wow... a band comes out with a new cd on average... we'll say every 4 to 5 years... they just come out with a new cd a day ago ... and you wonder what the next case will be like? amazing to me

bloodydecember
05-03-2006, 05:23 AM
so theres a pic behind it your not lying???

That's one of the first things I thought of but I'm sure as hell not ripping apart my album cover just to see some pic that may or may not exist. You try it if you want.

Juztin
05-03-2006, 06:05 AM

StereoScopicLenses .... Seriously.. look out the window.. if you're lucky... you might catch Maynard smiling at you.

bloodydecember
05-03-2006, 09:53 AM
StereoScopicLenses .... Seriously.. look out the window.. if you're lucky... you might catch Maynard smiling at you.

*shakes head*
Very nice

StereoScopicLenses
05-03-2006, 10:42 AM
IF you don't see the word "God" there then I don't know what to say. And when I look out the window IF Maynard is there he wouldn't be smiling. He'd be trying to sell me some wine.

In the Alex Grey work that is mostly blue and yellow in the liner notes, there is something written in the bottom right hand corner but I can't read it. Its too small. How the hell did they even print that on the page?????

GaminCoda
05-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Damn, I thought you were joking... im definately seeing text on the bottom right... didn't catch that before.... scanning it right now at high res. (good eyes)

mujekun
05-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Maybe the members of Tool don't even know it says god. I remeber Adam said the Lateralus art was pretentious because it said God.

Shadow_walker
05-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I dont see how the center GOD can also be a 666. But if you turn the case right side up.. Near the left eye by the edge of the case it looks like there is a 666 that spirals downward.

Shadow_walker
05-03-2006, 04:47 PM

Yep it does say "Fuck George Bush." Check it out with a magnifying glass.

Juztin
05-03-2006, 04:52 PM

StereoScopicLenses & others,

I must apologize for what was written using my name, my flat mate, who is NOT a fan of TOOL by any stretch of the imagination wrote that last night whilst I was working, and I discovered it this morning.

I am certainly not such a dismissive person, and hope those comments can be seperated from anything I myself actually write on here, and my apologies may be excepted?

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have studied the artwork, and i do see a resemblence of the word 'God' on there, however, I don't feel it is intentional, as there are many many spirals on the artwork, many of which could appear to read similarly.

I just think that for such a profound and spiritual artist as Alex Grey, the words 'God' or '666' appearing willy nilly in his artwork seems a bit contrived, and almost meaningless coming from such an articulate person. (surely 666 upside down would read 999, or god would simply appear as god upside down, not both??)

I am not saying I am right, I am not saying others are wrong, just the way i see it, and if Alex Grey actually comes out and says it is true, then stranger things have happened.

Ps: My flat mate loves Necro. yuk.

bogsnarth
05-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Yep it does say "Fuck George Bush." Check it out with a magnifying glass.
it seems to say something, but i just scanned it at 1200 DPI and it's so tiny that you can't see anything but dots... i'll have to dig out one of those old-person magnifying glasses with the extra-magnification part to check this out some more.. but i don't think it says "fuck george bush.." that's just so.. so..... no.

theenlightened
05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Regarding the bottom right of the blue and yelow pic, The first of the three words is definitely "Fuck". The last looks vaguely like Bush. The middle word is pretty much impossible to make out even with a 10x magnifying glass.

sp4cem0nkey
05-03-2006, 07:15 PM
The bottom of the blue & yellow pic text has been addressed in this thead:
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=45525

TubGirl
05-04-2006, 08:03 AM
agh!!ive left the cover at home, i really want to test out all these theories now!! i wonder did most of the last 5 years consist of designing the cover?its totally fuckin a tho, i managed to get my housemates and boyfriend interested in tool co s of it

rxsheepxr
05-04-2006, 12:44 PM
So sad.

11Reflections11
05-04-2006, 01:01 PM
I see GOD and the 666. Im too scared to peel off my booklet. Maybe Ill have to buy/steal another to find out for real. Is stealing wrong if it has its intentions in enlightening the masses?

MacFoley
05-04-2006, 01:24 PM
i cant see god either! what is going on? does that mean im going to hell?

Yahwehaa Hannayaa
05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
certainly looks like "fuck george bush"

Tathagata
05-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I see GOD. It's possible it's accidental because the same face but profiled on the left and right sides have swirly circles on them, if you had to draw the nose on the front view face slightly bent to one side inorder to preserve depth and point of view you would also have to smush the swirly circles too. However the argument that it's intensional is valid too because of Tool's philosophy and of Alex Grey's previous artwork for the lateralus album.
As for the 666 I only see 66, it's possible it's there but it'd be exremely difficult to manipulate GOD AND 666 into the nose because of the way the nose is slightly profiled.

parabol4
05-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I see what youre looking at, but im not sure.

scar
05-04-2006, 09:32 PM

actually you are correct. the three words read "fuck george bush" plain as day. that is fucking awesome. i am impressed with something new every day as i absorb this whole 10,000 Days experience.

Liquid Vision
05-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Wow. Fuck George Bush. I just KNEW Tool was original!!

Rooney eats it
05-04-2006, 10:00 PM
wow scar, plain as day? open ur eyes man, theres nothing plain about that, plus theres the whole bit about it being ALEX GRAY'S FUCKING SIGNATURE

implandnoises
05-05-2006, 05:01 AM

Hmmm, interesting swirl of letters yes. However I believe the reason why people were saying they could see the word GOD written in the artwork was because of exactly how it was presented for the first time on toolband. If you could look in the past news at toolband you would see it. The image of the new cover had a "watermark" of the words TOOLBAND.COM and a copyright symbol. They were deliberately very faint (so as not to distract from the image) but because of this it looked a little like it said GOD in one place (I actually thought I saw the word GOLD until I figured out what it really was). Hope this helps, however, you can't check me on this now as the option of viewing toolband's past news has now inexplicably vanished...

allusion7.0
05-05-2006, 06:37 AM
i wonder why they got rid of the possibility of viewing old posts... there were a couple i was interested in going back to read. hopefully they won't do the same with newsletters. I can see something similar to "Fuck George Bush" with a magnifying glass, but I'm not catching GOD or 666.

bloodydecember
05-05-2006, 06:54 AM
wow... all i can say is wow... a band comes out with a new cd on average... we'll say every 4 to 5 years... they just come out with a new cd a day ago ... and you wonder what the next case will be like? amazing to me

Kinda sounds familiar, like there's a song out there about somebody wanting more, and more, and more.... but I can't put my finger on who sings it....

Protium
05-05-2006, 01:01 PM
I can not see GOD on the cover, where is the "O" ?

I do see what msbtool is talking about in the stereogram. I scanned it at 1200dpi but it just can't be made out. I suppose it might be possible to clean it up with wavelet processing or some other digital magic trick but I can't be bothered. I am guessing it is the artist's signature.

rank
05-05-2006, 01:22 PM
wow scar, plain as day? open ur eyes man, theres nothing plain about that, plus theres the whole bit about it being ALEX GRAY'S FUCKING SIGNATURE

Alex Gray's sig looks nothing like that.

excrementauri
05-05-2006, 01:29 PM

look at alex grey's site. find the "bardobeing" painting in "progress of the soul" section. You think alex grey painted "fuck george bush" in 2002 onto a painting that he no doubt put on display in public? The painting is 2 square feet in area. So everyone coming around looking at Alex's works leaned in close and read a clearly legible "FUCK GEORGE BUSH"? you're fucking kidding.

clown137
05-05-2006, 01:43 PM
i see the little words too, but i dono if they say that

teleincision
05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
look at alex grey's site. find the "bardobeing" painting in "progress of the soul" section. You think alex grey painted "fuck george bush" in 2002 onto a painting that he no doubt put on display in public? The painting is 2 square feet in area. So everyone coming around looking at Alex's works leaned in close and read a clearly legible "FUCK GEORGE BUSH"? you're fucking kidding.

THE best post here....

question93
05-05-2006, 03:10 PM
perhaps i means that god is right under your nose, you just cant see it, your looking way out there for a god like figure, but its right under your nose all this time. Maybe God comes from within, maybe we should worship ourselves rather than a god like figures. perhaps it means nothing, but we all have to think for ourselves dont we now, otherwise whats the point in being a tool fan? they've been telling us for 15 years to think for ourselves.

Hot damn. You rock.

rank
05-05-2006, 03:16 PM

Allright, heres what i meant to say...

Alex Grays signature looks nothing like that.

I'm staring at his sig right now... and it looks nothing like that... it has 8 letters... and 2 words. As opposed to closer to 14 letters and 3 words.

Do i think Alex Gray would put that on his print? Hell no, he doesnt have a biting bone in his body. Do I think the guys in tool would add in something that says "Fuck George Bush"? Yeah, yeah I do.

Personally I'm not convinced thats what it says. BUT...

Alex Gray's signature looks NOTHING like that.

OpenEyes25
05-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I also didn't believe it at first, but with a closer look, "Fuck George Bush" is definitely there. I also see God on the nose (but it doesn't make any sense that it would be 666 upside down and it doesn't look like it) and I also see how it could be unintentional. However, note the religious themes throughout the rest of Tool's lyrics and album covers.

JTRAVISFAN
05-05-2006, 03:27 PM
you dont know so why are you saying you do

question93
05-05-2006, 03:30 PM
I also didn't believe it at first, but with a closer look, "Fuck George Bush" is definitely there. I also see God on the nose (but it doesn't make any sense that it would be 666 upside down and it doesn't look like it) and I also see how it could be unintentional. However, note the religious themes throughout the rest of Tool's lyrics and album covers.

I'm not seeing it. Someone care to post a scan or something? ROFL.

MORNING_GLORY
05-05-2006, 03:38 PM
I doubt very much that it says "Fuck George Bush", i'd bet money its Alex Greys signature. Even if it was a hidden political comment, it's too small to see or notice or have any effect... and essentially no purpose.

excrementauri
05-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Do i think Alex Gray would put that on his print? Hell no, he doesnt have a biting bone in his body

The small print is on the painting on Alex Grey's website, which you obviously refuse to check.

rank
05-05-2006, 04:05 PM
I will check right now... but look at my new avatar, wont be up for long... That is his sig... does that look ANYTHING like the small font? I'm not saying that it says fuck bush, im saying that its just not his signature.

EDIT: Checked it out, the small font is there... now unless you want to try to convince me that he put his middle name on this one print for the first time ever (clearly there are 3 words there), or that the put "Alex 'BardoBeing' Grey" on it, can we put this to rest? In any case I dont really care any more. I will agree that tool didnt add anything to the print. Sorry I didnt check earlier.

excrementauri
05-05-2006, 04:21 PM
I didn't think it's his written signature either. Someone suggested it might say alex grey studio so I thought that could be possible.

rank
05-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, and it would make sense, i just cant see it as his sig, looks like its printed, not an artists signature.

excrementauri
05-05-2006, 05:03 PM
certainly looks printed

Randall
05-05-2006, 05:35 PM
there is no message, quite speculating about the conspiracys you THINK are involved in this album, cant they make music without ppl having to question everything they say or do? Those are the nostrils of the being, not a secret message. That is the beautiful artwork of alex grey, nothing more nothing less

Carny_Handles
05-05-2006, 08:58 PM
the skull is Mayan, modeled after a higher Aztec.

Azathoth23
05-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Woah I see something! But is too fucking small to read clearly!

I used two magnifying glasses at once and it was still for the most part indecipherable. But after seeing it i would have to put money on it saying "fuck george bush."

neil46and2
05-06-2006, 11:45 AM
With the risk of sounding completely unoriginal, I must say:

FUCK GEORGE BUSH

And the rest of his satanic pedophiliac braintrust....

I'll Eat Your Soul
05-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Inside the booklet, there is a picture with flames swirling around a body with outstretched hands. Because I can't see these images properly (my lenses don't seem set correctly), it looks like the larger swirl is a six on its side and the smaller swirl overlapping is duplicated to form two further sixes.

I'll Eat Your Soul
05-06-2006, 12:07 PM
And the rest of his satanic pedophiliac braintrust....

Err what? Granted, the man is a buffoon whose policies are shockingly dated and ill-informed, often kowtowing to big business rather than the people he supposedly represents, but to hint at paedophilia is distasteful.

neil46and2
05-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Err what? Granted, the man is a buffoon whose policies are shockingly dated and ill-informed, often kowtowing to big business rather than the people he supposedly represents, but to hint at paedophilia is distasteful.

http://www.infowars.com/bg1.html

Start here, do the research yourself, there's a much bigger picture out there...

Good luck.

xPOGOx
05-06-2006, 12:38 PM
http://www.infowars.com/bg1.html

Start here, do the research yourself, there's a much bigger picture out there...

Good luck.
Alex Jones is a good starting point when you want some solid, unbiased information about the George Bush administration.

godscuzn
05-06-2006, 10:23 PM
I can see how it says GOD, mabey Grey did it on purpous, or mabey it's just one of those things that wasn't planned, but it's still pretty fucking cool (kinda like me)
but when I turn it right side up I only see a 069

bloodydecember
05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
I doubt very much that it says "Fuck George Bush", i'd bet money its Alex Greys signature. Even if it was a hidden political comment, it's too small to see or notice or have any effect... and essentially no purpose.

Wrong! The one purpose it does have is to bug the hell out of us and make a few people waste their time and energy debating it. Somebody just needs to scan the beast and enlarge it. I would be all over that if I had a scanner. I will agree that it's not alex grey's sig.

^Jesus, here I am getting into it. Haha.

eleventh minute
05-07-2006, 06:56 PM
i can see how GOD could be there...but it looks more like 690 to me, then right side up looks like 066 to me...none the less, nice observation.

btw, if you rip off the lenses, then look at the front cover it clearly says, "I have 6 nostrols and only one finger...FUCK"

bloodydecember
05-07-2006, 06:59 PM
btw, if you rip off the lenses, then look at the front cover it clearly says, "I have 6 nostrols and only one finger...FUCK"

haha

scar
05-07-2006, 07:01 PM
actually you are correct. the three words read "fuck george bush" plain as day. that is fucking awesome. i am impressed with something new every day as i absorb this whole 10,000 Days experience.

you know what? i HATE being wrong about anything, as stubborn as i am, but i have to be honest. i WANT to see "FUCK gEORGE bUSH." that's what i WANT to see. that is how i feel, and those feelings may have convinced my eyes. my stoned eyes. i just want you all to question that possibility of yourself convincing yourself.....

now, i DO have perfect vision. i have been BLESSED! i have actually had nurses giving me the eye exam for a physical, and pull other nurses into the hall (where the chart was) and say, "seriously, watch this!" as i read the bottom line from behind the line.
ANYWAY, even though i have perfect eyes, fortunately they are usually red and glazed over. uuurrrrggh... uuhhhh.........but this doesn't mean i can't see like a damn eagle (or hawk, or whatever bird is associated with keen sight.) when i focus on these damn "words" all i can, as sober i could be, i DO NOT see "fuck george bush" anymore. i actually see the first "word" as "MJK." does that mean that is what i WANT to see? but seriously, please consider.

the letters in the words are all so running together. the one thing i think is valid to point out is that these words are not ALL in upper case letters. there is a lower case "y" or "g" at the end of the second "word." anyway.........

damn, that is a lot of writing for not really helping much.

bloodydecember
05-07-2006, 07:06 PM
damn, that is a lot of writing for not really helping much.

pretty much...

Of course then again I'm not contributing much either. I took the album to school on friday and had some friends look at it and tell me what they thought (without me telling them about "fuck george bush" and a couple of them thought the the first word looked a lot like fuck but the other two were completely illegible.

eleventh minute
05-07-2006, 07:09 PM

take a look at most of grey's paintings online....MOST of them have the same mark...I just believe it to be a signiture and copy right.

bloodydecember
05-07-2006, 07:23 PM
http://www.treiops.com/alexgrey/despair.jpg

I recant my former statement about the sig. Check out the bottom right corner of this painting done by grey. Look familiar??

scar
05-07-2006, 08:12 PM
http://www.treiops.com/alexgrey/despair.jpg

I recant my former statement about the sig. Check out the bottom right corner of this painting done by grey. Look familiar??

what is the last word? does he put "ALEX GRAY" and then the name of the piece of work?

a perfect spiral
05-07-2006, 09:58 PM
wow. this has to be the worst tool "discovery" yet. go look the rest of alex grey's art.. it's not god or 666.. unless of course you're LOOKING for it.

bloodydecember
05-08-2006, 03:35 AM
what is the last word? does he put "ALEX GRAY" and then the name of the piece of work?

Im not sure but if you look at it you can definatly see where somebody could confuse "Alex" with fuck. Idk, maybe I'm pulling it out of my ass but that's all I got.

chaos_one666
05-08-2006, 05:28 AM
I would assume that the last word would be a date, as per most works of art that bear the artist's signature. IE: Alex Grey 200x. Just a thought, though, I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong.

Ultimatebdp
05-08-2006, 09:55 AM

There is NO way you are seeing that! How can you make out any words, let alone "f-g.b."??? Sounds like you're just seeing whatever you want to see.

I think it says, "You're a douchebag".

GelatiCruiser
05-08-2006, 10:46 AM
has anyone tried peeling the booklet off??? maybe there is something under it... i have a feeling, but im too afraid to do it! whos up for it?

nothing.

eL dong
05-08-2006, 12:17 PM

Alex Grey uses two diferent signatures

1. that messey thing you have as your picture
2. the printed signature that he puts on all(or at least most) of his paintings with the date following

I dont know why he changes from printing to signing but he does and it most likely dosen't say FUCK GEORGE BUSH. Alex Grey is waaaaaay more eloquent then that. if he wanted to say fuck george bush he'd prolly be alot cooler about it.

tbrent21
05-15-2006, 06:02 AM
I dont see how the center GOD can also be a 666. But if you turn the case right side up.. Near the left eye by the edge of the case it looks like there is a 666 that spirals downward.

The most obvious 666 that I see is on the cover page, the one that says "Tool 10,000 Days", in the spiral-ey outline. Its not the first time Tool has alluded to this kind of imagery. Its been there since the final notes of OPIATE . . . . "Saaaatan . . Saaatan . ."

foursixandtwo
05-15-2006, 06:24 AM
seems it is just a signature of some form. Sorry..I am a tard and do not know how to post links here

Pic of the painting @ CoSM.

http://images.newsfrombabylon.com/articles/12-2004/alex-grey/101_0122.JPG

Edit to fix link

foursixandtwo
05-15-2006, 06:26 AM
I didn't think it's his written signature either. Someone suggested it might say alex grey studio so I thought that could be possible.
yeah..looks like ^

durkabajung
05-15-2006, 09:22 AM
yeah..looks like ^

It says "Alex Grey" then whatever year he painted it. It says it on all his work in Transfigurations.

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 05:16 PM
wow. this has to be the worst tool "discovery" yet. go look the rest of alex grey's art.. it's not god or 666.. unless of course you're LOOKING for it.

No, I'm pretty sure it says God, as that is the general consensus. The way God is written in this is almost identical to the brain in Lateralus.

cold flourescence
05-15-2006, 05:41 PM
You're all just finding this now?

bruised_kiwi
05-17-2006, 12:37 AM
it's just a signature people!!!

StereoScopicLenses
05-17-2006, 12:42 AM

No sorry you are wrong. If you look in the Lateralus cover you'll find God in the man's brain and it looks almost exactly the same.. its kind of obvious. BUT the 666 part.. yea I would agree with you and now say that I can only see it if I am "looking" for it.

remember_forget
05-18-2006, 03:58 PM

I thought so, but upon further research of previous posts, no it's not.

vodka_mv
05-18-2006, 08:22 PM
seems it is just a signature of some form. Sorry..I am a tard and do not know how to post links here

Pic of the painting @ CoSM.

Edit to fix link
It definately says "ALEX GREY..." Then i think it says 2002.

bloodydecember
05-19-2006, 09:33 AM
It definately says "ALEX GREY..." Then i think it says 2002.
point being: it does not say 'Fuck George Bush'

SHIV
05-19-2006, 03:54 PM
All so DEEP!
not really.....actually...the whole 666 thing is getting old and annoying

split_the_sky
05-21-2006, 04:46 AM
I think people forget who does the art and his beliefs... It is completely normal for him to include many images of Jesus, Christian and Hindu Gods etc...

www.alexgrey.com we are all god. We are life, celebrate the fact that we are here in this holy experience.

split_the_sky
05-21-2006, 05:11 AM
I think the writing at the bottom of the blue and yellow pic says "don't email us about the number 23".

I love Alex Grey's hidden little images... All my friends thought it was cool that the blue and yellow pic has a skull sat either side when you look hard enough. I then showed them the human featus at the edge of each picture and explained how Alex Grey believes birth (baby) and death (skull) bring us closer to seeing and feeling the truth around us. That's why they also added a sperate picture of the baby in the skull which is also very awesome.

foursixandtwo
05-21-2006, 11:08 AM
I think the writing at the bottom of the blue and yellow pic says "don't email us about the number 23".

I love Alex Grey's hidden little images... All my friends thought it was cool that the blue and yellow pic has a skull sat either side when you look hard enough. I then showed them the human featus at the edge of each picture and explained how Alex Grey believes birth (baby) and death (skull) bring us closer to seeing and feeling the truth around us. That's why they also added a sperate picture of the baby in the skull which is also very awesome.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. We have established a billion posts ago..what the pic says. Good Lord.

split_the_sky
05-22-2006, 09:20 AM
I was being sarcastic.

bloodydecember
05-23-2006, 10:53 PM
I think it's pathetic how a lot of you are on such an ignorant train of liberalism that you throw around statements like "FUCK GEORGE BUSH" when the fact of the matter is that you don't know the first thing about George Bush and his staff outside of what CNN or The Daily Show tells you, top that off with Democratic zealots like Lewis Black poisoning the well ever time he opens his mouth...

Think for yourself. Do some real research before you make such ignorant statements about your leader.

*awaits inevitable flaming*

p.s. The words on the picture say "Alex Grey 02"

c'mon now, you know as good as anybody that there is no such thing as real research. But that said, it doesn't take real research to see that our troops are over there dying for no real reason and that there is an unnecessary "wall" being discussed regarding the mexican border. I'm not trying to attack you by any means but I think it's total bullshit that you come onto this post, weeks after we have determined that it doesnt say that, attacking others (especially liberalists) without any real provocation. It was just merely speculation, grow up a little.

Kedzie_Matthews
05-23-2006, 11:06 PM
I base all of my political opinions off of forum posts

bloodydecember
05-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Haha, great idea.

foursixandtwo
05-24-2006, 07:11 PM
I was being sarcastic.
i wasn't just referring to your post, I was referring to the one above mine as well. Sarcasm now noted :)

Carny_Handles
05-25-2006, 08:18 PM
the skull in dany's picture is still a model of a high aztec skull.

BoomShakaLaka
05-25-2006, 09:45 PM
how come in maynard's pic, he has hair, but in the mirror, the doesn't, maybe this was explained on another thread, but i was just curious

Jett
05-26-2006, 12:37 AM
can someone post a pic of this?

JOK3R
05-26-2006, 01:00 AM
holy crap that is awesome

bloodydecember
05-26-2006, 05:54 PM
I was referring to a comment posted about 5 posts before mine. So there was , in fact, provocation. And spare me the grow up a little speech, I have as much of a right to be passionate about my government just as much as you have a right to bash it, which seems to be a current trend in the common populous of this country. It's so "in" to hate on the government and it's just a reflection on how truly immature our citizens have become.
What ever happened to patriotism?
Comments like "Our troops are over there dying for no real reason" is about as ignorant as they come. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to flame you, but if you buy into that crap Mrs. Shehan spouted off early in the war, then I beg you to take a look for yourself. We ain't over there for the heck of it.

p.s. Tool rules.

I respect your opinion totaly. I just beg to differ on the motives for the war. My cousin died over there, which is a hell of a lot more of an influence than CNN or any liberalist bitch out there. 3 of my best friends are in the armed services (two in the marines and one in the Army) and I really dont want 3 dead friends in a year or so. just because somebody, or a group of somebodies, belive we need to force our ideals on other people. That to me is ignorance.

eternalnuisance.com
09-22-2006, 06:49 AM

No it doesn't. Dammit! I just ruined the box for nothing >:(

mechanichippie
09-25-2006, 09:05 PM
IMO people are only seeing this because htey are told they are seeing it. Like backmasking songs. jibberish becomes words if you "listen" hard enough.

christianxrojas
09-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Sounds weird, but i will check it out, cheers!

eternalnuisance.com
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
IMO people are only seeing this because htey are told they are seeing it. Like backmasking songs. jibberish becomes words if you "listen" hard enough.

Something has to be there for people to see it, IMO

Cooly
10-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I think the nose looks like a penis.

Lol I see that!
I can see both but it's a little dark and i don't have the hottest eyesight.

ajp1982
11-12-2006, 10:23 PM
All so DEEP!

Sorry to detract from the conversation, but toocootool, you officially have the coolest avatar!

Se8en
11-14-2006, 08:00 PM
The ``666'' thing is worn out; 666 inst the `Mark of the beast'. Why would that be on there?

mr. nikki jensen
11-15-2006, 07:18 AM
i see god, but no 666 in this picture.

paraflux
11-15-2006, 07:37 AM
I think it's pathetic how a lot of you are on such an ignorant train of liberalism that you throw around statements like "FUCK GEORGE BUSH" when the fact of the matter is that you don't know the first thing about George Bush and his staff outside of what CNN or The Daily Show tells you, top that off with Democratic zealots like Lewis Black poisoning the well ever time he opens his mouth...
Fuck George Bush.

Think for yourself. Do some real research before you make such ignorant statements about your leader.

Hmmm. Ok, let me think.

Ok.

Fuck George Bush. Fox news-watcher.

epistomai
11-28-2006, 08:19 PM
The ``666'' thing is worn out; 666 inst the `Mark of the beast'. Why would that be on there?

Have you heard someone discovered a formula to prove the none existance of GOD?

I think it's only a joke

Yoxodo
12-02-2006, 05:21 AM
I see the GOD in both the 10k cover and inside the brain in the Lateralus booklet.

theDEXorphan
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM

is there any other way?

Red Yehti
02-12-2007, 02:26 PM
I see the word God. Thats awesome to sneak it in there just like they did in the brain in Lateralus. The 666 part is not as clear. Looks more like 966. But I would not be surprised if it was actually meant to look like 666, because the price TOOL set for the tickets to their 10k Days mini tour was $66.66. Never seen anything like that before.