PDA

View Full Version : woman in maynards picture

njm
05-02-2006, 03:03 AM
judith marie? she is after all putting his head on her chest (breast) in the mirror. Does look a bit like a ghost..

Or is that just sick!?

Cucumber_11
05-02-2006, 03:49 AM
I think its sick. Shes caressing the building in the background (Which is obviously phallic in nature) and im sure the way shes caressing maynard is more than slightly kinky.

She's a groopie for sure.

Tyson
05-02-2006, 03:57 AM
It's a sign of affection.

crmsnghst
05-02-2006, 07:07 AM
Anyone know if that building is a replica (model) of a real structure?

Volrath
05-02-2006, 07:10 AM
Seems like the Empire State Building to me.

renegade46n2
05-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Does he not have the mohawk in the mirror? That's cool.

And yes, I think it's the Empire State Building....even though I have no idea what it looks like.

TornDown
05-02-2006, 09:15 AM
looks more like a light up column or pillar to me...

azatoth
05-02-2006, 09:25 AM
is that a mohawk..always thought it looked like a hedgehog

AshleyDyan
05-02-2006, 11:03 AM
I don't think she's caressing him.. Her hand is on her shoulder, and his head is to her chest (you can see through his head to her hand). In the background, though, where she's with the building- does it look like something (or someone) is coming... erm.. out of her? I see something between her legs, but I can't make out what it is.

JohnBeckius
05-02-2006, 11:10 AM
It's just her right thigh. It's bent in a way that it looks like something coming out. But look at it and say to yourself "That's a leg." and I think you'll see it. What about his ex-fiance? Or maybe his current main-squeeze?

CCD
05-02-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't think the two women in the picture are the same woman. The girl in the background (caressing the Empire State building) seems pretty easy to figure out. (Notice the telephone closest to Maynard is unusually long?) The woman in the mirror, I suspect, is meant to be the spirit of his mother, primarily because you can see her face and she is in a non-seductive pose, as opposed to the Empire State Girl, who is posing suggestively and is faceless.

Metalgod666
05-02-2006, 12:43 PM
why did they suddenly decide to appear in the case after 10 years of annoniminity (spelling)

mjk_462
05-02-2006, 12:59 PM
why did they suddenly decide to appear in the case after 10 years of annoniminity (spelling)

Must have figured it is time to start connecting with their fans a little more? I remember a show in 99 or 2000 that Justin stayed facing away from the crowd the entire show and Maynard said nothing other than lyrics. From what I've read of the Coachella reviews, this isn't exactly how they are presenting themselves now. I like the idea of more fan contact, but dont like the idea of going mainstream. (which i dont think they ever will) but that discussion is for another forum :)

tomatoms
05-02-2006, 01:56 PM
it's not supposed to be his mom. when i first saw the pick i thought of the three libras video with the 3 asian chicks that he ignores while he sits in the chair at the desk with a pen. not a wine glass in that one, but kind of similar.

Dj Consequence
05-02-2006, 04:33 PM

Did you download Undertow and Aenema? or am I confused?

igiveup1113
05-02-2006, 05:00 PM
has anybody actually seen a pic of his mom? the lady in the mirror looks alot like his mom

Nimh
05-02-2006, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't say they were very clearly pictures in Undertow, like they were in this one. I stole Aenema from my brother, and the serrated edges had fallen apart, so I've never actually seen the art from that album. Someone else could comment on that.

JuanWarez
05-02-2006, 05:26 PM
They had many pictures of themselves on the Ænima vinyl. They've also had a few group photos in magazines when Lateralus came out.

Metalgod666
05-02-2006, 06:09 PM

well they appeared in the Aenima booklet (albiet blurry), so I guess Aenima. But I guess they're hasn't been a clear pic since Undertow until now

kohath
05-02-2006, 06:27 PM
why is he raising his glass in a salute or "cheers" sorta way?

kamr0n
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM

1st leme say great forum u guys have here im glad i found it.(as this is my first post)

ya thats what i was thinking, maybe to his mom? also if u look there is another wine glass( i cant tell if there is anything in it or if its just the reflection from the jug behind it). but maybe there r two cups, one for him and one for his mother?

and like someone else said whats with the very long phone? any1 know what that thing is on the table top right hand corner? the square shaped thing looks like it has one of those old timers on it where u twist it.

Dolophane
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I thought it was sort of like "This is the wine I'm now selling and it kicks ass, hope you order some."

Systolic
05-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I thought it was sort of like "This is the wine I'm now selling and it kicks ass, hope you order some."

bjornwad
05-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Does he not have the mohawk in the mirror?

Maynards mohawk is like a Dracula!

CCD
05-03-2006, 12:10 AM
any1 know what that thing is on the table top right hand corner? the square shaped thing looks like it has one of those old timers on it where u twist it.
It's a radio.

*feels incredibly old*

Blanket_509
05-03-2006, 12:21 AM
That's definately the Empire State Building. The way it comes out on the bottom and goes in at the top is dead giveaway.

bitter_enigma
05-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Wonder if there's any significance about the two fingers the ES Building lady is holding out.

Peace sign? Something more?

Colonel Pants
05-03-2006, 04:37 AM

I thought this at first too, but if you look really close you can see it there. Try looking at the lady's neck and you can see if in front of it.

soulslot
05-03-2006, 06:51 AM
SO the woman hanging on to the Empire State building, in the left panel on my copy, she has a tiny fleck of red on her left shoulder blade. Left panel, left shoulder blade, red fleck, anyone else get this? Or is this just another glitchy artwork anamoloy?

GaminCoda
05-03-2006, 08:03 AM
here's a picture of Maynard's mother... Judith Marie :
http://www.toolband.com/images/judith.jpg

seneca77
05-03-2006, 09:09 AM

actually i tried, but they no longer sell online. you have to go there to purchase the wine. maybe someday i guess...

kamr0n
05-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Ok im looking at it right now and the two ladies in the pictures have the same hair style, maybe they are the same person?

StereoScopicLenses
05-03-2006, 10:33 AM
\m/

bert_johnson
05-03-2006, 04:16 PM

And yes, I think it's the Empire State Building....even though I have no idea what it looks like.

He does have the mohawk in the mirror, look really close.

½ - ∑mptﻹ
05-03-2006, 06:01 PM
my impression was the same at first, maybe some depcition of judith, but I honestly didn't really look at the fact that she was stroking a phallic tower in the back til looking at it today, so yeah. I dunno what to think now

escapeme
05-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Ok im looking at it right now and the two ladies in the pictures have the same hair style, maybe they are the same person?
2? I see three women.... the third looks like a profile within the smoky background right above the building. Maybe I am making something out of nothing but I noticed it the first time I looked at it.

MORNING_GLORY
05-05-2006, 10:38 AM
The cd art represents a lot of the music in my opinion. Notice how each band members' photos are sort of old-fashioned, with the suits and the curtains and such. To me it seems as if this album reflects old-fashioned Tool. Songs like The Pot or Jambi seem like they'd come from Opiate or Undertow. As for Maynards picture, the entire thing has a vague sense of sexuality to it, with the naked woman and the gigantic phallus in the background. It seems like Maynard isn't so much giving cheers, it looks like hes offering us a taste of the wine. Draw your own conclusions, but Maynards picture seems to have an obvious vibe to it.

fnc
05-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Wonder if there's any significance about the two fingers the ES Building lady is holding out.

Peace sign? Something more?

A peace sign, or the discordian symbol for 23.

The Local Sitar Player
05-05-2006, 04:38 PM
well the BIG phone has a roller-dex(spelling?) connected in whit. Im of the thoery that the puzzle has to do with two objects in each band members photo. Adam: Skeleton/Ghost and ?, Maynard: Wine and Lady, Justin: Eagle and Candles, Danny: Fireball and Plants?.........just ranting. S W L E C F P...........probably something in Enochian. I cant be bothered looking into it.

....those crazy Tool fellows.

jusmaroon
05-05-2006, 10:35 PM
has anyone noticed the shadowy-reflection type thing in adam's picture? it's right below the right hand curtain, above the jars. i don't think it's significant, but it kind of looks (to me) like a person with a hat on watching a bird flying overhead.

Agenda
05-05-2006, 10:38 PM
well they appeared in the Aenima booklet (albiet blurry), so I guess Aenima. But I guess they're hasn't been a clear pic since Undertow until now

The only album art they aren't in is Lateralus. Period. You can see a young maynard in opiate, like about 10.

WinkyFrog64
05-06-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't know if anyone noticed, but both pictures on every page are identical except for Maynard's. His wine glass is in a slightly different position. I saw this because the left wine glass reveals more of the white shirt underneath the black jacket he is wearing.

GullyFoyle
05-06-2006, 12:53 PM
I can't believe that they have a pic of judith on their website... what purpose would that serve? Anyone know how long that's been up there?? Find any more pics on their site remotely hidden like that? Or does the TB site actually link to the judith pic? It's like a sick eulogy easter egg. I tried finding more pics there, but it's forbidden and I'm not one to try and go back to the forbidden garden.

gf

apanine
05-06-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed, but both pictures on every page are identical except for Maynard's. His wine glass is in a slightly different position. I saw this because the left wine glass reveals more of the white shirt underneath the black jacket he is wearing.

All the pictures are like that. That's what makes them 3-D. Left eye, right eye. You can't just put the same picture up side by side and see it like that. It is spaced a few inches apart like our eyes. Go to Adam's myspace page. He explains how to do it there (actually very simple).

So I just wanted to put this all in one place even though most of these have been mentioned. But, the album obviously has to do with 'TWO'. How many two's are in every aspect of this album. Let's list them shall we:

Jambi lyrics
-divide me
-two become one
2 parts to Wings
Right in Two
(I also feel Viginti Tres has to do with this puzzle)
All the pictures are double
first pic two faces on each tier
2nd pic two spirals
3rd pic(Adam) two sconces on wall
5th pic two spirals
6th pic (Maynard)
-two women
-two Maynards
-two wine glasses
-woman on Empire holing up two fingers
-two phones
-two boxes (one open)
-two buttcheeks (you know you looked)
7th pic 1fetus + 1skull = 2 somethings (I think this one is actually more significant than most people think because it's simple compared to the other pics but I'm to shallow to figure it out, aside from ones inner child)
8th pic (Justin) two sections of candes in front, two in back (excluding the one that may be directly behind his left arm)
10th pic two fetus' two skulls
11th pic (the D Machine)
-two framed pictures on the wall behind him
-two plants in the same position right behind THE D MACHINE
-two uhh things on the table with those two plants behind THE D MACHINE
12th pic...no twos that I notice but that skull isn't by any means 'Normal' (see also THE D MACHINES pic)
13th pic (lyrics) two sets of spigglies and the lyrics have a shadow...TWO
14th and final pic SHADOWS ONCE AGAIN

i'm sure I've overlooked a lot and looked to much into some twos (shadows) but there is OF COURSE something to it

cjbarker02
05-06-2006, 05:46 PM
the album obviously has to do with 'TWO'. How many two's are in every aspect of this album. Let's list them shall we:

Right in Two.

-two framed pictures on the wall behind him
-two plants in the same position right behind THE D MACHINE
-two uhh things on the table with those two plants behind THE D MACHINE

i'm sure I've overlooked a lot and looked to much into some twos

This is definitly on the right (in two) track!!!
I noticed the same "two" things in adams pic. Everything that is in "two" is in the same position. (ie.. the one on the left is higher than than the right.)

i am a little ham'd right now so this probably isn't making any sense,

apanine
05-06-2006, 05:58 PM
This is definitly on the right (in two) track!!!
I noticed the same "two" things in adams pic. Everything that is in "two" is in the same position. (ie.. the one on the left is higher than than the right.)

i am a little ham'd right now so this probably isn't making any sense,

Wow I never noticed that...but you're right everything in "Two", the left one is higher than the one on the right...maybe that's a clue to which clues are to be used....I also noticed another two:

On the Adam picture the szukalski hand is holding up two fingers as well....most likely nothing significant.

cjbarker02
05-06-2006, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=apanine]Wow I never noticed that... QUOTE]

yes you did!

no_alternative
05-06-2006, 08:08 PM
as regards to the fetus-in-the-skull picture in the liner:

i was googling for "power of beef" and lateralus cover art (in order to find out what the connection between the two were), and the first link that appeared was this one:

http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2003_11.php

a 2003 newsletter with some emails and stuff in it. also in it, though, is an interview with Camella and Robyn (SpiralEyes).

an excerpt:

CAMELLA

...And the visual language, iconography goes all the way back to RetinaLogic. I mean it was kind of the same premise that we had back then for RetinaLogic… the visual language… that iconography is the most powerful language. A politician doesn't win you over with speeches; it is through images and propaganda.

Timothy Leary used to say "The eyes are the windows of the soul; who controls the eyes, controls the brain."

so i wouldn't necessarily freeze on the idea that the fetus pick is to do with the inner child - the fetus' umbilical cord is connected to the eye sockets of the skull. i'd say its using the analogy of birth and growth, but also about control, ideas and thought.
Tool used Camella and Robyn's art in their work a LOT in the past. Not just the stage backdrop-movies, but the Timothy Leary quote in 3rd eye live is from a video that Camella and Robyn worked on (how to operate your brain).

not sure whether or not its significant that the fetus is in a skull...is it just to resemble x-ray, or is it saying something about learning from the past / death.
death seems to be pretty prominent in this album.
it also seems that this could be tool's most personal album yet. that would link the pictures' settings with the band on their own stages with the curtains drawn back.

fartbender
05-06-2006, 10:47 PM
I can't believe that they have a pic of judith on their website... what purpose would that serve? Anyone know how long that's been up there?? Find any more pics on their site remotely hidden like that? Or does the TB site actually link to the judith pic? It's like a sick eulogy easter egg. I tried finding more pics there, but it's forbidden and I'm not one to try and go back to the forbidden garden.

gf

they uploaded it when they announced judith's death. the post had that picture in it.

also to the skull/fetus thing...i'll bring your attention to some reading from drunvalo melchizedek...i'll try to simplify it the best i can...

depends on how you look at it, the human chakra system is based on 8 chakras along one's spine, representing, from bottom to top: survival, sex, willpower/control/ego, heart/love, sound, sacred geometry, spiritual, crown/leading to "next world"

this directly corresponds to the major scale in music (or the chromatic scale if you'd like to follow the egyptian understanding of the 13 chakras) it is said that all people go through stages of each chakra. many people live their entire lives "in the bottom three chakras" without even knowing there is more to life than survival, sex, and ego....anyway i'm not going to go into the specifics, but you go up the scale and when you reach the 8th and final note of the scale, or the octave, it is not only the end of that scale, but the beginning of another scale.

what does this mean? death = rebirth

dudeinabox
05-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Anyone else notice the woman in the mirror has a striking resemblance to Adele?

badgertool
05-07-2006, 08:57 AM
The repetition of the number two warrants some analysis. The fact that songs have two parts to them etc. In Maynard’s picture he offer’s one glass of wine as if for us to taste. The second glass is to the side as if it is being reserved. The phones, one is facing the camera and one facing away, as if one is available and one is not. In one of the pictures, there are two boxes, one open one closed. All of these things seem to say that something is being held back, that what we see is just a taste, a mere hint at things to come. Maybe it is as simple as “here is the album, taste it, sample it, swirl it around you mind like wine in you mouth. Then experience the whole thing live…” This could be a plausible, not far fetch idea that doesn’t play to everyone’s hope that something secret is around the corner. It could also be just that, signs of more to come…

JohnBeckius
05-08-2006, 10:39 AM
well the BIG phone has a roller-dex(spelling?) connected in whit. Im of the thoery that the puzzle has to do with two objects in each band members photo. Adam: Skeleton/Ghost and ?, Maynard: Wine and Lady, Justin: Eagle and Candles, Danny: Fireball and Plants?.........just ranting. S W L E C F P...........probably something in Enochian. I cant be bothered looking into it.

You are clearly on drugs. You make no sense, and you throw like a girl.

Grimgrumthegnome
05-08-2006, 11:07 AM
check out my theory:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=46514

as far as the women, i believe they represent love and sex (after all, unification [two becoming one] is the main concept of the album). In that regard, yes, of course the concept of "two" is vital, but i believe it to be most essential in maynard's picture which represents the purpose of a spirit residing on earth (to combine with another). One phone for him, one for us (communication as a means of unification). One box closed, one open AND one glass of wine for us, one for him (sharing as a means of unification). Lastly, the clock that points to 11, may i quote 'Jimmy' - "1 and 1 are one 11" (when two "1"s become one, they form an "11") ... for the rest of my theory please follow my link, i really do believe my theory is on the right track

RezX
05-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Just one thing here...

Everyone keeps mentioning that the only band the members are not picture in is Lateralus...but this is incorrect. Each layer in the lateralus artwork represents a member of the band, there is meaning to it. They may not be *photographs" but they are pictured in the album.

This is my beliefe and understanding

chatnoir
05-08-2006, 09:20 PM
tasting the wine = eating the apple. there is a temptation theme in this picture.

Hi9
05-08-2006, 10:11 PM
tasting the wine = eating the apple. there is a temptation theme in this picture.
Yea, I totally see that. I kinda see it a bit in all of the band pictures... Danny with all the occult, Adam with the medical abnormalities, Justin with the, umm.. bird... alright, that one maybe not so much, but the rest of the band definately each has something that would be considered a tempation away from normality, at least a Christian normality.

It could be kind of like all that stuff written in Aenima about the human sacrifices and all... hyping up their darkness in a kind of mock of their detractors.

rEVOLUTIONary
05-09-2006, 12:09 AM
has anyone noticed the shadowy-reflection type thing in adam's picture? it's right below the right hand curtain, above the jars. i don't think it's significant, but it kind of looks (to me) like a person with a hat on watching a bird flying overhead.

I believe that it is just the light reflecting off of the picture of the skeleton.

JOK3R
05-09-2006, 12:27 AM

i think thats a little much

Grimgrumthegnome
05-09-2006, 10:26 AM
i agree ^^^^ ... not only is a little much, but it's a little random... why put the letters in that order? or in any order... i've said this before, but...they are NOT trying to trick us... all of the clues we NEED are obvious...i wouldn't doubt that there may be some specific details hidden in all the small/hidden objects in the art, but if you're looking for the overall meaning, you need to look no further than your own intellect... i believe i can sum up the entire artwork in 3 words

"two become one"

from there, we can try to work out the rest of the details

Erowyn
05-11-2006, 08:55 PM

note also that in almost all pictures no matter what the rest of the band looks like maynard is almost always in some sort of disguise... this is basically the first set of photos where they have all out shown themselves as themselves with just their scenery to hide behind... hes not in "drag" or a wig or makeup.. he is maynard... for the first time.... but oddly enough if you really want to look at good pictures of just him check out his vinyard page... he has TONS of photos of himself around there... kind of funny... even a couple pictures of his son... which as far as i know has never been seen before...

JOK3R
05-12-2006, 12:38 AM
i didnt think he would ever put up pics of his son

maggie2toes
05-12-2006, 09:29 AM
i believe i can sum up the entire artwork in 3 words

"two become one"

from there, we can try to work out the rest of the details

I agree, but at the same time, it almos appears as if there is something being held back in each of the pictures as well. This is most obvious in Maynard's picture with the glasses (one offered), boxes (one open), and woman's face (one visible)... you are welcome to share one, but the other is reserved.

The other pictures don't lend themselves to this idea quite as readily, but I believe it could be said about each of photographs.

I don't know if this implies that two can never completely become one, that there is no such thing as complete unity...?

Maybe it is indicative of the struggle that one must go through in order to truly unite with another...?

This is a little off the subject, but maybe it is symbolic of the public self and private self. Obviously Tool has always been known for very personal themes in music and this album takes that to a new level... but as fans, we can only know what we are given.

Probably not part of your "puzzle", but, hopefully, interesting.

knpoole
05-19-2006, 12:16 PM
seems like noone has posted here in a while but that ok.

I've been reading all the posts about the woman/women in the maynard photo and I agree with both the phallic EP building and nuturing mother ideas. I know its kind of a long shot, but maybe this is a Freudian theme.

split_the_sky
05-21-2006, 05:32 AM
I believe you view the picture as two different images just like everything else in this album so far. Mirrors are always linked with illusions of some sort. If you look at everything in the picture but ignore the mirror you get a happier looking maynard, enjoying drinking, has dancing sexual distractions around him and he's living it up. He's even inviting you in.

But when we see only the mirror he is not so happy or in any kind of party-mood. He has other things on his mind, even though you would not imagine from his outside appearence. He is thinking of another woman or he is thinking of being held in comfort.

Judi
05-30-2006, 06:58 PM
here's a picture of Maynard's mother... Judith Marie :
http://www.toolband.com/images/judith.jpg

Where did you find that? That's a great picture!

muddywater
06-12-2006, 03:31 AM
SO the woman hanging on to the Empire State building, in the left panel on my copy, she has a tiny fleck of red on her left shoulder blade. Left panel, left shoulder blade, red fleck, anyone else get this? Or is this just another glitchy artwork anamoloy?

Maybe the Empire State buildings next in line and like a mother protects her treasures from harm. i cant see the red flecks, but it only made me think even harder.

"over thinking over analyzing separates the body from the mind"

Blanket_509
06-12-2006, 05:49 AM
the whole number 2 thing I think has more to do with having to remain as one in order to be balanced.

lonelydumptruck
06-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the woman in (and i do mean IN, not reflected in) the mirror has the wrong shadowing? she should be lit from the right like maynard, but she isn't. I always thought that she was a reflection of someone offstage/waiting in the wings/behind the curatin what have you, but then i noticed that she is not lit properly, that and she and maynard are both semi-transparent in the mirror. It isn't a light source withing the mirror either, because maynard's reflection is lit like his corporeal body is. Also, she's staring down at his reflection, not out at him. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this, it has to be deliberate because creating light sources for images that you insert isnt that hard, and they obv spent a lot of time layering this

Any ideas?

smeefsmeef
06-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the woman in (and i do mean IN, not reflected in) the mirror has the wrong shadowing? she should be lit from the right like maynard, but she isn't. I always thought that she was a reflection of someone offstage/waiting in the wings/behind the curatin what have you, but then i noticed that she is not lit properly, that and she and maynard are both semi-transparent in the mirror. It isn't a light source withing the mirror either, because maynard's reflection is lit like his corporeal body is. Also, she's staring down at his reflection, not out at him. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this, it has to be deliberate because creating light sources for images that you insert isnt that hard, and they obv spent a lot of time layering this

Any ideas?

Yes, the you from 8:03 P.M. Eastern Time yesterday noticed this as well.

lacrimosa
06-13-2006, 08:22 PM
note also that in almost all pictures no matter what the rest of the band looks like maynard is almost always in some sort of disguise... this is basically the first set of photos where they have all out shown themselves as themselves with just their scenery to hide behind... hes not in "drag" or a wig or makeup.. he is maynard... for the first time.... but oddly enough if you really want to look at good pictures of just him check out his vinyard page... he has TONS of photos of himself around there... kind of funny... even a couple pictures of his son... which as far as i know has never been seen before...

actually there is a picture of devo on the caduceus journal thing...you don't see his face but he says that it's his son. he's in a water ditch or something like that...you'll have to flip through all the pages of his journal to find it....
the date is 7/9/05....

lonelydumptruck
06-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Yes, the you from 8:03 P.M. Eastern Time yesterday noticed this as well.

wow thanks for contributing to the discussion, i feel totally enlightened

enterthepigger
06-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Holy crap, I can totally see the woman stroking the Empire State Building reflected in the cloud. Her hair and face is oriented right so that it would be a reflection. It looks like she's wearing a see-through bra though.

Or perhaps its not a reflection and the ghost of someone else entirely.

To find it, its like the torso of the woman coming out of the top of the empire state building woman's arm. And nearer to the hand than the elbow.

Chosen One
06-17-2006, 09:27 PM
justin's pic confuses me the most because it doesn't instigate any particular interesting concept, other than i just noticed something very simple that i'm sure everyone has already spotted but in the blow-up his bird (or different one) is perched on the same dog-head hand from adam's pic. meaning? dunno
i thought i something (angel/figure) in the mist in maynards pic before but can't see it again, dunno if everyone is seeing this or if i am willing it
cheers!

jack_flash
06-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Hey, I started a new thread on this but it kinda got relegated to the back pages pretty damn quickly so I thought Id give it another shot in what seems to be the main thread on this topic. Could it be possible that the woman in the reflection is Maynard's anima?

koobcam
06-18-2006, 03:32 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_(Jung) good call

jack_flash
06-23-2006, 05:47 AM
Noone...?

duncang
06-30-2006, 03:17 AM
I think its Judith. Maynard in the mirror has no mohawk, its a sign of the past. Also, in the mirror is an ALIVE Judith Marie, whereas outside the mirror, there is a ghostly Marie and Maynard with a mohawk.

MORNING_GLORY
06-30-2006, 08:52 AM
he does have the mohawk in the mirror, its just hard to see...look close. the only thing i wonder is why is maynards reflection transparent, you can see right through him to the woman... maybe its because this album is more about personal things, hes becoming transparent?

Opiate_Of_The_Mind
07-20-2006, 04:47 PM

He is offering it to you. Sit down and listen to the music my friend. Let it take you a way.

TWENTY-THREE
07-21-2006, 08:47 PM
The lady in the picture is Lady liberty(Same women as the statue of liberty). Hasn't anyone seen a coin made before 1910? That's why she was on the statue of liberty's
pedestal, but I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY SHE'S PUTTING THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING ON INSTEAD. (sORRY ABOUT THE CAPS)

TWENTY-THREE
08-07-2006, 01:50 PM
It feels lik e everytime I post something, the thread is forever lost. I'm a thread killer!

without judgement
09-14-2006, 10:21 AM
It reminds me of Syd Barrett's solo album cover with the naked chick in the background facing the wall. Just like how syd and maynard sing about Saturn retuning in the grudge first song on lateralus and syd singing it in astronomy domaine the first song on piper at the gates of dawn. maybe some kind of fascination.

kevinskrazyklub
10-05-2006, 10:17 PM
well all these clues must lead to something.

From wikipedia: "In a May 5 post on the band's official website[5], it is hinted that "the four individual photos [of the band members] can be used as the pieces of a kind of puzzle", but the puzzle and its meaning "will just be another nut to crack."

Is it possible that all these two's in their music and their album are suggesting a followup album that was recorded at the same time with 10000 days which could be due for release next year? There are a lot of 2's so the clues have to lead to something that would produce two of something. Maybe.