PDA

View Full Version : Maynard with the wine glass...

RiffBP
05-01-2006, 04:20 PM
insight into the interests of one of rock's most enigmatic frontmen, or shameless caduceus promotion? go.

hbynoe
05-01-2006, 04:21 PM
a bit of both i say :)
lol

his journals over there are really inspirational

RiffBP
05-01-2006, 04:27 PM
yeah, that site of his is pretty keen. some really amazing pictures of the vinyard under snow. i think my g/f wants to kidnap his dog now though...

skizzott
05-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm in Phoenix right now. Drove up to Page springs cellars where he makes his wine Sat. I spoke with the folks working there and showed them my arm (got the first caduceus pic he had up on that site (the combo of Tony K's and Ramiro R's Caduceus'), and anyway the gal said she wished maynard was there to see my arm, and I thought that was cool that she said he'd like it. I don't want him to look at me like a little fanboi. I"m 32 and here for a Research Convention. Anyway, I was going to go up to Jerome to see the merkin vineyards, but decided against it. She told me where it was, I just told her to tell the man I'm giving him a lot of free advertising. Bought two bottle of the Primer Paso. 44.00 each and the Nagal was 66.00!! BTW, it's F'n hot here.

RiffBP
05-01-2006, 04:57 PM
have you tasted them yet? a buddy of mine and i are trying to decide if it's worth a road trip out there (from OK) for a few bottles.

blair's man sausage
05-01-2006, 05:01 PM
shameless promotion...like the new 'hawk tho

melvintillius
05-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Might that be an image of his mother coming through the mirror?

erazorhead
05-02-2006, 12:52 AM
it made me think of the shameless plug for his wine that i saw in an interview recently, he made some pun about 'whine' and 'wine'

zol
05-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Might that be an image of his mother coming through the mirror?

Precisely what I was thinking. Any ideas of the significance of the Empire State-like building in the background?

schmeng
05-02-2006, 01:38 AM
ok, we all knew he has his own vineyard, so how is this promoting anything?

Tyson
05-02-2006, 03:55 AM
He's toasting his mother goodbye.

05-02-2006, 07:43 AM
I don't think it's promotion, just an "in-joke".

DirtJumper
05-02-2006, 10:01 AM
I actually think he is tipping his glass to us. I have a feeling we might not be hearing a new album anytime soon if at all. It is almost like he is saying thank you it's been fun.

JohnBeckius
05-02-2006, 11:18 AM
my arm

Well, let's see it! I've been kicking around the idea of getting a tattoo inspired by this band. Let's see how yours turned out.

xineax
05-02-2006, 11:21 AM
ok, we all knew he has his own vineyard, so how is this promoting anything?

It's not. People are just upsettingly cynical nowadays (but I think this thread had good intentions). This guy likes wine...all these pictures seem to make a caricature out of the band members' personalities. I find it to be very humorous.

CCD
05-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Unless the wine bottle on the desk is one of his brand (and it's very small any way), I don't see how he can be pumping his vineyards with it. Maynard is an epicurian, and wine is an important thing for him, especially now that he has got his side business up and running. Nothing more than that, I suspect.

mjk_462
05-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I used to go to a church class when i was little and it was called "CCD"
thats all i have

ripewithdecay
05-02-2006, 03:03 PM
He's toasting his mother goodbye.

He's toasting us. Curtain call and everything.

I don't see the point in reading into this. The guy likes to fucking drink wine, so what?

bwood99x
05-02-2006, 03:43 PM
he's pushing the wine glass on us...literally... drink his fucking wine...now, go

RiffBP
05-03-2006, 06:44 AM
well yeah. anyone who cares already knows. just thought i'd have some fun before repost started to run rampant. again.

intoxic8
05-03-2006, 06:54 AM
from the glass and shape of the bottle, it looks like he's drink Port not wine. but i don't think people decant port so maybe i'm wrong.

eonphi
05-03-2006, 07:28 AM
i'd say it's just about him liking wine...thats it...all the pics of the band members have stuff they like

skizzott
05-03-2006, 03:17 PM
1. I haven't tasted the wine yet. I'm worried, because I usually am not a fan of red, and I hear Shiraz is quite bold. I bought one to drink, one to save, and the girl I went with also bought one. Here is a pic of my arm and me at the winery:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/skizzott/ScottatPageSprings.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/skizzott/Caduceus.jpg

Not sure how to post pics or links here, so please let me know if these don't work and I'll figure something out. Let me know what you think.

heliotrpic
05-03-2006, 03:42 PM
I see the pics and your tattoo is pretty cool looking. I don’t like band related tattoos too often but that one is tasteful and far enough removed incase they ever make a horrible album or go off the deep end people wont automatically associate it with the band.

Karl

The Useful Idiot
05-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Precisely what I was thinking. Any ideas of the significance of the Empire State-like building in the background?

The Empire State building is supposed to be a Penis that the naked chick is grabbing.

skizzott
05-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I see the pics and your tattoo is pretty cool looking. I don’t like band related tattoos too often but that one is tasteful and far enough removed incase they ever make a horrible album or go off the deep end people wont automatically associate it with the band.

Karl

Thanks. It also fits because I'm in the medical field, so that helped in me deciding to get it.

intoxic8
05-04-2006, 03:58 AM
'EMAIL, SUBJECT: CD PHOTOS OF MAYNARD
Q: So what fine vintage is Maynard drinking in the photo?..

A: It's a DOW'S 2000 Vintage Porto (Portugal), although I'm not sure why he selected that particular bottle. I can tell you, however, that what he left went pretty damn good with a slice of Snicker's cake from Solly's bakery. That and that I ignored his advice of only drinking two glasses. '

i was right bout the PORT - way cool... wheres the respect eh?