PDA

View Full Version : stereoscope faux pas

erazorhead
05-02-2006, 12:57 AM
i dropped into my parents house after having bought 10,000 days and was looking through the booklet. i was showing my sister and called my dad over to take a look and on the way over he said, 'you know i've only got one eye right?', ah fuck, that's right!, 'ok, maybe don't bother'

i felt kinda bad about it later.

do you think tool is discriminating agains't uni-optical fans with this release? should we lobby for a specially adapted package for those who, through no fault of their own, are unable to view stereoscopic imagery?

zor

Boozy Eulogist
05-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Yes, just like we should lobby Tool to make special music for the deaf.

CCD
05-02-2006, 01:01 AM
i dropped into my parents house after having bought 10,000 days and was looking through the booklet. i was showing my sister and called my dad over to take a look and on the way over he said, 'you know i've only got one eye right?', ah fuck, that's right!, 'ok, maybe don't bother'

i felt kinda bad about it later.

do you think tool is discriminating agains't uni-optical fans with this release? should we lobby for a specially adapted package for those who, through no fault of their own, are unable to view stereoscopic imagery?

zor
I would have followed up by saying "Then sod off cyclops....."

PsYkeR
05-02-2006, 01:28 AM
My girlfriends mum is in the same boat. On my way to their pad, she was out the back haaivng a cigarette. 'Check THIS out!' i say. and after ten minutes of perusing the pictures, she reminds me that she is colour blind cant make out anything = (

*awkward silence*

schmeng
05-02-2006, 01:53 AM
lol @ people with disabilities

mikeanthony
05-02-2006, 02:02 AM

zor

I think it would just mean taking out stereoscopic imaging so no one can use them kind of selfish in my opinion

bitter_enigma
05-02-2006, 03:06 AM

Wow that's deep, man.

Your total lack of empathy is your disability.

drenei
05-02-2006, 05:57 AM
everyone is not going to be able to experience everything... i think thats a part of life. and it makes for interesting conversations - if you're in to sharing your perspective and receiving a different one... right?

i don't think tool needs to cater to everyone... its impossible.

"ce n'est pas une pipe" ;p

lucydog
05-02-2006, 06:20 AM
they have a whole channel on tv for that. its called MTV JAMS.

blair's man sausage
05-02-2006, 06:43 AM

that kinda blind-sided me...ha ha

05-02-2006, 07:45 AM

THEY COULD JUST FEEL THE BASS.

sp4cem0nkey
05-03-2006, 08:26 PM

No no no! Queens Of The Stone Age have already done this!

Shadow_walker
05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
My best friend is color blind and he is kind of pissed off about the artwork too.. he cant make out shit.

SomethingSpecial
05-03-2006, 09:58 PM
omg i loled

Renholder
05-04-2006, 03:46 AM
I showed this to my chemistry teacher and after a few seconds of trying to see through the lense, he tells me , " I have a biochemistry degree and yet, I never was able to look through a microscope properly because my eyes were too close together . I can't look through these lenses for the same reason."

And then, I was like "oh shit, sorry dude"

UtUmNo1
05-04-2006, 03:48 AM
I would have followed up by saying "Then sod off cyclops....."

This is fucking gold!!!

I nearly headbutted my monitor I lol'd that hard.

Hilarious.

IC
05-04-2006, 04:58 AM
is this a serious thread?

Supergroup
05-04-2006, 05:36 AM
My girlfriends mum is in the same boat. On my way to their pad, she was out the back haaivng a cigarette. 'Check THIS out!' i say. and after ten minutes of perusing the pictures, she reminds me that she is colour blind cant make out anything = (

*awkward silence*
Colorblindness doen't affect your ability to see the images. I am color blind and see them fine.

Oberon
05-04-2006, 06:06 AM
my sister has one eye, so she's out.

I have an extremely weak right eye, so it only works like 30% of the time for me. there are some of the stereoscopic pictures that i've never been able to get to work (Most of them.)

11Reflections11
05-04-2006, 10:04 PM
These stories make me laugh so hard. You could never write this shit, only in life do things like these happen. I especially like the LOL @ ppl w. disabilities. Not because its right, becuase its so wrong lol.