PDA

View Full Version : I hate the way...

toocooltool
05-01-2006, 10:57 AM
This song is so overlooked because its all about pt 2... anyone else with me?

Bob_Marley_Wannabe
05-01-2006, 11:04 AM
pt. 2 owns

Sober_Tom
05-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I agree. you have to hear the two together or its not the same. just like eon blue and the patient. everyone needs their entree before the main meal

polly wants a cracker
05-02-2006, 03:03 AM
I agree. you have to hear the two together or its not the same. just like eon blue and the patient. everyone needs their entree before the main meal

That is so true. The Patient sounds so much better with Eon Blue.

eonphi
05-02-2006, 03:12 AM
it's not right just to listen to wings 2...both or neither...

smeefsmeef
05-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I dunno... the Tool songs that take the longest for me to absorb usually become my favorites.

I'm currently listening to this song and... well... It's definitely different... Not a segue, yet not an actual song (more like an intro)... or is it?

dracomordag
05-03-2006, 05:09 PM
there's a reason there's part one and part two... you're supposed to listen to them as a whole

morningbell
05-03-2006, 06:55 PM
I think it was actually supposed to be one song and it got broken up for time or track listing purposes, so it is intended to be listened to together.

Dolophane
05-03-2006, 07:59 PM
It's definitely different... Not a segue, yet not an actual song (more like an intro)... or is it?
Sort of like....the first part of a two part song?

milair47
05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
the part in the begining that sounds some what like the X-files theme with the barely audible lyrics is eerily amazing you have to concentrate so hard to hear the lyrics that it makes you hear everything else that is going on. The way Maynard half sings half whispers brings out all of the emotion that is in the song

transcend187
05-03-2006, 09:32 PM
I think its an absolutely beautiful track, possibly the most evident aspect of the evolution Tool has experienced since Lateralus. Together with part 2 (yes, you MUST listen to them as a whole), its my favourite on the album. And part 2 just wouldn't be as good without it... though I have to say that I still feel part 2 is the "main part" of the song.

EDIT: Forget the last thing I said. They are both equally important to the song. I just listened to them again. I love this album more each time I listen to it.

11Reflections11
05-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Play the whole album start to finish like you do with the other 4 (or 5 Salival).

jercyn
05-04-2006, 10:21 AM
They should be heard together

pork chops
05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
it's like parabol/parabola but 10,000x better....imo

identitat soldat
05-04-2006, 04:18 PM
At first I wouldn't listen to 10,000 Days without Wings for Marie first, but 10,000 days has a very different impact when you don't listen to Wings for Marie first. Not nessesarily better, athough I'm leaning in that direction. Don't get me wrong though Wings for Marie is a great song, and does well on it's own as well.

If you're annoyed that people seem to overlook this track then you MUST be pissed that people are overlooking Intension. I know I am.

Burd
05-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I always sorta treated Eon Blue as a coda to "The Grudge", but whatever works.

I seriously doubt any real Tool fan would go straight to part 2.

sweatyturtle19
05-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Man, I love the beginning of this song so damn much. The part right where the guitar kicks in and plays that soft rift is amazing. It so soft, but it feels so damn epic at the same time...almost like something real big is about to happen.

I can't really explain, but I get chills every time I hear it.

grathrax
05-04-2006, 07:12 PM
I dunno... the Tool songs that take the longest for me to absorb usually become my favorites.

Thats how music in general works. "Disposable pop" (a cliche to say that, I know) hooks people on the first listen but they grow bored of it. Stuff that takes a long time to get to like has a slower, longer, more appreciative long term appeal.

identitat soldat
05-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Man, I love the beginning of this song so damn much. The part right where the guitar kicks in and plays that soft rift is amazing. It so soft, but it feels so damn epic at the same time...almost like something real big is about to happen.

I can't really explain, but I get chills every time I hear it.

I totally agree. When they debued the whole CD on last Sunday on 93x in The Twin Cities, I tuned in for like 20 seconds (even though I swore I woudn't), all I heard was that riff, and I was blown away.

11Reflections11
05-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I always sorta treated Eon Blue as a coda to "The Grudge", but whatever works.

I seriously doubt any real Tool fan would go straight to part 2.

Im a real TooL fan and I do that. And you know what, most of the time I skip Eon before The Patient as well.

anopheles
05-04-2006, 11:21 PM
there's a reason there's part one and part two... you're supposed to listen to them as a whole

then why not make one song?

anopheles
05-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Im a real TooL fan and I do that. And you know what, most of the time I skip Eon before The Patient as well.

i do the same. if they wanted it to be ONE song they would have made it that way.

Opiate_Mass
05-05-2006, 04:27 AM
No you see, you're very wrong if you weren't a poser (which you are) you would listen to a whole tool albumn without skipping any of the songs (which you do), there fore it is evident that you are a douche.

pork chops
05-05-2006, 04:32 AM
if anyone wants validation on whether or not they are a real tool fan, just ask opiate. he seems to know what's up

Oberon
05-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Whenever i listen to The Patient, i skip eon blue apocalypse and masturbate with sandpaper while kissing my photoshopped picture of maynard and chino making out.

...am i a real tool fan?

Seethus
05-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Whenever i listen to The Patient, i skip eon blue apocalypse and masturbate with sandpaper while kissing my photoshopped picture of maynard and chino making out.

...am i a real tool fan?

No, but you're a real idiot ^^

But I love part 1 as equal, its a whole...so I dont see part 2 as any better of course.

blair's man sausage
05-05-2006, 07:14 AM

...am i a real tool fan?

i dunno if that qualifies...sandpaper eh? thanks for that mental imagery...

11Reflections11
05-05-2006, 05:39 PM
No you see, you're very wrong if you weren't a poser (which you are) you would listen to a whole tool albumn without skipping any of the songs (which you do), there fore it is evident that you are a douche.

Whoa I didnt realize I was dealing with the higher power here. I better just burn all my my TooL stuff and forget that I ever heard them because I'm not a real fan. I just stood in line for a couple hours for the album, and havn't stopped listening to it since. You know what man, you are right. I actually HATE TooL. Worst band ever. And Zeppelin. No talent losers is what they are.

Hey since you know me so well can I ask you, what should I do with my life? I mean it's obvious that you're smarter, wiser, and a way bigger TooL fan than everyone else here so I figures you might have some insight. Oh and hey, how big is Maynards cock? fuckin asshole.

WitlessLiar
05-05-2006, 07:45 PM
it's like parabol/parabola but 10,000x better....imo
Yeah, or even EBA/The Patient. Almost no one listens to EBA alone but together they sound great.

To me this sounds like the first song he made then he made 10,000 days. I like this almost as much though (I probably like the intro better).

seneca77
05-05-2006, 07:50 PM
This song is so overlooked because its all about pt 2... anyone else with me?

i dont overlook this song, and i am all i can speak for.

seneca77
05-05-2006, 07:51 PM

I'm currently listening to this song and... well... It's definitely different... Not a segue, yet not an actual song (more like an intro)... or is it?

i am not claiming to be correct here, but to me wings is about the life, 10000 days is the death

littlejason
05-06-2006, 03:27 PM
well, to be fair i think it WAS one song. Like Disposition, Reflection, and Triad were originally one song but it got split up. There was word before the record came out about a roughly 18 minute song and when you put these two tracks together as far as tiem goes, they come out to around 18 minutes. I've listened to just Pt. 2 and it jsut doens't feel right, i always have to go back and listen to them both.

I think it's all right to start the record and Wings pt 1, i'm not sure the record even really BEGINS until that song. It's almsot like Vicarious and Jambi are there to say 'hey guys! remember us! we're that band you love! Yeah, we're back! good to see ya! Okay now we're actually going to play a record' Not to say Vicarious and Jambi weren't great song, but Wings 1 & 2 are the focus of the record, from the look of how many people love songs like Rosetta and Right In Two, i think a lot of people missed that fact.

rinia
05-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I can't listen to Part 2 without listening to Part 1 first. It's a Parabol/Parabola situation all over again. They just go together. In a way I wish they had not seperated them, so there was no option to listen to one half or the other, since the messsage is conveyed across both songs.

Psilo
05-07-2006, 12:09 AM
I dont even think about the transition from pt 1 to pt 2. Ive made it all one huge song in my head, and I feel its better that way,.